Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2006, 06:10 PM

Default Re: HSNL [censored] thread. JULY.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, damn klonplucko.

And I'm glad July is here cuz June could not get any worse, but I will be refocusing the game at NL 400 and NL 600 FOR THE WHOLE MONTH. If I can't stick at limits I'm good at for 1 goddamn month there could be some trouble down the road.

SHARKK ATTACKK

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like to point out that shark has been playing 5k. Way to go you addicted gambler you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, the 25/50 game was just too good on the first 2 nights to pass up on, especially with guys like raider spd, jackandmike, and some other guys that really sucked. Anyway I made my decent score, cashed out, and am back to 400nl and 600nl. But now I'm about to go Windsor and play some sweet 10/20 NL uncapped with a bunch of fishies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look for 2 guys named CD and Sleepy Mike and ask about a kid named empireMaker.....I played CD heads up with CD 25-50 and took a good amount off him......Then got back in the 10-20 game and made like a 8k bluff that went wrong.

LOL I almost got kicked out of the card room like 4 times

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you introduce yourself IRL as empiremaker?

[/ QUOTE ]

No but several people asked my online name at the table......Because Im that sweet

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm a little dissapointed.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:19 PM

Is it just me or did party lower the rake at 5/10 to 2$ and then .5 for monster?
Old 07-26-2006, 03:25 PM

I was just browsing through the book section here a 2+2.
I didnt realise that Flynn and Coltrane were the mian writers for the new nl 2+2 book coming out! Thats awesome! Should be a great read. Only problem is its aimed at ssnl. Did you guys write anything that will be usefull for high stakes or is it stuff that we should all already have in our games by the time we can beat 1k +?

Im buying it anyways, but I was just wondering. Also, you guys mentioned you will be asking some other top notch hsnl players to proof it. wanna drop their names?
Old 07-26-2006, 03:45 PM

Location: coaching poker and writing \"Professional No-Limit Hold\'em\" for Two Plus Two Publishing with Matt Flynn and Ed Miller

[ QUOTE ]
I was just browsing through the book section here a 2+2.
I didnt realise that Flynn and Coltrane were the mian writers for the new nl 2+2 book coming out! Thats awesome! Should be a great read. Only problem is its aimed at ssnl. Did you guys write anything that will be usefull for high stakes or is it stuff that we should all already have in our games by the time we can beat 1k +?

Im buying it anyways, but I was just wondering. Also, you guys mentioned you will be asking some other top notch hsnl players to proof it. wanna drop their names?

[/ QUOTE ]

hey, thanks for the interest....to echo what I said in a thread in the Books forum, the material will be applicable at any level.....even though we will definitely cover the game from fundamentals on up, the concepts are universal and we'll explain how to apply them to any game specifics....

Vol.1 will set the tone and Vol.2 will get into some more nitty gritty on different game conditions.....there are some excellent excellent poker players and thinkers on this forum, but I am confident we will be writing about things in the book that have never been said in print, and honestly some things that aren't discussed much on 2+2 - even in the HSNL forum.....

as for name dropping, it's impossible at this point because nobody outside the three of us has really read anything yet!.....
Old 07-26-2006, 05:57 PM

How can you write a book? YOU ONLY 770 POSTS !!!
Old 07-26-2006, 05:59 PM

I just checked, and I'm down $30k since the beginning of May on Party. Clearly Party is rigged, right?
Old 07-26-2006, 06:01 PM

EM2 is on a week long party losing streak so it clearly is.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:50 PM

any clue at all when it's coming out?

can i read the manuscript???????? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2006, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, damn klonplucko.

And I'm glad July is here cuz June could not get any worse, but I will be refocusing the game at NL 400 and NL 600 FOR THE WHOLE MONTH. If I can't stick at limits I'm good at for 1 goddamn month there could be some trouble down the road.

SHARKK ATTACKK

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like to point out that shark has been playing 5k. Way to go you addicted gambler you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, the 25/50 game was just too good on the first 2 nights to pass up on, especially with guys like raider spd, jackandmike, and some other guys that really sucked. Anyway I made my decent score, cashed out, and am back to 400nl and 600nl. But now I'm about to go Windsor and play some sweet 10/20 NL uncapped with a bunch of fishies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look for 2 guys named CD and Sleepy Mike and ask about a kid named empireMaker.....I played CD heads up with CD 25-50 and took a good amount off him......Then got back in the 10-20 game and made like a 8k bluff that went wrong.

LOL I almost got kicked out of the card room like 4 times

[/ QUOTE ]

Fck, they had 25/50? I didn't end up going cuz my ride cancelled the night before. Last time I was there the 10/20 was easy as hell. And that guy named CD sucks hard.....just don't bluff him.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:13 PM

Location: coaching poker and writing \"Professional No-Limit Hold\'em\" for Two Plus Two Publishing with Matt Flynn and Ed Miller

[ QUOTE ]
How can you write a book? YOU ONLY 770 POSTS !!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you're right, I don't spend nearly enough time in the "Vote which midget is hotter!!!!" OOT threads, or the "Captain Dong and Dr. Wong playing HU $1M/$2M!!!!!" NVG threads.....

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]