Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2007, 08:16 AM

Default Re: Celtics

[ QUOTE ]
Ray Allen scored 26.4 ppg last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

He also had ankle surgery in April. Anyone know how serious the operation was and will he be ready to start the season?

32 years old + ankle surgery makes me very nervous. Last time Danny traded for a guy with an injury (Lafrenze) he couldn't play.

Someone in this thread said Seattle wanted Rondo, but they settled for West. And Seattle wanted the Ratcliffe contract but they settled for Szerbiak. Seems like Seattle was pretty desparate to get Allen out of town. Hope they don't know something we don't know about his condition.

ps. Have the Celtics doctors examined Allen or will they and is the trade contingent upon him passing a physical. Huge gamble if it is not.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:34 AM

This sums up my thoughts on the trade perfectly:

[ QUOTE ]
"Let me ask you," an Eastern Conference veteran player said Thursday night, "who is going to make anyone better on that team? Doc Rivers will run a play for (Paul) Pierce, and then he'll run a play for Ray Allen. They won't make each other better, and who there is going to make Al Jefferson any better?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless we make a bigtime trade for one of the people that are saying "never Boston" (KG, Marion, etc.) or some other bigtime player and make a run at it in the next 3 yrs, were screwed.

Although, this reminds me of Ray Allen in He Got Game banging those two white chicks on the recruiting visit. Mmmmmmmmmm.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:31 AM

you're all a bunch of whining negative nancy sissies. jesus.

Rondo is a play maker.

Once Al became a stud Pierce had no problem feeding him the ball or deferring to him.

Ray Allen is a fine compliment to Pierce's drive game and Al's low post play.

We're not screwed unless we're unhealthy. It's not a championship team or anything, but in case you haven't noticed, those are hard to come by. Especially following a season in the gutter. This is a good competitive team as constructed. Health is the only major concern.

This trade >>> drafting Noah or Busty Brewer. The only other route to take was blow the whole thing up and trade Pierce. That would've been far scarier under Danny's watch.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm happy we got this guy, I love his game. Of course, he's probably like 325 right now and will remind C's fans of the Vin Baker years. As somebody on this board said back when the C's got Vin Baker, "not a good fit in a town with a Dunkin' Donuts on every corner"

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha. I was talking to a friend after the Davis pick, and Vin Baker was the first thing that popped in my head. We're just gonna have a fatass on our hands.

There is some hope for him, though. I think it's good guys like him and McRoberts went in the second round. Maybe they'll work a little harder and become decent bench players.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:16 AM

Speaking of McRoberts, why the heck didn't the Celtics take him with one of those 2 early 2nd rounders? I'd say he's a much better fit for that team and something they'd need more than Gabe Pruitt or Glen Davis.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of McRoberts, why the heck didn't the Celtics take him with one of those 2 early 2nd rounders? I'd say he's a much better fit for that team and something they'd need more than Gabe Pruitt or Glen Davis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pruitt is a similar player to Delonte West, a lot better than Allan Ray, to fill in at the 1 or 2 spots off the bench. I'm hoping he's already ahead of Telfair off the bench.

Also...Danny Ainge is HUGE into personality testing. I can guarantee just from seeing maybe 3 Duke games that McRobert's has the opposite of a Michael Jordan/ Brian Scalabrine brain-type.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:16 AM

Did you just compare MJ and Scalabrine? Wow, kudos.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This sums up my thoughts on the trade perfectly:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Let me ask you," an Eastern Conference veteran player said Thursday night, "who is going to make anyone better on that team? Doc Rivers will run a play for (Paul) Pierce, and then he'll run a play for Ray Allen. They won't make each other better, and who there is going to make Al Jefferson any better?

[/ QUOTE ]

Having Allen should make Jefferson notably better. If it doesn't, then Allen should be averaging like 40 a night.

I was out for the draft last night and don't feel like catching up with the draft thread or this one, but I think this is a good move for the Celts.

Also, had there not have been all this talk about us getting KG or Marion, and the deal always just been Allen, I think the reaction would have been a lot more positive.

-McGee
Old 06-29-2007, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm kind of making fun of Ainge. He noted that Scals had the coveted "Michael Jordan braintype" upon the signing.

I haven't seen any results of this, but I'm guessing Big Baby has this exact same thing.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm kind of making fun of Ainge. He noted that Scals had the coveted "Michael Jordan braintype" upon the signing.

I haven't seen any results of this, but I'm guessing Big Baby has this exact same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Big Baby has the exact same brain type as Michael Jordan for Basketball........for cheese burgers and french fries. He has good feet, but I think he needs to lose some weight.