Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 07:17 PM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

[ QUOTE ]
Ok so now we have to decide what is better.

A safe site full of 2+2ers
Or a possibly cheating site full of fish???

[/ QUOTE ]this is the cold hard depressing truth, this is what AP knows and is banking on.GREED! thats why we all play poker isnt it?? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2007, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems to me like the problem would come down to rules of evidence.

Would the computer log hold up in court in whatever country prosecuted? Would the observer being at the table the whole time be considered circumstantial?

[/ QUOTE ]

i have no idea how technical forensics can get with the computer stuff, but im sure more than we can.

if not I would still think there is enough circumstantial evidence to warrant a conviction, not to mention they would be questioning AP directly and the truth would likely come out
Old 10-21-2007, 07:22 PM

Has anyone written Barney Frank or any of our other allies in Congress about this mess yet?

It just screams out as another example of why this industry needs to be legalized and regulated.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:24 PM

In the end, I think AP is betting that being honest and forthright and open is -EV. The truth is that the number of people in 2+2 that have followed this closely enough to understand the situation is a minority compared to the people that will read mainstream reports, and depending on the spin, the vast majority will decide that either 1) all online poker is probably rigged or 2) that AP found a bad apple fired him, and took care of the problem. Neither is the truth, which is much more complicated, not entirely known, and won't fit into a soundbite.

And as far as the alleged "Gaming Commission," it was created by the supposed "owner" of Absolute, the former chief of the very tribe whose authority AP and the commission derive its alleged authority from. I for one am not holding my breath. Together with the WCOOP issues, as well as the fulltilt recent bot problems, a "wild west" attitude from some operators, sham or non-existent regulation......this may not have a happy ending.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What a load of BS statement. Keep up the pressure guys.

THE PLAYERS
--------------------------

FRED ROMAN Affiliate Relations Manager for Absolute Poker

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll say this again - Fred is a good friend of mine and no longer works for Absolute Poker, and hasn't done since last year. He has nothing to do with this, so please stop posting photos of him and mentioning his name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps you can get Fred to come on here, clear his name, and let us know a little bit about his past relationship with Absolute and fill us in on how their corporate operations are run. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

he doesn't have to clear his name, ffs. lay off.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All,

Are there links anywhere to all the different versions of the story from the Absolute statements?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, currently there is no central location for all of this information. If I can find the time I will do this over the next week. I'll post when I have all the contradictory AP statements in one place.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be happy to set up a wiki site for this purpose. I've done wikis before and it's not too hard. You can even arrange for some users to have admin/mod privileges, set up private areas, etc.

If this is already in the works, great, just wanted to volunteer in case it would help.

-pyg
Old 10-21-2007, 07:27 PM

seriously, the *affiliate manager*? that straw's a li'l thin.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ikestoys i`m just curious, if you were in aj greens seat at absolute would you use the superuser acct? just asking because i`m sure if you were a bit smater than he was (which i`m sure you would claim to be) i`m sure that it would be a simple ev equation, which is all that really matters to you eh.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sir are a piece of [censored] for even suggesting this. Some people's word means more to them than a $.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:29 PM

Its true tho really.

The common fish will not hear about this, and continue playing.

Not saying everyone at 2+2 is good, but in general, if you are a winning player, you will hear about this. Also, you will probably leave.

Now with many of the good players leaving, the site will get alot softer.

Do you go back and play now?
Old 10-21-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ikestoys i`m just curious, if you were in aj greens seat at absolute would you use the superuser acct? just asking because i`m sure if you were a bit smater than he was (which i`m sure you would claim to be) i`m sure that it would be a simple ev equation, which is all that really matters to you eh.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF is wrong with you? Ikes is the victim here. He has been merely pointing out that if the whales continue to play at AP, the sharks will follow. His observation is correct.

I really don't see how he became the bad guy here for merely stating the obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]
1.)i`m obv not saying that ikes is the bad guy just pointing out that not everything that is financialy +ev is ethical.
2.)if people choose to play at ap after everthing that has happened i dont think we will still be able to call them victims.
3.)i hope that ikes get`s a fair payout from ap along with everyone else affected.
4.)i`m sorry if you think that i`m trying to make ikes out to be the bad guy i am just trying to make it clear that i (and plenty of others) dont think we should be letting ap think that they can get away with this and we`ll still play there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Closed Thread