Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 05:17 PM

Default Re: FGators: The Final Chapter [1.4m hands EV graph]

oic
Old 10-15-2007, 05:18 PM

Okay, the reasons why I don't get coaching

A) I think its really creepy/homosexual (not that there is anything wrong with that) to do over this Skype thing. The day I start talking to strangers over the internet is the day I start saying I'm mentally messed up.

B) the pricing is ridiculous. I'm supposed to be paying $200+ an hour to play $1/2 NL. something doesn't add up. I have been an avid tennis player and I used to pay $40 an hour from a coach that was one of the top ranked players in NJ and knew tennis inside and out. $200 from some Ivy league kid who I may or may not have done better on the SATs is a little too much for him. I also am 22 and not too crazy about being told what to do from a 20 year old.

C) I have access to thousands upon thousands of strategy posts/situations/theory discussions from a compilation of these coaches..I have the time, why not read?
Old 10-15-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why is that hand bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Its not. People thought FGators checked down trip 6's, but they misread the HH.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, technically. Before his edit it did say fgators had 36o.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

A) I think its really creepy/homosexual (not that there is anything wrong with that) to do over this Skype thing. The day I start talking to strangers over the internet is the day I start saying I'm mentally messed up.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not at all mentally messed up to play 1.4 million hands of poker without winning any $ in order to pay for a Porsche. And yes, the #1 way for gay men to pick up other gay men is over Skype or Ventrilo - true story.

[ QUOTE ]
B) the pricing is ridiculous. I'm supposed to be paying $200+ an hour to play $1/2 NL. something doesn't add up. I have been an avid tennis player and I used to pay $40 an hour from a coach that was one of the top ranked players in NJ and knew tennis inside and out. $200 from some Ivy league kid who I may or may not have done better on the SATs is a little too much for him. I also am 22 and not too crazy about being told what to do from a 20 year old.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd coach you for less, however you are demonstrating that you are a moron. A poker coach can win you money right away. A tennis coach isn't going to win you anything, who cares if he's a top player. When people who take up tennis and a year and a half later are making 6 figures a year, then maybe that coach will get paid better.

[ QUOTE ]
C) I have access to thousands upon thousands of strategy posts/situations/theory discussions from a compilation of these coaches..I have the time, why not read?

[/ QUOTE ]

people withhold all sorts of things from 2p2.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i remember reading somewhere where he wrote the pic is not him, but his cousin or something

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not my cousin its either me or its not.

[/ QUOTE ]
So, you don't know, either?
Old 10-15-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
One day, you guys will realize that this is the greatest thing that has ever been written
Old 10-15-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A) I think its really creepy/homosexual (not that there is anything wrong with that) to do over this Skype thing.

[/ QUOTE ]
a) LOL
b) There are alternatives. Many coach over AIM
c) "Mmmm, looks like you got JKo on table 2. I'm JKo right now."

EDIT: Just remembered my alphabet.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A) I think its really creepy/homosexual (not that there is anything wrong with that) to do over this Skype thing.

[/ QUOTE ]
a) LOL
b) There are alternatives. Many coach over AIM
b) "Mmmm, looks like you got JKo on table 2. I'm JKo right now."

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude, if the option is to be "creepy/homosexual" while getting coaching, or being secure in playing 1.4 million hands of breakeven poker, call me the money-winning fairy
Old 10-15-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Age should have nothing to do with it - im 23 and id happilly take advice from someone younger if they are actually better. Age /= skill. In fact i watched a couple Stinger vids today - he is 19 and at least 2 years more developed skill wise than me.

Also, you didnt respond the other day when this was asked - but are you a member of Cardrunners or a similar site? I suspect given you dont know how the poker vids work. Anyway, if not, then for the love of baby jesus change that. If so watch more vids.

Fwiw id recommend Cardrunners well before a coach - and there is no reason you need a coach as such. What you need is to accept you are losing and you need to change your game ground up.

In fact i suspect you wont be able to do this given how ingrained your bad play has become - if anything id recommend a new game entirely like SnGs, MTTs or HU Cash - or maybe go in the other direction like full ring and just work uber hard on your post flop.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
One day, you guys will realize that this is the greatest thing that has ever been written

[/ QUOTE ]