Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2006, 05:46 PM

Default Re: *Official* Suggestions for Stars Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
B2B had a "sit out next blind" checkbox, which would be a nice addition to those tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you people ever played on Stars? Are you just totally retarded, or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been about 18 months since I was on a high-speed table, since it's been that long since I played holdem there. At the time it was a painful guessing game if you wanted to end a session on your blind. If they've already implemented a solution, then that's nice of them.

If they had high-speed (or "fast" now I guess) HORSE tables I'd be on them.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:47 PM

If I had recieved the 1k reload I would have deposited and attempted to clear it. I am playing at Fulltilt even though I prefer stars software because I have a bonus there.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:56 PM

I have no idea whether or not this has covered in this thread already but....

Suggestion:
Popular SnGs that register quickly should have 2 ready to register in at all times.

Why:
I multitable the 15+1 Turbo SnGs and get caught often in a race to enter the next one with others and usually get stuck with a 'registration closed' sign when I'm not fast enough. This wastes valuable time in my world where every second is precious in a multitabling session and if I can save these seconds by paying more attention to the tables that I am in, the better EV it will be for me in the long term.

So if you can have 2 15+1 Turbo SnGs and other popular SnGs up at all times for registration, I think this will go a long way at helping the situation. Thanks.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:18 PM

Default Hey Lee!!! Help us Party switchers out, Please!

Ok, Ok, I'm an ex-Party Donk. I played 1 play money game on Stars a while ago and hated the tables, layout, etc. It just didn't feel right.

Now that I've played pm Stars a lot, I like it better. Had to get my PT and PA set-up and change the table background, but it's cool now.

I'm trying to get to SuperNova. But I only have a little over 2 months. For a .5/1 6max player, that's almost impossible. I figure I need to play 4 tables for 75 hours a week thru the holidays. Not me, sorry. I got a life, sorta.

But I just started 2 weeks ago. I'm going to make Silver tonight and will make Platinum by the end of the month.

Come year end I gotta start all over for SuperNova? How about a 1 month extension, something? anything? Please! It's gonna be a ***** if I can get close, and then have to start over, which will take about 3 months.

Thanks for listening. Love your site! Glad I had to switch.

-----------kitty
Old 10-24-2006, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Keep the "autopost blind" checkbox always up so i have the option to uncheck it.

It should never be replaced by a 2nd "sit out next hand" checkbox.

[/ QUOTE ]

It never is.

When there's no "Autopost blinds", it is replaced by "Sit out next blind". There are then two "Sit out next <item>" checkboxes:

[ ] Sit out next hand i.e. deal me out right now.
[ ] Sit out next blind i.e. I'll play the orbit, but won't post

Sit out next blind is the complete equivalent of "Auto-Post Blinds", which is implicitly always on at a "fast" table.

In short, it keeps the game rapidly moving ensuring that the game is never, ever waiting on a player to decide manually whether or not to post a blind if "Auto-Post" is off. You're either, in if "Sit out Next Blind" is unchecked, or out if it is checked.

Jester
Old 10-24-2006, 11:53 PM

Default Re: Hey Lee!!! Help us Party switchers out, Please!

[ QUOTE ]

Ok, Ok, I'm an ex-Party Donk. I played 1 play money game on Stars a while ago and hated the tables, layout, etc. It just didn't feel right.

Now that I've played pm Stars a lot, I like it better. Had to get my PT and PA set-up and change the table background, but it's cool now.

I'm trying to get to SuperNova. But I only have a little over 2 months. For a .5/1 6max player, that's almost impossible. I figure I need to play 4 tables for 75 hours a week thru the holidays. Not me, sorry. I got a life, sorta.

But I just started 2 weeks ago. I'm going to make Silver tonight and will make Platinum by the end of the month.

Come year end I gotta start all over for SuperNova? How about a 1 month extension, something? anything? Please! It's gonna be a ***** if I can get close, and then have to start over, which will take about 3 months.

Thanks for listening. Love your site! Glad I had to switch.

-----------kitty

[/ QUOTE ]

Lee,

Would it be possible to calculate supernova status based on the last 12 months of play. To remain a supernova just have 100K VPP's in the last 12 month period of time.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:01 AM

sorry if it's been covered in the last 35 pages, but I couldn't find it...

How about the pre-select "check" box isn't in the EXACT SAME SPOT as the "call $" box when checking is no longer an option?
Old 10-25-2006, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry if it's been covered in the last 35 pages, but I couldn't find it...

How about the pre-select "check" box isn't in the EXACT SAME SPOT as the "call $" box when checking is no longer an option?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooh.. good call. This forces me to not use the check boxes, which slows down the games.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:05 AM

Why sweat making nova by year's end. Just wait until Jan and make your 100k vpps then.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why sweat making nova by year's end. Just wait until Jan and make your 100k vpps then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because at the end of December my 80K+ vpps get wiped out. The vpp counter gets reset to 0. Then it will take be another 2+ months to regain that 80K vpp.

Or are you suggesting playing elsewhere and starting as Stars in Jan. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

--------------kitty