Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Backing out of a deal in exchange for money is..
OK 68 86.08%
A scumbag move 7 8.86%
Results plz 4 5.06%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-03-2007, 11:26 PM

Default Re: B,B, or V?: lilholdem interview!

^- ip ban?
Old 08-03-2007, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
his completely skewed perception on his ethnicity

[/ QUOTE ]

god you are a piece of [censored]
Old 08-03-2007, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not confirmed or denied yet, but this MIGHT be the best "meta" interview in the history of poker.

He sure got me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-03-2007, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
his completely skewed perception on his ethnicity

[/ QUOTE ]

god you are a piece of [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

if having no tolerance for people who are just plain [censored] stupid means i'm a piece of [censored], then fine, i am. guilty as charged. my main problem with this guy is that he has no clue, i'd say he's nonchalant but more likely he's just too simpleminded to realize anything that's going on around him. he reminds me of a young superstar athlete who succeeds, but has no passion for the game and just doesn't give a [censored]. only he's more lucky than good, so it's even worse. plus he's [censored] trash. alright, i'm not even opening this thread anymore so any retard fanboy who wants to argue with me, [censored] you in advance. peace.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you guys want to endorse some retard wigger who probably couldn't cut it working at McDonald's, go ahead. i really don't give a [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently you do otherwise you wouldn't have wasted your time with some borderline racist response.

Please stop posting, we have enough busto railbirds with opinions nobody could give two f*cks about as it is, we don't need another.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

7. The word "wigger" is a million times more racist that the word "ni--ga" used in a friendly way, even by whiteys.
--GA

[/ QUOTE ]

are you kidding me.. trying going up to a black person and calling them a n-i-g-*-e-r.. i will lay like infinite to 1 that outa 10 timse, the black guy will knock your ass out 10 times and do it to a white person they will just laughi n your face...

seriously, go to a ghetto, i would love to see you on tape walk downtown say gary,indiana or detroit and start telling black people and be like whats up [censored]

you be dead so fast you wouldn't know what hit you

[/ QUOTE ]

Where was your stupid ass during the first thread? Does this really need to be rehashed?

But yes, if you called them n----r they wouldn't smack you in the face, or insult you, or laugh at you...

They'd kill you.

Because they're bloodthirsty savages... Right?
Old 08-04-2007, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

they're bloodthirsty savages...

[/ QUOTE ]

Racist freak
Old 08-04-2007, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well i believe that someone who is aggressive will do harm to you..

if i walk up and call a white woman or man a whigger they will 99% of the time walk by or think i am crazy and not do anything.. thus, be nonaggressive and not care.. its like calling someone a cracker.. a black person can call a white person that and they not care.. however, flip it around and have a white person call a black person a nagger, then all hell breaks lose

you walk up to a MASS majority of black females and males and call them a nagger, you will more than likely be physically, verbally injured or killed..

sorry we ain't all rich white boys who went to an all white school.. i know many here have grown up, i have especially in my school with them and know that they don't appreciate it where as we could care less and laugh at their ignorance when they call us whiggers but they flip out over one word..

[/ QUOTE ]

You are so dumb that i'm actually scientifically intrigued. It's fascinating.

And why do you keep saying 'whigger'?

Where does the [censored] H come from?

You know it's racist and ignorant as [censored] and that's why you're trying to change the spelling.

Gotdamn you're one ignorant white bread backwards bigot.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

they're bloodthirsty savages...

[/ QUOTE ]

Racist freak

[/ QUOTE ]

lol tweedledumb and tweedledumber
Old 08-04-2007, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is eveyrone in the first few pages of this thread leveling? You guys seriously think taht Chad isnt a winning player in MTTs and plays bad. LMFAO.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, i'm pretty sure they said that the comment "he is a winning player" cannot be proven due to sample size. His style of play is a high-variance style. To say that his ~2000 or w/e MTTs is a big enough sample to show anything remotely close to his true ROI is just plain dumb. Yah, he's won alot of money, does that mean his edge is really as big as anyone is making it out to be? No. This is the problem/awesomeness of donkaments. With large field tourneys, anyone playing a slightly more aggressive style than normal can go on a hot run of cards and in a small sample size be at the top of the world. The problem is we have to hear from all of them about how great they are. The awesomeness is that the majority of them think they play like a god and then attempt to play real poker (cash) and lose everything. I give the kid credit on 1 thing, he has confidence and expects to win. That alone will take someone far in the poker world. But it has its limits. Eventually variance will bite harder than they ever thought possible, the confidence dies, and then we never hear from them again. Whether or not that will play out in this case has yet to be seen. But to deny it's a possibility is really ignorant.

[/ QUOTE ]

His sample size is at least 4-5k tournaments, which probably comes out to 500k hands or something. Plus, the play in tournaments is much worse than in cash games so I'd expect those who have a big edge to have good results over a reasonable sample often even though the large fields makes tournament poker a variance monster. I think people overestimate how big of a factor luck is in tournaments. You do have to have coinflips go your way, have your hand hold up when ahead, and you even usually have to suck out from time to time. But you can absolutely run over some tables and build your stack without getting into many big confrontations.

Point is that while tournaments definitely have a lot of luck involved, you can do a lot of damage without seeing showdowns. Brute aggression is a lot of times enough to get you deep into a tournament, and if you have some hands go your way you have a good shot at a FT.

I feel kinda dirty defending LH, but some of you guys are just being ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a big misunderstanding here on what the counterpoints of aejones, yeti, and myself have posted. I dont think any of us are saying he's a losing player. We are simply saying he isnt AS GOOD as people claim he is. I think you accidently backed us up when you said "the play in tournaments is much worse than in cash games." Yes, it is, thats why beating tournament fields doesn't automatically make you a great player. As for how much luck is involved, lets look at his actual results,

Total played for Stars,Party,Full Tilt, Paradise: 4150
Total estimated profit according to OPR: $1,026,585
(Note: these profit numbers tend to be higher than the truth as the sites that track them cannot keep an accurate record of the amount of rebuys bought in rebuy tourneys, therefore they typically use the average number of rebuys according to the prize pool)
Big Cashes:

Party Million - 3rd for $57561
Party Million - 1st for $210000
Full Tilt $535 - 1st for $212894

Total from big cashes: $480,455

Now, yes, it is painfully obvious that he is a winning player. But as far as being the best, or one of the best, that claim is based on something variance has a large part of. 46.8% of his total online winnings are from 3 cashes in tourneys with HUGE fields. Why does this matter? If 3, yes, 3 coinflips didnt work out his way, he's won half of what he has now and he's just another "good tourney donk." I could take this analysis further and probably prove that (this is a guess) 80% of his profit has come from <2 dozen cashes. I'm not saying any of this proves whether or not he's a good player, I'm saying that the pure nature and structure of tourneys causes variance to be a MAJOR factor in distinguishing the good players with a decent edge and the supposedly "great" players.