Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 02:02 AM

Default Re: Person to person transfers

[ QUOTE ]

He has consistantly refused to supply any significant verifiable information.

[/ QUOTE ]

What would you like a dna sample?
Old 06-12-2007, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oliver,

Thanks for your concern, I'll follow up with any problems I experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maulik, I recommend extreme caution with pkrblog.

You mentioned that you did not research him here before trading.

Others have, here is a quick summary.

He lied in an early post, claiming to be a victim in a trade, that he later admitted never occured.

He now claims successful transactions (plural). The only trade that I'm able to locate is the one with you.

He dealt in bad faith with another member regarding a UB trade.

He has consistantly refused to supply any significant verifiable information.

There are plenty of post and examples to choose from. If you don't care to read them all yourself, I don't blame you.

But please recognize that the warning signs are plentiful and obvious, and use extreme caution.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's go over a few FACTS.

1. I have never scammed anyone

2. I have a successful transaction with a longtime poster

3. I continue to post here defending myself which proves I value my repuation

4. You are a lunatic
Old 06-12-2007, 02:09 AM

This thread turned into IDIOT galore.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:06 AM

You, sir, if anything, are persistent. I laud you in your efforts to prop yourself up at the expense of other people.

Imagine what good would become if you harness all that energy towards good words and better deeds.

[ QUOTE ]

You were almost screwed over to the tune of $80.00 on fulltilt.

[/ QUOTE ]
Almost, as you say, but eventually I got paid. It shows what can happen through community action, communication, and cooperation.

It also show what pitfalls there are in trading with a stranger that you have not duly investigated and diligently verified.

[ QUOTE ]
You cannot look at everyone with such scrutiny.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes I can. I must. We all must. There are a host of dishonest people who's sole intent is to get us to part with our money.

Try this. Clear you mind for a moment. Forget any of this ever happened.

Now think about transfering $75.00 to the very next person in this thread who asks for it. Don't research, don't ask any questions, just do it, and trust that he'll promptly pay you back.

Now, doesn't that make you feel all warm and fuzzy.

No? Okay then, ask him a question. Something simple, such as, "Can you show me that you have the money with which to pay me back?'

He replies, "Go away you you untrustworthy idiot. I can't be bothered with bottom-dwellers like you!"

So what are you going to do here.

Transfer anyway?

Of course not. But that's what you are asking us to do.

Either you can't get that basic thought through your head, or you refuse to admit that it look too bad to be true.

[ QUOTE ]

The biggest issue I have with you and others is your desire to go public with private messages.

[/ QUOTE ]
So I guess my attempt at getting you to calm down, be civil, and help us esablish a common ground on which we can build a modicum of trust are still on the back burner.

[ QUOTE ]

I think that alone shows a gross disregard for privacy.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are referring to this post:
http://pokerforums.fulltiltpoker.com...amp;highlight=

It was not my proudest moment. You'll see there that I desired the matter to remain private.

You'll see there that I can go to great lengths to try and accomodate someone who I feel is dealing straight to me, but that I have no compunction exposing fraud where it might not otherwise be obvious.

You'll see that the only replies there that were unsympathetic to me were from people who pointed out that I should have not transfered first to a person was not properly checked out.

You'll see there that nearly every post there comes to my aid, and voices disapproval of the actions of the other person.

You'll see there that facts I presented snugly sealed the holes in his defence.

You'll see there that I declined his offer for payment via chip dumping.

Here are a couple of excerpts that might have passed your notice:

[ QUOTE ]
As an aside: it's amazingly dumb to be anything but straight up with Clamper. If you're going to ask him for help, you are absolutely retarded if you screw around with him. The guy is way too good at thorough investigation and coherent reporting.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
There are a few that will go out of their way to help one with a transfer from site to site, the 2 that jump to mind are clamper13 and BOYNAMEDSUE. Their reputations are impeccable. Feel free to send a PM to a couple forumers who's opinions you feel that you trust, and ask for their opinions on the one who you may trade with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I really need to go on? Do you?

Let's role-play again. C'mon, last time it was fun, right?

You and me are playing heads-up, No limit hold-em. The river card has been dealt. You bet, I re-raise all-in.

I and show you my cards. I hold the nuts. I know it, you know it.

Your move.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:40 AM

NH sir.

This sounds like an EXCELLENT note to end the pkrblog saga on. Anyone reading this thread before making a transfer should have an EXTREMELY clear idea of how everyone involved in this sordid tale feels about one another. Any chance everyone can move on from here and leave this alone unless something NEW develops?
Old 06-12-2007, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would strongly suggest you back off. Defaming someone without evidence is called libel.

[/ QUOTE ]
See you in court.

[ QUOTE ]
1. I have never scammed anyone

[/ QUOTE ]
You got sidetracked. We'll have to wait to see if your Paypal transfer stays true.

[ QUOTE ]
2. I have a successful transaction with a longtime poster

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have conducted business with no problems with legit longtime posters.

[/ QUOTE ]
From page 364.

[ QUOTE ]
I have had successful transactions as listed here in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
From Page 365.

Care to clear up yet another discrepancy? You twice used the plural to describe your trading history, implying multiple successful trades. I pointed that out to Maulik, then you change your story.

[ QUOTE ]
3. I continue to post here defending myself which proves I value my repuation

[/ QUOTE ]

And I continue to offer ways for you to improve your reputation, but you resist each and every step.

[ QUOTE ]
4. You are a lunatic

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll stipulate to that.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:57 AM

Sigh.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
NH sir.

This sounds like an EXCELLENT note to end the pkrblog saga on. Anyone reading this thread before making a transfer should have an EXTREMELY clear idea of how everyone involved in this sordid tale feels about one another. Any chance everyone can move on from here and leave this alone unless something NEW develops?

[/ QUOTE ]

I second the motion.

I twice broke a vow to myself that I would let this matter settle on it's own accord. It's an ugly mess that clutters up a worthwhile thread.

But I keep calling myself back in the hopes that he will cease his barrage, and to do all I can to prevent anyone falling prey to his schemes.

As long as he, and those of his ilk continue to prowl here in search of an easy mark, I feel compelled to act in the best interest of the other users.

This will be my last post regarding pkrblog. He does not or will not see things the way I do. It's time for us all to move on to more productive ventures.

We are all adults, capapable of making adult decisions based on our own best interests.

I'll ask that you all read the entirety of our exchange, and take whatever action you deem appropriate based on what you see.

If anyone has continued interest in the matter, PM's are welcome.

Caveat emptor.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:53 AM

Why all these guys in crook list are not PERMA-BANNED forever?
Old 06-12-2007, 05:27 AM

Basically, the reason is that most of the alleged scams take place off Twoplustwo, and Twoplustwo cannot be and does not want to be judge and jury as to who is telling the truth and who is not on an anonymous internet forum. (If someone is being disruptive, abusive, revealing others' personal information, etc, etc, in the forum, that is a different matter.)

If you read back through this thread, it has been stated many times that although Twoplustwo doesn't even want these transfers arranged, it is unrealistic to believe they won't be arranged "underground" when there are so many people with the same interest gathered in one place, so to speak.

Therefore, to date, I have managed to persuade Mat to allow me to run this one thread, which includes many warnings that if any transfers are arranged you are on your own, and that it is up to you to ensure you take every precaution possible that you can think of to try to avoid being scammed. (Unfortunately, with all the squabbling and hassle going on in the thread lately, I would not be at all surprised if Mat one day decides enough is enough, and that all and any mention of transfers in the open forum is forbidden and to be deleted on sight.)
Closed Thread