View Poll Results: Is the Image real photo? 13
Yes 2 16.67%
No 10 83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 01:56 PM

Default Re: 60k \"Staking\" dispute

jackal,

you are right. boosted doesnt owe him anything. however, it does seem to many of us that boosted mislead him and acted shady.

1. after they agree to the stake, Boosted does not mention how long it will last for. it isnt brought up. why not? BJ was playing 37/75 NL deep with a 60K bankroll. ((Huge advantage Boosted))

2. if this guy is his friend, and plays $5/10, what makes Boosted think that he has a big enough roll to continue staking Boosted in this game for a make up? (huge advantage BJ)
Old 05-20-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i wanted to withhold opinion initially as the timeline of the transfers was ill defined from the initial post, but from the aim convos above it seems pretty clear that the initial 30k loan was converted into stake money along with the additional 30 that was subsequently sent, and that if Boosted blew through all of that and OP wants his money back he needs to stake more until the aforementioned makeup is complete - ie. its 100% no lose assuming OP doesnt cut Boosted off and BJ provides an unlimited number of make up hands, in which case he eats the loss. Assuming the stakes played were agreed to and stuck to I really dont get what all the drama is about...

[/ QUOTE ]

yea but since OP was sending him money like postcards and letting him play 37.5/75 (as far as we know) you could probably assume it would be pretty easy to acheieve 60k makeup if necessary...
Old 05-20-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
pretty obv boosted is busto and scamming OP.

if he admits that he promised OP he'd be paid back in full (which he does) then there's no reason why he wouldn't simply agree to pay OP back in full once he has enough money to cover the 'stake/loan'. demanding that OP give him more money so that he can repay it through winnings earned within a 'stake extension' is laughable if he has enough money to cover the 'stake/loan' once he's repaid by those he's staked (which is exactly how he presented his situation to OP and to all of us in this thread).

[/ QUOTE ]

your reading comprehension sucks, miserably.

Anyways, I am now done with this thread unless someone has more questions. I've told my story over and over, and obviously people don't listen to my details. Ah well, the people who know me the best/most important people trust me and know how honorable I am. That's the most important thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha your scum

KYS
Old 05-20-2007, 02:04 PM

btw, i do feel that OP has no one to blame but himself. its not much different then someone who buys a camera and pays twice as much as he should. he entered the agreement on his own free will. i feel bad for him, but he can only blame himself.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yea but since OP was sending him money like postcards and letting him play 37.5/75 (as far as we know) you could probably assume it would be pretty easy to acheieve 60k makeup if necessary...

[/ QUOTE ]

elaborate plz

you implying boosted could get his martingale on?

also, does 'pretty easy' mean 100% successful?
Old 05-20-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Admo,

You got game.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah this and the Jman one are hilarious
Old 05-20-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jackal,

you are right. boosted doesnt owe him anything. however, it does seem to many of us that boosted mislead him and acted shady.

1. after they agree to the stake, Boosted does not mention how long it will last for. it isnt brought up. why not? BJ was playing 37/75 NL deep with a 60K bankroll. ((Huge advantage Boosted))

2. if this guy is his friend, and plays $5/10, what makes Boosted think that he has a big enough roll to continue staking Boosted in this game for a make up? (huge advantage BJ)

[/ QUOTE ]

1. you cant know this for sure without verbatim aim logs... besides the loan was set to last 'a few days up to a month' so that might reasonably extend to the staking as well, assuming he doesnt get in a hole. As i was trying to say above, if a guy sends you 60k like a postcard for stake and says go play 37/75 you might jsut assume that isnt the whole available 'bankroll', unless the staker is totally naive (which OP doesnt seem to be)

2. i dont know either individual and it seems pointless to speculate here but if you are a '5/10 grinder' staking someone 60k then you are probably staking them you whole poker bankroll (or a big chunk if you have very low risk tolerance/ability) and again must be totally crazy/naive. if you trust other people to babysit your own interests in the poker world you arent going to last very long...
Old 05-20-2007, 02:34 PM

ps. someone should page sheets to make a guest appearance in HSNL and give his professional opinion on the matter... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i wanted to withhold opinion initially as the timeline of the transfers was ill defined from the initial post, but from the aim convos above it seems pretty clear that the initial 30k loan was converted into stake money along with the additional 30 that was subsequently sent, and that if Boosted blew through all of that and OP wants his money back he needs to stake more until the aforementioned makeup is complete - ie. its 100% no lose assuming OP doesnt cut Boosted off and BJ provides an unlimited number of make up hands, in which case he eats the loss. Assuming the stakes played were agreed to and stuck to I really dont get what all the drama is about...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

didn't he at one point say that the amount he was transferring was pretty much all of the money he had at FT?
Old 05-20-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

elaborate plz

you implying boosted could get his martingale on?

also, does 'pretty easy' mean 100% successful?

[/ QUOTE ]

come on... its 100% risk free assuming Boosted acts in good faith (which he has indicated willingness to do even through all this) and OP can afford to continue bankrolling him, which is noone but OPs concern...
Closed Thread