Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Cheating in Online Poker

there is no article, there never was going to be an article. ucla, clayton, adanthar WELL PLAYED.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

also have had enough of this thread. good day.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-27-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The issue is that its easy to set up those acocunts, people setting up those accounts go unreported. Therefore its easy for somebody who wants to multi-account to set up those accounts.

You can't just say, person X wont multi-account so we shouldnt care if he has multiple names. The point is nobody should get away with having multiple names for whatever the reason. because allowing that to happen allows multi-accounting to occur.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for re-directing this thread. Multiaccounting, in general, is a problem because it is easy to set up multiple accounts, as shown in this discussion. Even though some players do not use multiple accounts to play in the same tournament, the fact that they have the ability to play on multiple accounts for cash games or whatever and go undetected by the sites IS a BIG problem.

Every person who has multiple accounts for whatever purpose SHOULD be investigated. If that person is found to have not used two accounts in the SAME tournament, all of their accounts should immediately be frozen, and punishment doled out as necessarey for breaking the T & C.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cool. If he doesn't know what he's talking about then enlighten him (and the rest of people following this thread who agree with him). How is what he said incorrect?

[/ QUOTE ]

because multiaccounting ITT = entering two accounts in one donkament, which Clayton didn't actually do

hence, he doesn't even have the right definition

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, so this is what my post should have said (bold portion replacing "multi-"):

[ QUOTE ]
No, thanks. I agree with ucla and others that there's no legitimate reason to have more than one account.

Sure, maybe Clayton never multi-accounted, but would he admit it if he had? Do we take him at his word simply because he's a good player and other 2+2ers think he's a good guy?

If you don't want people to think you might be cheating, don't have more than one account. It's against the TOS for a reason. Many accounts sure make it a lot easier to cheat, don't you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, so Clayton is an admitted "multiple account haver" (opening more than one account) but not an admitted "multi-accounter" (playing multiple accounts at once).

Fine. Although the second one clearly is worse, I don't think either is acceptable, and I think any idiot can see that the first one creates great temptation to do the second one.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll trying pointing this out for the third time. Everybody is missing the point. Clayton isnt the issue whether or not he multi-accounted (he didnt}) isnt the issue. The issue is that its easy to set up those acocunts, people setting up those accounts go unreported. Therefore its easy for somebody who wants to multi-account to set up those accounts.

You can't just say, person X wont multi-account so we shouldnt care if he has multiple names. The point is nobody should get away with having multiple names for whatever the reason. because allowing that to happen allows multi-accounting to occur.

[/ QUOTE ]

MLG,
So your position is that no one should be allowed to have multiple accounts for whatever purpose, rakeback/staking/cheating/being anonym. etc and that anyone who knows of someone doing so should immediately report them to the site.

Or that + sites need to do something that won't allow people to create multiple accounts for the above purposes?
Old 07-27-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fine. Although the second one clearly is worse, I don't think either is acceptable, and I think any idiot can see that the first one creates great temptation to do the second one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if it doesn't create the temptation for some, it's a necessary precondition. So the sites should definitely investigate such things, IMO.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:43 PM

Thank you MLG and Illini. That is the point I have been trying to make. IF YOU GO BACK AND LOOK AT MY OP ABOUT REPORTING SOMEONE IT IS EXACTLY WHAT I SAID, just not as well as you guys.

Clayton made this about himself by (a) being very public about opening and using many different accounts and (b) coming on here after I suggested I reported someone and admitting it was him. Again, had I known he is "famous" for having many accounts, I would have, at the least, chosen my words differently.

Obviously, this "having many accounts" issue has hit a big nerve with some people. I guess I should not be surprised. I was unaware that it is apparently prevalent and, at least among some, accepted practice. I agree with MLG, Illini, and others, that it simply cannot be accepted practice in the current environment in which cheating is apparently so prevalent.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Come on, Adam. If Clayton was multiaccounting, he's not going to just cough up the names he was doing it with. If he can open 6 accounts, I'm sure he could open more.

[/ QUOTE ]

burn the witches!

[/ QUOTE ]

For real.

Paranoid much?

Clayton is primarily a cash game player...he started learning mtt's like, a 2 month's ago. He gave you all his s/n's and reasons why (staking - yellowsub can confirm) and PS will investigate and he'll end up with his original s/n. He's never played with 2 screen names in the same tournament.

I hope you're happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying you think having multiple accounts is okay, as long as you don't use them at the same time?

I don't agree and I'm not sure why anyone would.

Besides, no one has accused or reported Clayton of "multi-accounting," only of have "having multiple accounts."

Now that we all have our definitions straight, can we agree that both are unacceptable?
Old 07-27-2007, 02:53 PM

Charlie.
my position is that having multiple accounts should be disallowed completely. While I have no problems in a vacuum particularly with somebody opening an aocount for rakeback purposes. However, gioven that doing that is indistinguishable from opening accounts for more nefarious purposes I really feel that sites should be stricter about restricting access to one account and that people with multiple accounts who are interested in cleaning up the game should close their other acocuntsd voluntarily.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:57 PM

ucla: no, actually, you said a lot of things, ending with

[ QUOTE ]
Come on, Adam. If Clayton was multiaccounting, he's not going to just cough up the names he was doing it with. If he can open 6 accounts, I'm sure he could open more.

[/ QUOTE ]

so basically, your thread, created for the purposes of FINDING MULTIACCOUNTERS IN MTT'S, has so far brought us "Clayton has multiple accounts (but didn't actually multiaccount, except that I need to defend myself so let's throw him under the bus anyway)" and Foulcault's corollary of "everyone that made a rakeback account is stealing from the site." (edit: incidentally, JJ posted in this thread half a dozen [censored] times, yet every single one of your posts in it has been about Clayton. good job.)

I hope this thread dies in a grease fire and it'll be a cold day in hell before I post anything like this on 2+2 again.