Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 04:10 AM

Default Re: Newhizzle v. Joe Cassidy 500/1k HU match

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's like borderline impossible for Mark to be the best player at this point. The psychological impact of being ahead for so long and suddenly being on the ropes makes Cassidy an overdog right now regardless of who was the favorite when they started. If they were even I would be rooting for newhizzle but I'm a nit so I take a winner when I see one.

[/ QUOTE ]

he sounds totally fine and very composed...especially for how long its been...

[/ QUOTE ]

this is partly why i stopped playing online high limits almost 2 years ago. one specific thing is the feeling of losing money from a peak hurts so much more than the actual loss at higher limits for me than it does at regular limits where it is a smaller % of my roll. i think the reason is the amt of money. i guess i'm not a true gambler in that sense. most sessions would be normal, but a 150-200bb multitable high limit loss would feel a billion times worse that 4 75bb wins. that leaves me (if that happened exactly in a row... 4 wins and the loss) with a monetary gain but a severe emotional loss.

if i were mark i'd not be very composed right now...but i promise you, talking to me you'd think i was. not a good gauge of composure. only he knows where he is at right now. self awareness is funny like that...only one's self knows in instances like these.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

well...i feel i know him pretty well and his moods (been around when hes won big and lost big before). He is not going to hide how he feels right now, if for any reason he is just too worn down from being awake. Of course hes not happy about the loss...but he is fine and not freaking in the least. And no, in some circumstances others know you better than yourself, espeically when you are not in a sharp mind set. On top of that, there are always people who you show or tell your true emotions to, so dont assume so little about him and the situation. Im 100% sure he isnt "hiding" how he feels right now from me (not to sound high and mighty, but as a friend - cause I am sure people are going to talk crap)
Old 05-31-2007, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's like borderline impossible for Mark to be the best player at this point. The psychological impact of being ahead for so long and suddenly being on the ropes makes Cassidy an overdog right now regardless of who was the favorite when they started. If they were even I would be rooting for newhizzle but I'm a nit so I take a winner when I see one.

[/ QUOTE ]

he sounds totally fine and very composed...especially for how long its been...

[/ QUOTE ]

this is partly why i stopped playing online high limits almost 2 years ago. one specific thing is the feeling of losing money from a peak hurts so much more than the actual loss at higher limits for me than it does at regular limits where it is a smaller % of my roll. i think the reason is the amt of money. i guess i'm not a true gambler in that sense. most sessions would be normal, but a 150-200bb multitable high limit loss would feel a billion times worse that 4 75bb wins. that leaves me (if that happened exactly in a row... 4 wins and the loss) with a monetary gain but a severe emotional loss.

if i were mark i'd not be very composed right now...but i promise you, talking to me you'd think i was. not a good gauge of composure. only he knows where he is at right now. self awareness is funny like that...only one's self knows in instances like these.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

well...i feel i know him pretty well and his moods (been around when hes won big and lost big before). He is not going to hide how he feels right now, if for any reason he is just too worn down from being awake. Of course hes not happy about the loss...but he is fine and not freaking in the least. And no, in some circumstances others know you better than yourself, espeically when you are not in a sharp mind set. On top of that, there are always people who you show or tell your true emotions to, so dont assume so little about him and the situation. Im 100% sure he isnt "hiding" how he feels right now from me (not to sound high and mighty, but as a friend - cause I am sure people are going to talk crap)

[/ QUOTE ]

the hiding isn't on purpose, peachy. i never said it was definite that he was either. just that i would be (not purposefully) and in (i should have said MOST) instances like these i do think only you truly know how you feel.

i purposely didn't comment on your relationship with him or whatever. i do think it is naive that you say you know 100% though.

Barron
Old 05-31-2007, 04:39 AM

what was the final results?

Also curious roughly how many hands they played.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

the hiding isn't on purpose, peachy. i never said it was definite that he was either. just that i would be (not purposefully) and in (i should have said MOST) instances like these i do think only you truly know how you feel.

i purposely didn't comment on your relationship with him or whatever. i do think it is naive that you say you know 100% though.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Barron...i thought ud understand me better than most (u know im easy to talk to, understanding, compassionate, etc.), but obviously i was wrong. So much here is so wrong I dont even know where to start - you telling me how "people" function??? If you think it is naive to assume u know a friend who u have seen in multiple situations and who has confided in you as a person, then its safe to assume uve never had any good friends or anyone u trust...

I thought more of you....guess u have changed

but whatever...im not gonna argue minor details...bottom line he sounds fine for what he just dealt with and just needs some rest now...
Old 05-31-2007, 04:43 AM

peachy v barron HUHU???!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

I'll block off the next 36 hours in my calendar!!!!!
Old 05-31-2007, 04:49 AM

Default Re: Newhizzle v. Joe Cassidy 500/1k HU match *DELETED*

Post deleted by Dids
Old 05-31-2007, 04:51 AM

Default Re: Newhizzle v. Joe Cassidy 500/1k HU match *DELETED*

Post deleted by Dids
Old 05-31-2007, 04:55 AM

does she look good?
Old 05-31-2007, 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Barron...i thought ud understand me better than most (u know im easy to talk to, understanding, compassionate, etc.), but obviously i was wrong. So much here is so wrong I dont even know where to start - you telling me how "people" function??? If you think it is naive to assume u know a friend who u have seen in multiple situations and who has confided in you as a person, then its safe to assume uve never had any good friends or anyone u trust...

I thought more of you....guess u have changed

but whatever...im not gonna argue minor details...bottom line he sounds fine for what he just dealt with and just needs some rest now...

[/ QUOTE ]

zeebo: final results mark down 60k i think.

peachy: i'm just giving my opinion here. the only experience i have is my own. i obv know you are easy to talk to, and you should know more than most b/c you were there during some of my big sessions. further, i think we spoke on the phone after one of my big losses when i wasn't on AIM and the session didn't come up for a long while (i.e. you didn't know i lost for a while until poker came up in the convo)

thus i thought it was a bit naive to know 100% that mark was composed (or rather that you knew 100% he was not hiding his lack of composure).

here is the case in point: (THIS IS NITTY but still to the point)

my former CIO worth many billion dollars came into a client meeting discussing the product. client kept asking probative questions about probabilities fo a big loss as he was very concerned with it. the fund has never had anything anywhere near the order of magnitude the guy was concerned about. the fund was set up to NOT have those losses but the guy wanted the CIO to say "hey, you will never have this loss." instead, he said "look. there is some probability i'm not even sitting in front of you right now." aka: we live in a probabilistic world.

that was my point, you can't know another person 100%. sh*t peachy, i don't even know MYSELF 100%!!

<3 & huggles!!!
B

EDIT: here is another example. imagine you have a friend that you trust and have known since birth. you trust each other implicitly and tell each other EVERYTHING. you would bet your life on his character. then, one day, you learn that he killed your sister. that one event changes everything (a black swan to take the concept from Taleb). thus, past experience isn't necessarily enough to have that level (100%) of confidence.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
peachy v barron HUHU???!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

I'll block off the next 36 hours in my calendar!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

she would beat me in significantly fewer hours!! she beat schneids. i want none of it!

Barron