Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Libertarians
I consider myself a libertarian and agree with the pro-israeli stance more than the pro-palestinian one. 16 76.19%
I consider myself a libertarian and agree with the pro-palestinian stance more than the pro-israeli one. 5 23.81%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2007, 02:25 PM

Default Re: My Campus is getting shot up.

[ QUOTE ]
RE: Guy being carried in picture: i want to say he isnt dead but i cant imagine trained professionals carrying him in that manner otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought the same thing at first, but if it's just a leg wound (which it appears to be) it's not the worst thing they could do in a time of panic where they need to hurry while acting

again, they would not show that pic on the front page of every major news site if he were dead
Old 04-16-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
RE: Guy being carried in picture: i want to say he isnt dead but i cant imagine trained professionals carrying him in that manner otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a retired detective on FoxNews who said carrying people this way is standard. He said they do this in order to quickly evacuate wounded in case there is a second shooter, rather than leave the victim and themselves at risk waiting for an ambulance.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah thats why i didnt say anything for sure one way or the other. no experience with this kind of situation thank god.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone seen the video footage of while the shots were going off? I was literally yelling at my TV for the cops " [censored] DO SOMETHING " 3-4 cops are just walking slowly towards the building when shots are going off every other second. Also, I want to know more about the 7:30am shooting and the 911 call and also the email that was sent out to campus along the lines of "We are investigating a shooting on campus" and then nothing was cancelled, etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

SOP, they have to determine safe areas first. Otherwise you'll have wounded cops. You just don't go charging in/towards without knowing what the shooter has eyes on.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:27 PM

I really hope the shooter is not from an ethnic minority but i fear he is. they get enough [censored] as it is.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
engineering and science building, asian gunman... i know what it's like to be a science major... i'm just wondering if that has anything to do with this.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I though at first. I've never heard of a student reacting specifically this way, but there are hundreds of stories of engineering students having full on psychotic breaks from the stress. What a tragedy. The world is going more crazy but at least medical science is getting better and the people that were shot but not killed have a great chance of making full mental and physical recoveries.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:28 PM

I seriously doubt that they were worried about carrying bodies out if there was a shooter inside. That person is likely alive.

It might be "SOP" but [censored] that, cops with vests and guns should take charge over unnarmed, defenseless students who are locked in classrooms about to be literally executed.

Everyone in the administration should get jail time for this, what a [censored] joke.

"Virginia Tech president Charles Steger advised that since the semester is more than halfway over, the students who perished will not receive tuition refunds."

this is so f'n sick.

the first thing that the school does is screw the parents of victims? the whole incident isn't even over, and this [censored] comes up? so wrong
Old 04-16-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Virginia Tech president Charles Steger advised that since the semester is more than halfway over, the students who perished will not receive tuition refunds."

this is so f'n sick.

the first thing that the school does is screw the parents of victims? the whole incident isn't even over, and this [censored] comes up? so wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

I promise you that they will get their money back. The outrage would be so tremendous if they didn't.