Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: which handle should i use 4 stars?
lolbbvaments 7 10.77%
mike oxinyermom 3 4.62%
sirpwnsalot 8 12.31%
kneegroplz 15 23.08%
good4me2poopon 6 9.23%
BASTARD! FACK OOT! 26 40.00%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 11:14 PM

Default Re: Less Hugs, More Bans (NC Thread)

[ QUOTE ]

In other words I would like to switch because PT is so bloody slow now with 140k hands in it but PO I can't seem to find all the stats I am used to.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are u using postgreSQL? I found that to speed things up esp if I continually compact the DB. Although my PC has a fair amount of grunt (well it did 8months ago lol), so I guess that helps too.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:17 PM

Default Re: why are you crying? it\'s only a knock-knock joke.

we have a wii. disappointing.

tennis and bowling fun though I can play both now just by flicking my wrist when I am sitting down, golf and baseball eck and madden football and some other games... brutally done. have snowboarding game and essentially the tricks are impossible to duplicate because the movements are very finicky for the sensor.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:37 PM

Purge your PT database. Why do you need hands from more than 6 months ago?
Old 10-11-2007, 12:03 AM

Default Deal or No Deal - Math geniuses?

So, I was watching the show tonight for the first time, and unless I'm mistaken this whole thing is retarded. Isn't it the old Let's Make A Deal thing? Since there are 25 cases to start with, there's never more than a 4% chance that the case you pick at the beginning has the $1M...right?

So, when the rubber meets the road, any time the Dude offers you more than $40k you should take it.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:08 AM

It was one of the bigger tech Headlines at Google News today:
Women prefer Wii

Apparently in Japan more women are playing Wii than men... overall.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It was one of the bigger tech Headlines at Google News today:
Women prefer Wii

Apparently in Japan more women are playing Wii than men... overall.

[/ QUOTE ]

see, that's where i'm havin a bit of a problem. she already ignores me more than i would like.

oh, wait, that ain't exactly what you said is it? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

on the other hand are there any x rated games. maybe i could have a chance then. but of course they would be one player games only. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2007, 12:18 AM

Default Re: Deal or No Deal - Math geniuses?

[ QUOTE ]
So, I was watching the show tonight for the first time, and unless I'm mistaken this whole thing is retarded. Isn't it the old Let's Make A Deal thing? Since there are 25 cases to start with, there's never more than a 4% chance that the case you pick at the beginning has the $1M...right?

So, when the rubber meets the road, any time the Dude offers you more than $40k you should take it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boz, theres a bit more to it than that and there are places when mathematically you can take a chance and places when you shouldnt. Good spots to be in is when you have 2-3 big $ boxes that are grouped because knocking out a one big box wont hurt your offer that much. Spots that suck are when you have no plan B if you knock out top box yada yada yad.

Downuder the top box is $200k.

Things from it that make me wanna puke
1. "I came with nothing so if I leave with nothing then thats ok"....when player has a generous bank offer but is a greedy SOB and wants to justify their greed with BS excuses
2. people who make their picks based on what someone with a case thinks they have...PEOPLE! you dont think you have $200k! You guess!...it doesnt [censored] matter what their guess is. It doesnt even matter if you have 50c or $200k. If its a good offer and risk of busto is high just take the deal![censored] Idiots.
3. "Oh Noes. $X not a good offer...I NEED at least $Y to afford items Z
4. Greedy bastards who dont take the deal and still win thanks to megaluckboxes.

What makes me laugh
1. when greedy people go busto
2. when greedy people go busto
3. when greedy people go busto

sadly, its probably these very reasons that mean I watch the show at all. that is all. as you were.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haven't watched the show much, but read a couple threads, and from what I gather is:

1) +EV decisions to almost always open the next case vs take deal
2) BR ROR decisions to take the deal, which is a large sum of money instead of risking going busto, even though it's +EV. You are risking nearly everything an "unlikely series of events"

most people go keep opening cases not because it's +EV but because it's teh gambool to win big
Old 10-11-2007, 12:33 AM

To demonstrate, e.g. there are two cases left, $1 and $1,000,000. The dealer offers you $450K. You take this deal even though it is -EV. If you played this game a large enough sample to converge, then this is a stupid deal to take LDO.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To demonstrate, e.g. there are two cases left, $1 and $1,000,000. The dealer offers you $450K. You take this deal even though it is -EV. If you played this game a large enough sample to converge, then this is a stupid deal to take LDO.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the game gets to the point where the player has picked some very good cases, the bank will indeed give +EV offers and it has been seen on the show. If you got down to the ex you have w/ $1 and $1M cases only left, the bank would prolly offer something like $515K to entice the player to take the deal. There have been several +EV offers on the show in the late stages.
Closed Thread