Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 02:03 PM

Default Re: \"Jesus\" advises Yang to stiff dealers?

[qoute]That is fine. Just don't complain when the dealers aren't so good anymore. Note: I am not saying that this poster has complained about bad dealers, but if players (in general) want good dealers they have to be willing to pay them enough for them to forgo their other opportunities. Just as an example I could deal the WSOP if I wanted, but I don't because it isn't enough money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me what opportunities you dealers have? Are you guys harvard grads? I guarantee 9 out of 10 dealers are not smart enough to do other things, which is why they are dealers. Don't think you are doing something so hard that you can't be replaced.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:04 PM

I agree with you porcupine in everything you say here except for applauding CF. Its funny how all these trnys we see on TV whether its the WSOP, after dark or whatever where these pros are always hanging around. Helmuth, Mouth, CF or someone always shows up. Go home get a life you have been knocked out. These other players are man/woman enough to figure out what then need with their own money. We dont see Brett Favre or Tom Brady at the SB when they arent in it. We didnt see Dirk or Nash at the Finals when the Spurs won. Go home pros or get a life and do something else instead of trying to be in the spotlight and influencing others all the time.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with you porcupine in everything you say here except for applauding CF. Its funny how all these trnys we see on TV whether its the WSOP, after dark or whatever where these pros are always hanging around. Helmuth, Mouth, CF or someone always shows up. Go home get a life you have been knocked out. These other players are man/woman enough to figure out what then need with their own money. We dont see Brett Favre or Tom Brady at the SB when they arent in it. We didnt see Dirk or Nash at the Finals when the Spurs won. Go home pros or get a life and do something else instead of trying to be in the spotlight and influencing others all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm only speaking for myself (and correct me if I am not following your train of thought), but I would ASK CF to come into the room with me if I won. Because he'd be the kind of person I'd want advising me on how this all works. Heck I'd want a few of them in there with me...
Old 07-20-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[qoute]That is fine. Just don't complain when the dealers aren't so good anymore. Note: I am not saying that this poster has complained about bad dealers, but if players (in general) want good dealers they have to be willing to pay them enough for them to forgo their other opportunities. Just as an example I could deal the WSOP if I wanted, but I don't because it isn't enough money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me what opportunities you dealers have? Are you guys harvard grads? I guarantee 9 out of 10 dealers are not smart enough to do other things, which is why they are dealers. Don't think you are doing something so hard that you can't be replaced.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have worked with a Harvard grad in the past. I don't deal anymore because it just isn't worth it. if dealers made more I would go back to dealing. There is a simple market solution, if you think dealers are overpaid for what they do advise your friends and neighbors to become poker dealers.

edit: Most good dealers have plenty of other opportunities, they have decided that dealing is the best option for them, but I know of very few dealers whose next best opportunity is to dig ditches. In my case I have an MA and I am pretty sure I could do something outside of gaming. One of the regulars on this board that is a dealer holds a law degree.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:18 PM

The tip is already taken out, its for tournament dealers and staff, I don't see why this is even being debated, yet it comes up every year. If it wasn't taken out in advance, I'm sure that if the winner tipped exactly the amount that was taken out, then everyone would act as though things were fine.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm only speaking for myself (and correct me if I am not following your train of thought), but I would ASK CF to come into the room with me if I won. Because he'd be the kind of person I'd want advising me on how this all works. Heck I'd want a few of them in there with me...

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough if thats what want to do.
What exactly are these agents doing. Youd figure if agents are at the WSOP they would have some clues as to whats going on if its their job. Why else would they be there?

We dont seem to hear anything about what Tuan Lam did who made 5 mill. No one was there advising him on what to do with his money.
Every interview we see Yang saying he doing this or that with his money or charity but he needed help form CF. Again CF shouldnt of even been involved. Go home Chris Get a life you are out already.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly are these agents doing. Youd figure if agents are at the WSOP they would have some clues as to whats going on if its their job. Why else would they be there?

We dont seem to hear anything about what Tuan Lam did who made 5 mill. No one was there advising him on what to do with his money.
Every interview we see Yang saying he doing this or that with his money or charity but he needed help form CF. Again CF shouldnt of even been involved. Go home Chris Get a life you are out already.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a dealer, right?
Old 07-20-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense. Lam is a professional poker player. For instance if CF wasn't available, I'd be asking Lam. What do you not get ? Jerry has been playing poker 2 years.He's never cashed a big MTT. Any advice can only be beneficial to him.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense. Lam is a professional poker player. For instance if CF wasn't available, I'd be asking Lam. What do you not get ? Jerry has been playing poker 2 years.He's never cashed a big MTT. Any advice can only be beneficial to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

to everyone but the dealer bitching about it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is untrue. as a former dealer, i have met many surprisingly intelligent dealers with educations. many with advanced degrees. those are the ones who only do it for a couple of years, but they definitely exist. sure, there are a lot of uneducated ones too, but i think youd be surprised how many are educated.
Closed Thread