FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Where Would You Go?
Olive Garden 47 66.20%
Chipotle 24 33.80%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2007, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Dating: If you\'re short, you better make $$$$$$$

[ QUOTE ]
WRT to the money grubbing gold digging whatever women, I think you guys will find that the more successful a woman is in her professional life the less she cares about your financial position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interestingly enough, this supposedly isn't true. Women tend to marry above their social level even when quite wealthy.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fluff,

Negativity, suspicion and pessimism are the marks of adulthood.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on my own aging, an referencing myself relative to both you and kyle, I think that it's a mark of young adulthood (assuming that's what early-mid 20s counts as) and once you get a touch older, you honest do grow out of some of that stuff. In part because you just get lazy and hating people takes work if you're not totally simple.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WRT to the money grubbing gold digging whatever women, I think you guys will find that the more successful a woman is in her professional life the less she cares about your financial position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Women don't date down.

I've worked in corporate America for years and I've never meet a professional women that would consider a relationship with a man who was much down the success/money ladder from her.

Please tell us what planet you come from were successful women don't care if you are successful (Hint: Like confidence, success is a code word for money.).

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. Been in the corporate world for quite some time, and all the professional women married at least their economic bracket if not higher, often much higher. Oddly enough, even many in quite low brackets, and sometimes quite average looks, have given me the impression that they figure a guy with lots of money is the least they deserve. As to how they came by that idea, and why they feel they deserve anything in particular at all, I haven't a clue.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:24 PM

Dids,

It's not about hating people. It's about the realization that sorrow, and the things that cause / surround it, are the majority of what life is all about.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:25 PM

Cardo,

I'm saying that once you grow up, you'll stop believing lame emo crap like that.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
vehn,
you need a vacation. you seem like a terrible person.

all,
some people are just nicer then others. i like money. i have lots of money. i like presents. i like to get presents, and i like to give presents. i think everyone should get lots of presents all the time.

dids likes people. he has opportunities to be negative and suspicious and pessimistic, but he doesn't.

some women are going to spend all of their money to look good so they can find a man who wants a woman who does that, and then get married and spend all of his money to look good. some women will spend their time/energy providing for themselves in order to be self sufficient so they can find a man that fulfills something besides the financial security checkbox.

of course everyone wants to be rich, but it's a clear tradeoff and i don't think women are being dishonest by any means. i have my own money, and a very secure and well paying job. i also only date tall guys. do i know how much money they make when we start dating? no. does it matter? honestly, no.

i think that in this day and age, any intelligent woman understands how important it is to be able to provide for herself in case of divorce or death. lots of money is definitely the icing on the cake, but i think you are seriously overestimating the amount of college educated, mature women that are all about the benjamins, baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are seriously underestimating the amount of those women who would love to and eventually will go on the mommy track.

And college graduates? Please. That's like being a high school graduate these days. It doesn't say all that much about a person anymore.

[ QUOTE ]
do i know how much money they make when we start dating? no. does it matter? honestly, no.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is of course the right thing to say.

The number one reason for divorces is money problems. The sex that usually initiates divorces is the female.

I propose anyone who believes money doesn't matter to them ask themselves if they can pass fish's test. If your significant other lost his job or decided to change to a low-paying job, how long would you stick around. REALLY?

Now compare this to how often women jump on the mommy track or treat a job as merely one of several options, and note how men generally take it in stride.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
do i know how much money they make when we start dating? no. does it matter? honestly, no.

[/ QUOTE ]

Women never know how much a guy makes when they start dating. But nearly all of them are keenly aware of how much a guy's shirt and shoes costs when they first see him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

Plus, the money question usually jumps out at the first question too: So, what do you do?

The change in expression can be hilarious.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cardo,

I'm saying that once you grow up, you'll stop believing lame emo crap like that.

[/ QUOTE ]]

WTF. That's not lame and it's not emo, it's factual. Dying / disappearing loved ones, lost illusions, disappointed dreams, shortcomings, limitations, these are what life is made of, primarily. There's no reason you can't be satisfied and happy in spite of that, and even know joy, on occasion, but there it is.

"Every soul seeketh an object and cherisheth a desire, and day and night striveth to attain its aim. One craveth riches, another thirsteth for glory and still another yearneth for fame, for art, for prosperity and the like. Yet all are finally doomed to loss and disappointment. One and all they leave behind them all that is theirs and empty-handed hasten to the realm beyond, and all their labours shall be in vain. To dust they shall all return, denuded, depressed, disheartened and in utter despair,"

and if truer words were ever spoken, huh, I be damned.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

WTF. That's not lame and it's not emo, it's factual. Dying / disappearing loved ones, lost illusions, disappointed dreams, shortcomings, limitations, these are what life is made of, primarily.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose it's factual that all the awesome [censored] gets left out and ignored, too.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:39 PM

Blarg,

If I could suggest an undertitle change, it would be 'scarred by the Eighties.'