Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: When considering hands for low purposes only (and with no qualifier on low) which is the better low
Player A with AA234 30 57.69%
Player B with KK234 22 42.31%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 05:20 AM

Default Re: Dare I say it

I like Granny's points, especially about those players who don't Tournaments regularly but play big ones on various occasions.

Surely the forum can be open to all, and split by buy-in, a certain level for online tournaments (maybe >215, ie. not the sunday tournaments), and another level for live buy-ins.

If someone posts in the wrong forum...just move it!

As a side note, I for one am very happy about the proposed split. I think this forum will help greatly in attracting and retaining the best tournaments players, and as such, the forum as a learning tool will be extremeley helpful for all lower stakes players.

If a lower stakes player is not excited about ths forum, then they simply have no ambition or desire to learn and improve.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(maybe >215, ie. not the sunday tournaments), and another level for live buy-ins.

[/ QUOTE ]

welcome to 3 threads/week
Old 05-20-2007, 06:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
5. there is a limit to how interesting and how valuable a bunch of posts will be from a LIMITED number of players. we will see their hands so often, with no contrast from new people, that the entire thing will cease having any educational or entertainment value.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are all good points that Granny makes. I particularly like this one. There is definitely a 2+2 MTTs 'play poker like the pros' method. It's a pretty successful method and most of big insights into poker have come when an established player states the bleeding obvious, which hadn't previously been bleeding obvious to me (when I started: "Jesus Christ! Standard WA/WB just check call").

However, once in a while a heretical veiwpoint is offered and defended and, as is the way with the history of ideas, the dialectic that then takes place, develops and improves and sometimes transforms the standard orthodoxy for the benefit of all. Anything that obstructs this is dangerous and self-defeating.

And the other point about clearly good and established players being put off by being required to do more than simply register and post is incredibly valid. Shannon Storr recently posted in HSNL and MTTs but what, if for whatever reason, he wanted to post anonyomusly?

In short, an exclusive and closed intellectual community tends to lose its rigour.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:45 AM

I am not sure how I feel about the exclusivity of it or whatever, but I guess time will tell with how it goes.

FWIW though Justin, I will reccomend that in addition to MTT regs, you also pretty much insta add HS limit and HS NL regular posters, as well as the occasional poker celebs who post every now and then (Barryg, shannon shorr, etc etc).
Old 05-21-2007, 06:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW though Justin, I will reccomend that in addition to MTT regs, you also pretty much insta add HS limit and HS NL regular posters, as well as the occasional poker celebs who post every now and then (Barryg, shannon elizabeth, etc etc).

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP
Old 05-21-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

6. 2p2 started with a handful of us. if we kept it elite, it would still be only a handful of us and 2p2 would never be what it is today.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to think of myself as part of that handful as well (albeit the worlds biggest lurker) and FWIW I think this idea is very good. 2p2 is what it is today because its been able to evolve over the years and this is just another (fairly standard, actually) step.

It'll be interesting to see how the invite-only thing works out, but if there's one thing I'm sure of, the mods on this site aren't stupid. If something isn't working they'll just fix it. Give it a chance, see how it works out. I suspect it'll work out very well indeed.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not sure how I feel about the exclusivity of it or whatever, but I guess time will tell with how it goes.

FWIW though Justin, I will reccomend that in addition to MTT regs, you also pretty much insta add HS limit and HS NL regular posters, as well as the occasional poker celebs who post every now and then (Barryg, shannon shorr, etc etc).

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with this. If we are going to make it invitation only, I would include anyone you can think of who obviously knows what they are talking about, even if they are not MTT regulars.

I guess everyone knows what I think of this invitation only. This new forum is going to be so exclusive that I am going to be afraid to post something stupid there, provided I am invited to post at all.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess everyone knows what I think of this invitation only. This new forum is going to be so exclusive that I am going to be afraid to post something stupid there, provided I am invited to post at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
If the standards are so high that you can't post there, that's just ludicrous...but I don't think there's any real chance of that.

Since when have you been afraid to make a fool out of yourself to all these young 'uns anyway [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2007, 02:50 PM

betgo Im sure you were top 2 with bond18 as people justin gave permission to post.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:47 PM

yo mods,

time to announce the new forum properly? And get it in the forum list to the left? I bet 90% hasn't even noticed it's opened yet...

If plans are already in place, sorry. Just don't want it to fail due to lack of traffic.
Closed Thread