bet/3b 5 41.67%
check/raise 1 8.33%
bet/fold (NITS) 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-15-2007, 01:06 PM

Default Re: STTF SNG->cash thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
even if they are paying attention this is bad. watch less cardrunners vids methinks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still need a sensei if Brian Townsend is not the one... (no joke)

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd be much better off watching the cash videos posted by Rizen on pokerxfactor than you are watching anything on cardrunners.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
even if they are paying attention this is bad. watch less cardrunners vids methinks.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd be much better off watching the cash videos posted by Rizen on pokerxfactor than you are watching anything on cardrunners.

[/ QUOTE ]

there's a j-man video at 10/20 FTP that ive heard is pretty good. in general high stakes players arent going to really give anything groundbreaking away, especially if their SN's are public.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:26 PM

Will watching cardrunners help me with HU cash?

Yugoslav
Old 08-15-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there's a j-man video at 10/20 FTP that ive heard is pretty good. in general high stakes players arent going to really give anything groundbreaking away, especially if their SN's are public.

[/ QUOTE ]

While generally true, I like that Rizen plays mostly those levels that we play (.50/1 up to 5/10 in the videos I've seen). More importantly, he very strongly advocates playing ABC until you get decent reads on the players. Too many other "teachers" get right into the [censored] without takign the time to get a bead on the table or explaining how they know what they do about the opponents involved.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:41 PM

Does Rizen have a site or something where I could find the vids?
Old 08-15-2007, 01:59 PM

I think the cardrunners videos are very good. I don't think any of the cardrunners guys push the TT hand. I don't think they hold back any significant secrets other than occassionally some specific read on a player they play against regularly, but the videos are usually at different stakes so that doesn't come up much. This is mostly because there aren't any big secrets to hold back other than things like how to play specific fish.

The Jman video is great, but so are most of the other videos.

One can get into trouble watching the videos if they overdo something, but that can happen any time anyone is fiddling with their game.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does Rizen have a site or something where I could find the vids?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-15-2007, 02:09 PM

ah sorry missed that. When I'm excited I start to read English as fast as I read my own language and obv miss things.

So this must be covered like zillion times but... I feel special [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Is the initial $150 fee and $30/month worth it for a NL50er?
Old 08-15-2007, 02:13 PM

I think so - in addition to his cash videos he's started doing lectures on other important aspects of the game (fish lists, table selection, etc.). If he helps you move up a level or two, the cost will have more htna paid itself.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While generally true, I like that Rizen plays mostly those levels that we play (.50/1 up to 5/10 in the videos I've seen). More importantly, he very strongly advocates playing ABC until you get decent reads on the players. Too many other "teachers" get right into the [censored] without takign the time to get a bead on the table or explaining how they know what they do about the opponents involved.

Just my 2 cents.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a couple recent cardrunners videos where they try to cultivate a crazy image and then cash in on it. The vast majority of the videos they go more for a tight image early in a session. Myself, I vastly prefer to sit back and get reads, especially on the bad players, before I get involved. I don't worry about the regulars or good players until it becomes necessary, although of course I follow any big hands.

That's not to say that a crazy image can't be good.