FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is dumber?
The old lady 4 36.36%
The crook 2 18.18%
They are both equally unintelligent 5 45.45%
this space intentionally left blank 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2006, 12:40 PM

Default Re: Bots in PartyPoker\'s 6-max Limit games?

Just repeating some stuff:

The webcam idea sounds really good. If you had to have it show yourself, your mouse and your screen then they could have a guy that watched that everything that happened was congruent with the actions on the poker client. I don't see how the botters could get by this unless they could manipulate the webcam. At least someone would have to sit there and play, then if he was constantly told by a headphones or something how to play botwise he would still have an unfair advantage, but at least he couldn't be on 40 tables.

Another really good idea is to:
1. Change some appearence on the screen
2. Log like everything
3. Get the word to how some bots got screwed up (like the UB example).
4. Search in the logs for that behaviour.
5. Freeze and investigate all accounts showing that behaviour.

Also better ID identification feels like a must. At least in the future, when more sites become regulated I think this will happen. In Sweden they just opened a governmental poker site where you must have a swedish social security number to play. Much harder to create masses of accounts. I think that secure ID verification would be enough to keep the bot population small in relation to human players.

Even more so coupled with other methods. Let's say it get's impossible to open a new account without a real persons details, documents, and him getting a code home by mail. Then if they poker site made a big raid by let's say changing the appearence of the screen as talked about above, and they cought lot's of bots. Then these people would have to go out and pay people to let them start accounts in their name or something, which would be a hassle.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:42 PM

I hope there are other good solutions as well. I'm not computer savvy so I don't know what is possible. But as I understand it the bots are run on a separate computer and information is sent back and forth between them. The poker sites could if possible forbid all use of processguard, enkryptioned traffic, other stuff that could hide bots... I guess this would suck a bit for some people, but if it made the games safer then overall if would definetly be a great thing.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:47 PM

Maybe online poker will die in 5 years, but if the trend stays high maybe the poker room will open secure and supervized internet cafe type online gaming rooms. Not all that realted, but I'm just saying that maybe online poker will be able to survice in some other form.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in order to run 50 bots you basically need 50 accounts at the poker site you are running them on

[/ QUOTE ]

Can bots not multi-table?

[ QUOTE ]
and usually a box to run each bot on

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, often you need 2 boxes for 1 bot. One to be the "clean" machine that logs into the poker site, and a second computer with the bot on it to control the first. This is how they got around Party's defenses which would scan your system for bot software.

[ QUOTE ]
things like IP and MAC addresses need to get sorted for each one)

[/ QUOTE ]

Piece of cake.

[ QUOTE ]
I read recently that some guy who runs half a dozen bots from a warehouse somewhere is making $50K a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw that too. His bots play in the micro-limits.

If they were better bots, say like the ones in the Party mid-limit games, and could beat 10/20, then the income might be 10x that, right?

[ QUOTE ]
Would players complain if a site limited each player to a max of x hours playing time a day?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes!!!

Human endurance is way better than that. Maybe if they limit you to 60 out of 72 hours or something it would only catch bots, but then its only a minor inconvenience to give your bot a "day off". They should definitely track these things though. Any continuous session over 48 hours should send up red flags. But being kicked off automatically? Nah, don't like it.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:58 PM

Can poker sites put it in their T&C that if you use a bot they can sue your ass off?

If they can and they did, and they had good ID verification, and they made a frequent bot raids, then it would become really hard for the botters to convince new people to let them open accounts in their name.

At least for local poker sites, as for example that of the Swedish government. Especially if they took some people to court and prosecuted them.

I think this stuff could make botting very very hard to do.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I read recently that some guy who runs half a dozen bots from a warehouse somewhere is making $50K a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you read this and is 50K gross (what he wins before expenses) or net (after his expenses of the machines, warehouse, etc.)?
Old 11-17-2006, 01:38 PM

it was earlier in this thread somewhere.

my thought was that for being able to run it for a really long period of time (and several of them perhaps) that 50k was an unexpectedly small amount.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:44 PM

That was my thinking as well, MB. 50K per year really isn't that hard especially with some of the rakeback deals out there now.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I make that much playing 5/10 LHE for 1.5 hours each night SINGLE-tabling and I don't have the overhead of multiple machines and warehouse expenses.

If that's the best the botters can do, we have nothing to worry about.

[/ QUOTE ]

come on, this isn't correct at all. you don't want the botters taking any money out of the "poker economy."
Old 11-17-2006, 04:55 PM

"Party are going through a security review Confused

My 6 max empire is being threatened although they have zero evidence that I am botting

Apparently they have recieved mail from disgruntled users at the higher limits and are investgating 14 of my accounts.

So back to the proxy IP supplier and my friends at neteller.
Just a heads up for the rest who are bleeding the party 6-max dry.)benzo)

Btw party also invited 8 of my accountss to be upgraded to platium ststus on the same day "

Does anyone else draw the following conclusions from the bot maker.

He has more than 14 accounts. Some play at lower limits than the OP does and these accounts are not being investigated.

If this is true some of the readers who play 6-max limits below 10/20 should try searching for players with similar stats.