Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 06:57 PM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ikestoys i`m just curious, if you were in aj greens seat at absolute would you use the superuser acct? just asking because i`m sure if you were a bit smater than he was (which i`m sure you would claim to be) i`m sure that it would be a simple ev equation, which is all that really matters to you eh.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF is wrong with you? Ikes is the victim here. He has been merely pointing out that if the whales continue to play at AP, the sharks will follow. His observation is correct.

I really don't see how he became the bad guy here for merely stating the obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]
1.)i`m obv not saying that ikes is the bad guy just pointing out that not everything that is financialy +ev is ethical.
2.)if people choose to play at ap after everthing that has happened i dont think we will still be able to call them victims.
3.)i hope that ikes get`s a fair payout from ap along with everyone else affected.
4.)i`m sorry if you think that i`m trying to make ikes out to be the bad guy i am just trying to make it clear that i (and plenty of others) dont think we should be letting ap think that they can get away with this and we`ll still play there.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
ok i lied. guys, if this has already been addessed please just link me or something, but am i missing something obvious here? canadian legal system. costa rican legal system. INTERPOL. not one of these are viable options? adanthar you're a lawyer- could you let me know about this? sorry if i'm cluttering, but at least it's not ike and someone having the same argument 50 million times over.

I think this has already been said 16 times or so, but again, Nat and I do not have a monopoly on the AP story and know as much about the Costa Rican police as you do. So, if you feel that way, why don't you go ahead and do it yourself?

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like thousands of players were cheated from many different countries. Could any of those countries prosecute these guys? Could they get their hands on enough evidence to prosecute them? Are the others associated with the cover-up also in danger of prosecution? They could get off an airplane years from now in another country and face prosecution? Anyone know enough about international law to answer any of these questions?

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ikestoys i`m just curious, if you were in aj greens seat at absolute would you use the superuser acct? just asking because i`m sure if you were a bit smater than he was (which i`m sure you would claim to be) i`m sure that it would be a simple ev equation, which is all that really matters to you eh.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't, but a huge number of puritans here would. The comparison of the two is completely ludicrous for obvious reasons
Old 10-21-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For others (like me) is bye-bye online poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Peace!

[/ QUOTE ]unless people are gonna cheat under 5/10 nlhe i hope to be off the radar of any possible future cheating. i dont need to play any higher,i play for freedom not for glory, having a ferrari and being a "balla" doesnt interest me. neither does working a [censored] regular job. i hope the eventual outcome is a good one [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What a load of BS statement. Keep up the pressure guys.

THE PLAYERS
--------------------------

FRED ROMAN Affiliate Relations Manager for Absolute Poker

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll say this again - Fred is a good friend of mine and no longer works for Absolute Poker, and hasn't done since last year. He has nothing to do with this, so please stop posting photos of him and mentioning his name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps you can get Fred to come on here, clear his name, and let us know a little bit about his past relationship with Absolute and fill us in on how their corporate operations are run. Thanks.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What a load of BS statement. Keep up the pressure guys.

THE PLAYERS
--------------------------

FRED ROMAN Affiliate Relations Manager for Absolute Poker

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll say this again - Fred is a good friend of mine and no longer works for Absolute Poker, and hasn't done since last year. He has nothing to do with this, so please stop posting photos of him and mentioning his name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps you can get Fred to come on here, clear his name, and let us know a little bit about his past relationship with Absolute and fill us in on how their corporate operations are run. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can we chill with the online McCarthyism? Jeez.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:11 PM

Ok so now we have to decide what is better.

A safe site full of 2+2ers
Or a possibly cheating site full of fish???
Old 10-21-2007, 07:12 PM

So, Absolute is going to pay back losses plus 10% annual interest? That is less than 1% per month. Considering they make 8-10% of the buy-in as entry fee they are still making money after paying back the cheaters. That is if they are able to pinpoint all of the cheating accounts. So not only is the cheating a freeroll but they make money off of regardless. Thousands if they get caught but millions if they don't.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok so now we have to decide what is better.

A safe site full of 2+2ers
Or a possibly cheating site full of fish???

[/ QUOTE ]

/ end thread.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:16 PM

Seems to me like the problem would come down to rules of evidence.

Would the computer log hold up in court in whatever country prosecuted? Would the observer being at the table the whole time be considered circumstantial?
Closed Thread