Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Mr. Gatorade’s Lies cost me over 70k at Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
Agree completely...that's what I've been saying from the beginning. On one hand, it is hard to believe that they haven't done so, but on the other, unfortunately it isn't. It seems that most poker sites' security measures/account locking is shrouded in secrecy, to the point of being ludicrous. I understand they can't be divulging information that would enable others to defraud them, but there has to be something they can share.

[/ QUOTE ]

They could say what they found without giving away how they found it. But then again they do not have to say anything more because in their minds they are sure. Besides in a few days there will be another FT thread about bots, account hacked, ft screwed me this way or that way, and this will all go by the wayside just like the last bot thread. We cannot say she did or did not use a bot but I do not think FT took 70k because of the ramblings of Crazy Mike. There has to be a LOT more to this story than OP is sharing and until she shows every correspondence between herself and FT dealing with this matter I have to believe FT probably did the right thing. But hey what do I know? Sure arent many posters coming to vouch for her not being a bot.

Dont you think maybe someone who has amassed that kind of roll on FT would have other people she played with chiming in saying, "Hey there is no way, I play with her and she is an awesome player and no way she used a bot." I have not seen that from this thread. The closest anyone has come to her defense is to express their dissatisfaction in FT divulging their evidence and solid proof. We are just not going to get that from FT.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:15 PM

I'm beyond caring whether she really is a bot ot not, because of course we'll never know for certain. It's the process that troubles me.

As to people sticking up for her, I think there were a couple, but what's the point? About all they can say is that she chatted with them, in which case others will argue she is in control sometimes. About the only way anyone could help out would be if they knew her IRL, and Nation proved even that is fraught with peril.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:42 PM

Get a [censored] lawyer for christs sake

Mr Hatorade,

Stop saying "100% sure" when any person who knows anything about anything can see there is no way you can be 100% positive she is a bot.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:45 PM

The biggest threat of bots to online poker is the ability of the programmer to clone the play. A person using a bot that plays similar to his own style of play does not pose a major threat. Yes, it is a problem, but until the ability to create such a program becomes trivial, it is not a major problem.

There is value in having Lisa show an ability to play live in a similar manner to her online play. Sure, it might mean she still uses a bot, but if the same criteria is applied to all of the detected nicks, then it means she cannot use that program to create multiple copies of herself.

Seizing funds should not be taken lightly. How can FT be absolutely certain a bot was used if Lisa is able to demonstrate high level of play live? Even if they are virtually certain, then closing the account and cashing her out is the better choice.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Seizing funds should not be taken lightly. How can FT be absolutely certain a bot was used if Lisa is able to demonstrate high level of play live? Even if they are virtually certain, then closing the account and cashing her out is the better choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what FTP does when they are virtually certain, but not 100%.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:22 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1

bot doubters discuss pls.

Quote:
Also, it looks like mcnair is gone for good after being exposed for using a bot.

can u elaborate?

A month or so ago another 2+2er was playing mcnair and suspected him of being a bot. The 2+2er started sitting out for a second or two every hand before mcnair's button b/c mcnair limpraised every time in that situation. Another 2+2er sat down afterward and did the same thing...same result. This went on for over an hour. Next day said 2+2er sits with mcnair again, mcnair leaves and hasn't been back since.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How is this dumb? A bot presupposes there's a computer not only making decisions but executing them, If she's a bot, she can't play without her computer. If she's playing the same game on FTP's computer, while they watch, then she's not a bot. Case closed.

What's dumb is FTP claiming they're 100% certain she's a bot, stealing her money, then refusing to show even a shred of evidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

If she programmed the bot she would be intimately knowledgeable of the bot's tendencies and playstyle.

For example, I wrote a compiler in college. It's generally a large, complex piece of software. I could emulate it by hand by the time I was done with that beast (had to do it to debug).

I have no doubt she could reproduce the same play live as online, but it would still leave questions about her using an automated program at home.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I accuse you of using a compiler, you agree to let me watch you attempt to compile programs manually, and you fail miserably to do so, then my accusation is almost certainly correct.

If you show up, correctly compile the programs manually, in real time, then my accusation is far less than 100% correct. I am now forced to prove that you were using a compiler rather than doing it yourself.

I cannot prove that, so I just refuse to offer any evidence whatsoever, but steal your money anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are absolutely correct. If I fail, it's a guarantee that I was lying. If I pass, it doesn't prove a damn thing.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also if you are truely innocent you should get Mr. Gatorade's personal information since I believe you are both U.S. citizens and look into a civil case against him. Talk to a lawyer and make life hell for Mr. Gatorade. If I was innocent and he cost me 70Gs he would be paying in one way or another.

-Brendan

[/ QUOTE ]

This is retarted. You can't sue Crazy Mike for an action taken by FTP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually you can.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't maintain a 70k FT account, nor do I play at the limits where bots are an issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are implying that you play lower you are incorrect. The bots are at your tables to, where the competition is even less likely to pick up on their tendencies.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also if you are truely innocent you should get Mr. Gatorade's personal information since I believe you are both U.S. citizens and look into a civil case against him. Talk to a lawyer and make life hell for Mr. Gatorade. If I was innocent and he cost me 70Gs he would be paying in one way or another.

-Brendan

[/ QUOTE ]

This is retarted. You can't sue Crazy Mike for an action taken by FTP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually you can.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this was discussed upthread, but yeah, there are several possible causes of action (note: not saying that any of them are winners, but there are several claims that at least pass the basic sniff-test that is Rule 11 compliance.)