Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2006, 06:04 PM

Default Re: New Software Announcement - SIXTH SENSE

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i tried the software and i got this msg: error: unexpected protocol character from backend (send_query);

then i checked the .dll file mentioned earlier in this thread but mine was 1.0.0.19 instead of the 1.0.0.20

it also scanned 3 of 113 tables in 7:53 and during the scan it caused the computer to say low virtual memory. any ideas on what i can do or what is going on?

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to reinstall SixthSense. I suggest doing a reboot first, then reinstall SS before starting any other applications. Then double check your DLL to make sure its the right version.

-Ben

[/ QUOTE ]

do you mean install postgresql-8.0.3 again? i did try to re-install sixthsense and the same problem occured.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:16 PM

Hey,

I figured it out as well...

If I'm not running party or anything, it works fine, but if I run it with anything else it seems to slow to a halt..

I decided to just let it run, and after about 25 minutes it went through the first 52 out of 56 tables and then:

8/2/2006 6:09:25 PM App Error Error: Unexpected protocol character from backend (send_query);
Unexpected protocol character from backend (send_query)
8/2/2006 6:10:57 PM Job Error Unexpected protocol character from backend (send_query);

Postgres works fine, everything else works fine, and so does sixth when nothing is running. I also got the low virtual memory thing...

Edit: Also, I can't get to your site to re-install the program...I'm getting some kind of search program thing...is anyone else seeing this?
Old 08-02-2006, 06:35 PM

Seems to me the Open/Join-and-Open/Join-or-Open options are not working? It's supposed to put me on the waitlist when I choose Join and/or Open, right?
Old 08-02-2006, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems to me the Open/Join-and-Open/Join-or-Open options are not working? It's supposed to put me on the waitlist when I choose Join and/or Open, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes that's correct. There's a known conflict between SS and the AutoResizer AHK script. There might be conflicts with other scripts. Try stopping any other scripts, and see if that fixes it. If you could let us know if other scripts cause interaction problems, that would be great.

We do plan to make SS compatible with other scripts.

-Ben
Old 08-02-2006, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i tried the software and i got this msg: error: unexpected protocol character from backend (send_query);

then i checked the .dll file mentioned earlier in this thread but mine was 1.0.0.19 instead of the 1.0.0.20

it also scanned 3 of 113 tables in 7:53 and during the scan it caused the computer to say low virtual memory. any ideas on what i can do or what is going on?

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to reinstall SixthSense. I suggest doing a reboot first, then reinstall SS before starting any other applications. Then double check your DLL to make sure its the right version.

-Ben

[/ QUOTE ]

do you mean install postgresql-8.0.3 again? i did try to re-install sixthsense and the same problem occured.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you should not reinstall postgres, that might try to overwrite the ADO driver we install.

Like previously, did you reboot first before trying to reinstall SS? and shut down all other running apps?

-Ben
Old 08-02-2006, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey,

I figured it out as well...

If I'm not running party or anything, it works fine, but if I run it with anything else it seems to slow to a halt..

I decided to just let it run, and after about 25 minutes it went through the first 52 out of 56 tables and then:

8/2/2006 6:09:25 PM App Error Error: Unexpected protocol character from backend (send_query);
8/2/2006 6:10:57 PM Job Error Unexpected protocol character from backend (send_query);

Postgres works fine, everything else works fine, and so does sixth when nothing is running. I also got the low virtual memory thing...

Edit: Also, I can't get to your site to re-install the program...I'm getting some kind of search program thing...is anyone else seeing this?

[/ QUOTE ]

This "unexpected character" bug means that the ADO driver didn't get installed right. See the other message in this thread on how to fix that. Also we should have that up on our FAQ soon too.

-Ben
Old 08-02-2006, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's a known conflict between SS and the AutoResizer AHK script.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI, AutoResizer isn't AHK; I think Juk wrote it in C# or something.

[ QUOTE ]
There might be conflicts with other scripts

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct. It's my MiniLobby script (which resizes the lobby and moves a bunch of controls around). Just not sure why that would be a problem?

Btw, any chance you'll add an auto-BuyIn feature ( as in "Take Seat or Join Waitlist" )?
Old 08-02-2006, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

No, you should not reinstall postgres, that might try to overwrite the ADO driver we install.

Like previously, did you reboot first before trying to reinstall SS? and shut down all other running apps?

-Ben

[/ QUOTE ]

i did restart after uninstalling, then installed it again w/o deleting the 3 files that were left from the sixthsense folder, same thing happened, i shut it off after 4 min. should i delete the 3 files after uninstalling, then restart, then install? how long should it take to load all tables with info from database?
Old 08-02-2006, 08:53 PM

Hey,

Is anyone else experiencing problems getting onto:

www.sixthsensepoker.com ???
Old 08-02-2006, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
There might be conflicts with other scripts

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct. It's my MiniLobby script (which resizes the lobby and moves a bunch of controls around). Just not sure why that would be a problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem I had with autoresizer was because ss always opens the join-waitinglist-dialog, no matter what option you selected. If you have 'open table only' selected ss opens the dialog but don't 'press' the join button.
But as soon as the dialog pops up, autoresizer jumps in and joins the wl for me.
Maybe it's the same with your script.

ben already sad he will fix it in the next Version, btw.

Cheers,
Daniel