Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2006, 06:30 PM

Default Re: iWitness v2

I am wondering if there is a way to make sure that watches a table for a sufficent amount of hands. im finding that it will switch tables up after only 15-30 hands and i won't be able to get sufficent # of hands on a player.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:36 AM

Sorry if this has been answered already, but can't find an answer with search.

In IWitness, I am specifying twelve tables max in my group. However, it only opens ten tables at first.

Maybe later it might open an 11th or 12th, but not right away.

There are WAY MORE than twelve tables available considering the options I set in my group, so it's not like they're not there.

I did check for an extra ini file - found one and deleted, then restarted my system. Actually, that improved it from only opening 5 tables, now it does 10. But still not the max, 12 (at Party).

Nancy
Old 08-11-2006, 01:37 AM

Hi everybody

I have installed iWitness, but can't seem to get it to work. And I have no clue of what to do, because I know absolutely nothing about coding [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

So if anyone will be so kind to tell me what I have to do to get it to work [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I have copied the text into Wordpad and saved it as iWitness.ahk and I have installed Auto Hotkey, but when I try to start the iWitness I get the following error:

Error at line 1.

Line Text: \rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1030{\fonttbl{ \f0\froman\fcharset0 Times New Roman;}{\f1\fswiss\...
Error: This line does not contain a recognized action

The program will exit
Old 08-13-2006, 02:54 PM

Can someone change the max # of tables to 12 instead of 10 ??
Old 08-13-2006, 06:19 PM

I have been using iWitness since day one. I've mined countless hands at 5/10, 6-max, LHE. I'm taking a look at the Party Speed SNGs 33 and would like to mine those.

I set up iWitness to mine those games, but it doesn't seem to find them. I navigate to the 33 tab manually and everything.

About 1/5 times, it will open 1 SNG, but from a random level. After it opens the first one it doesn't do anything.

Anybody have any experience or advice for mining Speed SNGs?
Old 08-13-2006, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
looks like we are going to have to find a new workaround for speed sit and gos because they all have the same name in the lobby "speed". If this has been addressed, can someone point me to the fix? Regulars still seem to work, but it will only open one speed at a time.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have exactly the same problem - regulars are fine, 'cause they all have unique table names. however, since party are [censored], speeds do not (same with Mini Steps, too)

PAHUD formerly had this problem, but a work around was developed by the author, using some other info to identify a table.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
looks like we are going to have to find a new workaround for speed sit and gos because they all have the same name in the lobby "speed". If this has been addressed, can someone point me to the fix? Regulars still seem to work, but it will only open one speed at a time.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have exactly the same problem - regulars are fine, 'cause they all have unique table names. however, since party are [censored], speeds do not (same with Mini Steps, too)

PAHUD formerly had this problem, but a work around was developed by the author, using some other info to identify a table.

[/ QUOTE ]
If the table has no name, does FPHG still pull the HHs ok, or does it mess up?

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-13-2006, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the table has no name, does FPHG still pull the HHs ok, or does it mess up?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny you should mention this, because Party itself actually messes up the recording of HHs. Party's HH writing inserts all the HHs into the one file, from different tables, stuffing it all up majorly.

FPHG is able to write HHs, but I don't know if it is getting 100% (I've got no reason to doubt that it is). Even if it isn't getting every hand, it is certainly getting the vast majority, which is sufficient for my needs.

Also, the table has a name (Speed) however, the problem is that all tables have the same name.

Presumably, and I don't understand the workings of iWitness, but I imagine iWitness won't try to open a table that it thinks is already open. Since a table "Speed" is open, it won't try to open another table with the same name. This is not normally a problem with every other table in the Party universe, 'cause Party have given every other table a unique name.

I've just chalked it up to just another example of Party producing crap software with unintended consequences.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone change the max # of tables to 12 instead of 10 ??

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-15-2006, 01:51 AM

maybedinero posted this on page three:::::

Now the new Party update allows 12 tables to be opened at once, you miners would probably like to make use of the extra 2.

iWitness as is only supports 10, although the pull down menu allows for a higher 'max tables' to be selected.

But:
Line 368: Change max_tables = 10 to max_tables = 12.

Line 1758: Change to if log_in = Yes max_tables = 12.

Line 1820: As line 1758

Line 1823: Change to If (open_password = "yes" And max_tables = 12)

Line 1832: Change to If max_tables = 12

Line 1892: Change from Loop, 10 to Loop, 12.
Don't do this for all loops, otherwise it will try and test for 12 players at each full ring table instead of 10. Just for the loop headed ';Findout how many tables we'll have to check.'!

This fix is not guaranteed; I have nothing to do with the writers of iWitness, but the modifications work for me to mine 12 tables rather than 10.