Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 06:34 PM

Default Re: Anyone @ Table 8 today ($365 bounty tourney)?

I just woke up so no rodizio tonight for me.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:47 PM

I'm playing a guy named "Robbie" from turningstone (very fat guy) heads up freezeout 75-150 limit. anyone have any thoughts? let me know if he's good.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:52 PM

hes awful you have an edge.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Official August Turning Stone Thread (pt. 2, the actual events)

[ QUOTE ]
busto'd in the first level of the $320. I think luckychewy was at my table decked out in FTP gear. Also I had played before with the guy that busted me, and I think he called me by my name, he might be 2+2 too.

UTG old guy limps (like, 70/2/.5, the reason i play the hand), UTG+1 young guy raises to 225 two youngish people call, i call A6dd in the SB, UTG obv calls.

A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

check to UTG+1 who bets 750 - fold to CO who raises to 2100 - i stick my stack in in the SB, lose to UTG's AK and CO's 86hh. OOooh well. 6max tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL yea that was me, i definitely was not wearing it for the fun of it hahaha. pretty sick hand to bust on tho nothing u can do i don't think. now that i know who u are i'll introduce myself sometime.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hes awful you have an edge.

[/ QUOTE ]
ty, thats what i thought. i havent played limit in 3 years, so obviously im rusty, but i dont think i can pass this ev up.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
busto'd in the first level of the $320. I think luckychewy was at my table decked out in FTP gear. Also I had played before with the guy that busted me, and I think he called me by my name, he might be 2+2 too.

UTG old guy limps (like, 70/2/.5, the reason i play the hand), UTG+1 young guy raises to 225 two youngish people call, i call A6dd in the SB, UTG obv calls.

A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

check to UTG+1 who bets 750 - fold to CO who raises to 2100 - i stick my stack in in the SB, lose to UTG's AK and CO's 86hh. OOooh well. 6max tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL yea that was me, i definitely was not wearing it for the fun of it hahaha. pretty sick hand to bust on tho nothing u can do i don't think. now that i know who u are i'll introduce myself sometime.

[/ QUOTE ]

you should have been honored to win that bet
Old 08-13-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
obv read dependant but i rr more with eights, but im not there to see it so who cares

my flight leaves at 2pm, i'll be there around 7:30 pm or so due to plane changes and the limo.

is anyone needing to go make a walmart run and/or bank run? i need to get a set of clothes for TS and make a visit to the bank to receieve a wire.

[censored], just realized banks are closed on sundays. guess that will wait until monday. but not the walmart part, i wanna ship that tomorrow night. whos down?

[/ QUOTE ]

hilarious that you are using a limo...but going to wal-mart
Old 08-13-2007, 07:22 PM

Busted around 40th today in the bounty trying to resteal against a button raise from Adam Junglen...K7 < A6. Adam has a nice stack approaching the bubble.

Adam, what did you have when I raised to 1600 with 10k behind (300/600/75) and you shoved? Pretty sure I made a bad fold.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I don't see the harm in it (obviously I am no legal expert)

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill Ivey: LOLOLOL cops took a [censored] of my weed and only booked me for a little bit of it, i'm gonna call 'em out on a public forum

Cops: F, you're right, we miscounted. Now you're charged with intent to distribute.

(etc.)

[/ QUOTE ]

that's not actually legally possible is it (ignoring the fact that there's no way the cops will admit to that)

goggles,
not sure what you mean by the first part of your post, are you saying you don't want people at TS to think poker players are potheads, or are you saying you think it's bad for BI legally?

basically I mean yeah I wouldn't have posted here, but unless I'm mistaken (which as I mentioned before is totally possible) I don't think there is any way that there would be any legal ramifications. The only thing I could think of is that it would make it less likely he'd be allowed to come back after a year, but I dunno

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a legal expert, people are convicted all the time based on statements they make after the fact in emails, out loud, etc.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm playing a guy named "Robbie" from turningstone (very fat guy) heads up freezeout 75-150 limit. anyone have any thoughts? let me know if he's good.

[/ QUOTE ]
Robbie has no idea what hes doing. Hes a better limit player than he is a NL player tho, but thats not saying much.