raise 38 71.70%
fold 11 20.75%
call 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2007, 05:10 PM

Default Re: NL Bots on Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just recently I took a friend in to teach him how to play. This friend owed me $1800. He didn't have a job and couldn't pay me back. So I decided to try something with him. I asked him to come over to mt house 5 hours a day to play online poker on a computer beside me while i'm playing (to be continued)

[/ QUOTE ]
And thus the botting partnership began.

[/ QUOTE ]

doesn't have a job and have no $ then how can he play??? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not like he's committing a crime, people. Do you really need to post his personal information here??? That's out of line.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you serious? first of all, its only not a crime because these sites are not in the US. if they were in the US, this would be FRAUD. and he'd likely be fined and or jailed.

secondly, im all for putting his personal information up. shame the bastard publicly. he's pretty much stealing money, and lots of it, quite frankly id like to see an ol' fashion lynching.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Who do you guys think is doing the security analysis for Full Tilt though? Would those people even be experienced poker players who understand what the PT stats mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

Give them a little credit... they know exactly what's going on. The question is, why do they care?

Those bots make them more money every month than all of you 2+2 rocks combined.

They really don't care if you get upset, you're an insignificant part of the online poker market.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would safely promote the assumption that 2+2ers generate a significant amount of rake for FTP... definitely in much higher proportions than a ton of online communities (probably on par with p5's).

To alienate us, would not be good business.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Who do you guys think is doing the security analysis for Full Tilt though? Would those people even be experienced poker players who understand what the PT stats mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

Give them a little credit... they know exactly what's going on. The question is, why do they care?

Those bots make them more money every month than all of you 2+2 rocks combined.

They really don't care if you get upset, you're an insignificant part of the online poker market.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure 2+2ers aren't an insignificant part of the poker market. You're right that FTP doesn't care about my opinion because I've never played there, and I probably never will. But they definitely care about the opinion of all the 2+2ers who multitable there full time.

Also you sound like a moron calling the posters here rocks in the same sentence you refer to the bots. You realize that these bots have pretty much the rockiest stats possible for a winning player?
Old 05-09-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's not like he's committing a crime, people. Do you really need to post his personal information here??? That's out of line.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well to our 2+2 poker community, what he's doing is worse than most crimes. We wouldn't be vilifying him publicly for speeding, underage drinking, smoking weed or some other BS crime.

What he has done is cheating and he has robbed the poker community of money. Whether that's a crime according to the government is irrelevant. I think that he deserves to be exposed and if he receives some taunts and threats then so be it. Maybe this will make the next round of botters less likely to cheat if he serves as an example.

[/ QUOTE ]

And if this is not the guy? speculation for the moment.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:17 PM

To address why he'd be using multiple accounts and not just multi-tabling the heck out of one:

1. To make the same amount of RB from one account will require playing nearly 24/7.
2. Combine (1) with such large amount of RB generated by a 1/2 player, and that could raise eyebrows not only with FTP, but also with the guy who pays his rakeback.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, apparently FTP recently finished an investigation and didn't find anything so I'm not sure what they can do. Obviously this is bad press for them but unless someone here comes up with extra/new evidence, I highly doubt they'll be reopening the case. Either way, 100K hands of nearly identical stats over a large number of parameters is a bit much to be considered circumstantial.

[/ QUOTE ]

To us players it seems obvious that these identical stats can't be mere coincidence after 100K hands. But who knows what kind of conclusion someone who doesn't even play much poker would come to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, we should keep at it and make sure FTP is 100% aware of everything that we as poker players are seeing. I'm only saying that it may take more than a few emails to get them to reopen the case if they just spent over a month on it. Hopefully someone can find some damning evidence and bust them cold. I like our chances, this is only day one after all!
Old 05-09-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was one of my questions, as well.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:19 PM

We need to decide how we want to handle this as a poker community.

By "this" I am referring to FT's failure to take action.

We could inform the fish that there are bots there.

I would like to see what FT is going to do first, of course. But the fact that they didn't do anything the first time is still not sitting quite right with me.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well to our 2+2 poker community, what he's doing is worse than most crimes. We wouldn't be vilifying him publicly for speeding, underage drinking, smoking weed or some other BS crime.

What he has done is cheating and he has robbed the poker community of money. Whether that's a crime according to the government is irrelevant. I think that he deserves to be exposed and if he receives some taunts and threats then so be it. Maybe this will make the next round of botters less likely to cheat if he serves as an example.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He still put the info on a website - any one in the world with the internet can read this. Here is the link - http://www.pocketfives.com/C18A38DB-...3D40D4C9B.aspx