Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 05:18 PM

Default Re: ***July LC Thread*** - Yeah it\'s late...

this site protects so many idiots

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button (t1750)
Hero (t1250)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Button calls t25, Hero checks.

Flop: (t100) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t150</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1200</font>, Button calls t1050.

Turn: (t2500) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t2500) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t2500

Results in white below:
Hero has Jh 7c (two pair, jacks and sevens).
Button has Ah As (three of a kind, aces).
Outcome: Button wins t2500.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:28 PM

I tilted really bad today, blew away 6 BIs.

Someone hold me.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:32 PM

Ok, here are my current month graphs for each limit I've played.

I'll probably play a bit more before the months over, but what the hell.

100nl

200nl (PUKE FIRST WEEK AOHFQEOIRHEOHFEOF was 15k hands)

400nl (against a 100nl donk who wanted higher stakes, obv I run like [censored] against him)

and the 1.5/3 deep 6max game...usually very juicy when running
Old 07-29-2007, 05:51 PM

easycall: solid stuff at nl100, and seems like you're working your way out of a rut in nl200. Thanks for posting the graph and keep up the good job [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-29-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
easycall: solid stuff at nl100, and seems like you're working your way out of a rut in nl200. Thanks for posting the graph and keep up the good job [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, i really haven't had a downswing yet at 100nl...freaking 200nl though was just brutal beginning of this month. I was really down on hu play after the first week and decided to just grind 100nl until my confidence was back and then do 1/2 again. Im already over-rolled for 1/2 but after the run of cards the first week i didn't really care and just wanted to win some buy-ins at 100nl before going back...it always sux playing when you think a guy hits a draw on you every time, or has the 1 hand that beats you everytime..but after that first week that was my mentalitiy...

so going back to .5/1 was good, as I had a really good run there, and then coming back to 1/2 has been great. Really playing solid and now things just clicking. unfortunately my horrid week made my ptbb/100 look fugly but it's getting back up there.

&lt;3 poker

hah
Old 07-29-2007, 06:12 PM

Yeah, I hear you, I started out awfully at headsup as well. Played way too aggro etc..did most of the mistakes 6 max players do when they first try headsup. But it was ok, cause I had set a goal for myself to get accustomed to it after 10k hands. After 12k hands I broke even, and thought "what the hell am I doing? These players suck, but I still don't beat them?", and went through all my leaks etc. Then I focused on doing things right and it just clicked, and I've ended up with this supersmooth graph. My 22k hands after those first 12k have only one tiny downswing, and I know perfectly well what I did wrong to cause it. I would show my whole graph, cause it's probably a funny sight, but I'm at home on holiday and my first 12k hands are in my database where I study. It's widely believed that playing headsup includes insane swings, but with tiltfree playing and good game selection I think you can get by with even less swings than at 6 max. I'll include a friend of mine's graph, who has played a lot more hands than me to prove my point:

Old 07-29-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I hear you, I started out awfully at headsup as well. Played way too aggro etc..did most of the mistakes 6 max players do when they first try headsup. But it was ok, cause I had set a goal for myself to get accustomed to it after 10k hands. After 12k hands I broke even, and thought "what the hell am I doing? These players suck, but I still don't beat them?", and went through all my leaks etc. Then I focused on doing things right and it just clicked, and I've ended up with this supersmooth graph. My 22k hands after those first 12k have only one tiny downswing, and I know perfectly well what I did wrong to cause it. I would show my whole graph, cause it's probably a funny sight, but I'm at home on holiday and my first 12k hands are in my database where I study. It's widely believed that playing headsup includes insane swings, but with tiltfree playing and good game selection I think you can get by with even less swings than at 6 max. I'll include a friend of mine's graph, who has played a lot more hands than me to prove my point:

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, i still have some sick swings. usually cuz i 4 to 5 table like last nite i was up 1.3k, then even, then back up 1k...granted i'll take the worst of it sometimes in big pots, but w/e...i play way bankroll protected and in my experience, everyone tilts, so if i play "bad" and suckout, or dont, i either tilt them and they give me more, or i make them think i suck and i eventually get it all back cuz i know what they are thinking of me, and yada yada. although, against good hu players, i really think this strat doesn't work as well...but a really "good" hu player is a rare thing, especially at 100 or 200nl, so meh...i think important thing in hu play is obv game selection and knowing when you have to shift gears and slow down, or speed up, show a bluff, etc etc. i know a lot of ppl think you can just play solid and still be a very good winner, and i agree, but whatever...i dont think there should really be any set standards in hu play...hu play is by far the closest thing to an 'art' in poker, imo.

i love hu, i wish i never quit it. Two years ago, when i quit the last job i had i took 200 to 6k in two months just grinding the 50 and 100nl games and then went on to 6 max for some reason. long story short, i took 6 months off recently, came back in may with 10k roll...with just a goal to grind 100 and 200nl and it's been great. up little over 14k (barely played in june for some reason) in cash games and have done well in donkaments for like 12 or 14k in cashes since being back on the grind.

needless to say im' just going to stick with hu play. no point in playing 6 max, at least not regularly. i really believe hu play is my 'niche' in the poker world...i'm not going to veer from it ever again. lol

gl in august. ANd Nice graph!

oh and do you not play a lot of hands a month, or is this like the last 2 or 3 months? i've played over 40k this month, and i think im going to start and try and do 50k a month...just wondering.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:30 PM

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] these graphs. Mine is not so pretty [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I've gotten much better, but I've got a long way to go.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:44 PM

[censored] today again. god i hate weekends, i always run so [censored] bad. if i only played during the week id prob be 200k richer over the past 2 years

Shot at 2007-07-29
Old 07-29-2007, 06:48 PM

Easycall: I was on holiday from late june to 17th of july, so I couldn't really get many hands in this month. However, I'm a student and gonna start on a master degree in august, so don't think I'll get more than around 20k hands in per month. I'm only playing 2 tables at the moment, but considering getting a better monitor and up it to 3. I find 2 tables pretty relaxing though, but I guess I could manage 3 as well.

I'm never going back to 6 max either. No way. And I'm playing nl200 with a 13kish roll, which I like to think is pretty safe. Not moving up to nl400 until I have 20k or something like that, I think. You think that sounds ok?

Ironfly: I see you here all the time, so as long as you keep asking questions and try to learn as much as you can you'll get your graph back on track in no time. I guess your graph is probably what my first 12k hands look like [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Closed Thread