Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2006, 06:08 AM

Default Re: Hey Lee!!! Help us Party switchers out, Please!

Lee, you should increase the amount of $ credited to the player's account when they win a package to a big tourney, WSOP, PCA, etc...
$1000 is not enough for 2 people to travel to the Bahamas when you live in Europe or many other places not just around the corner.

Non-US players are often disadvantaged in these promotions.

TY
Old 10-25-2006, 06:50 AM

Default Re: *Official* Suggestions for Stars Thread

Small request: 8/16 limit tables please. One reason I mostly play on FT is because they offer this limit.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:36 PM

It's been said multiple times, but heads up limit and no limit/pot limit cash tables please.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:11 PM

What I hate about the big Sunday multi payout is that it's so god damned flat in the money until you reach the FT. It feels like getting 350th and 50th pays about the same. Take some from the FT and make going deep worth more. 15% or 10% payout, I don't really care that much.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Small request: 8/16 limit tables please. One reason I mostly play on FT is because they offer this limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember when I was trying to move from 5/10 to 10/20 - I woudl have loved the option of 8/16, or 7/15 tables. Jumping from level x to level 2x is pretty daunting, and I dont see why level 1.5x cant be available. In a similar vein I would like to see 75/150 or 80/160 tables and I'm sure 15/30 and 20/40 NL would also get good business.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:02 AM

Can we get a replacement for the Amazon.com gift certificates in the US? There has to be a competitor that would like tens of thousands of dollars in gift card business (if not hundreds). Buy.com or Overstock.com. Something.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:30 AM

I know this is low on the post list here, but I'd love to see something per raked hand (say 1 cent) go to a land-based tournament that everybody is invited to.

This would be a great "spouse pleaser" that could be a vacation for many people and the tournament doesn't even need to be for big money. The buy-in could be $1,000 for all I care, but "earning/winning" this trip to someplace nice would be great.

Make the minimum number of raked hands during the year pay for the buy-in (say 100,000) and then let us "pay" for travel, room and food with any additional points from raked hands.

For instance:

100,000 hands and you are invited to the tournament
100,000 hands get you a $1,000 travel card
15,000 hands pay for each night in a nice hotel (100,000 for the week)
10,000 hands pay for a $100 restaurant credit

For 350,000 raked hands you could have a nice vacation - and if you only have part of that, you can still go and enjoy the tournament - and pay PART of the expense yourself.

Make the points good only for the next upcoming tournament, and have them expire if not used. Most players will not use them, and the overall cost will be just a fraction of the points offered - this makes for a small expense to Stars, makes some hotel in the Carribean full for a week, and gives everybody a shot at a nice vacation.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2006, 10:04 AM

Dogmeat, i know this isnt what you were describing but just an fyi. i think the same way you do-ie i like to do stuff with the wife with some of my winnings and the fpps. if youll notice under "other" in the stars catalog for 115k fpps you can get the conscierge service thingy and have a 3k vacation. just in case you missed it. so even part timers like myself with jobs should be able to get a free vacation with the wife every year with our points.

you prob already know this so this is for the other new pokerstars peeps like myself. for 115k points you can basically have anything worth 3k thats legal gotten for you. if im reading it correctly which should cover anything anyone wants to do with their points within reason. if you have more points the value obviously goes higher.

am i understanding the conscierge thing correctly?
Old 10-26-2006, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember when I was trying to move from 5/10 to 10/20 - I woudl have loved the option of 8/16, or 7/15 tables. Jumping from level x to level 2x is pretty daunting, and I dont see why level 1.5x cant be available. In a similar vein I would like to see 75/150 or 80/160 tables and I'm sure 15/30 and 20/40 NL would also get good business.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree; Prima has way too many separate NL limits (10/20 15/30 20/40 25/50 et al) and the screwball ones (15/30 for example) never run at all.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dogmeat, i know this isnt what you were describing but just an fyi. i think the same way you do-ie i like to do stuff with the wife with some of my winnings and the fpps. if youll notice under "other" in the stars catalog for 115k fpps you can get the conscierge service thingy and have a 3k vacation. just in case you missed it. so even part timers like myself with jobs should be able to get a free vacation with the wife every year with our points.

you prob already know this so this is for the other new pokerstars peeps like myself. for 115k points you can basically have anything worth 3k thats legal gotten for you. if im reading it correctly which should cover anything anyone wants to do with their points within reason. if you have more points the value obviously goes higher.

am i understanding the conscierge thing correctly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, except its 180,000 for the $3000 consierge service. Don't forget you need to hit super nova status before you can use the service. Not that that should be a problem for anyone that can earn 180K points in the first place.