Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 06:53 PM

Default Re: 2008 Presidential primaries thread

[ QUOTE ]
a quote from the linked article on Rudy almost made me cry.

What does she think about his stance on abortion? “Those issues don’t matter,” said Mercieri. “After 9/11, I’d vote for him in a second.”

Why, exactly? Because he was a good figurehead? He marketed himself well? In the right place at the right time and didn't cry in fear? This quote is like a microcosm of exactly how we vote for our presidents. Issue don't matter, speaking well and looking good are what count.

I will say, this might be the first election where i'm going to make a reasearch project out of it to decide who to vote fore (i've only voted once before, and that vote was painfully obvious)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you understand. He was mayor when 9/11 happened. Isn't that enough for your vultures?
Old 03-01-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What does she think about his stance on abortion? “Those issues don’t matter,” said Mercieri. “After 9/11, I’d vote for him in a second.”

Why, exactly? Because he was a good figurehead? He marketed himself well? In the right place at the right time and didn't cry in fear? This quote is like a microcosm of exactly how we vote for our presidents. Issue don't matter, speaking well and looking good are what count.

I will say, this might be the first election where i'm going to make a reasearch project out of it to decide who to vote fore (i've only voted once before, and that vote was painfully obvious)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you understand. He was mayor when 9/11 happened. Isn't that enough for your vultures?

[/ QUOTE ]

This sentiment has also ben bugging me. How long will be the protrayed as the 9/11 hero in the media. Will one of the other Rep. canidates challenge this view?

He did a hell of a job milking it in the aftermath. But wasn't he the one whom insisted on putting the emergency command center in the WTC after being advised it was a bad idea to put it in the number one terrorist target?
Old 03-01-2007, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I will say, this might be the first election where i'm going to make a reasearch project out of it to decide who to vote for (i've only voted once before, and that vote was painfully obvious)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he gets the nomination. It feels like he incorporates 9/11 into every conversation (war on terror - "9/11", fixing social security..."9/11", etc.).

He has so many skeletons in his closet that aren't widely known. One example - the writer of the article I linked asked some people in one of his southern audiences if they knew he lived with a gay couple after he left his wife. They were taken back, and there are many more stories that will come out.

Also, his campaign stops have been filled with hand-picked audiences a la GWB (full of firemen, police officers, etc.). Eventually, he'll have to face real audiences with tough questions, and then it'll get interested.

Pre-9/11, he was not well-liked in NYC. He was combatitive with the media, interest groups, etc. That won't play well to a national audience.

I'm done rambling.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I will say, this might be the first election where i'm going to make a reasearch project out of it to decide who to vote for (i've only voted once before, and that vote was painfully obvious)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he gets the nomination. It feels like he incorporates 9/11 into every conversation (war on terror - "9/11", fixing social security..."9/11", etc.).

He has so many skeletons in his closet that aren't widely known. One example - the writer of the article I linked asked some people in one of his southern audiences if they knew he lived with a gay couple after he left his wife. They were taken back, and there are many more stories that will come out.

Also, his campaign stops have been filled with hand-picked audiences a la GWB (full of firemen, police officers, etc.). Eventually, he'll have to face real audiences with tough questions, and then it'll get interested.

Pre-9/11, he was not well-liked in NYC. He was combatitive with the media, interest groups, etc. That won't play well to a national audience.

I'm done rambling.

[/ QUOTE ]

seems highly unlikely he doesn't.

McCain wont get it, neither will the mormon. So unless a total unknown emerges..its Rudy's for the taking.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:49 AM

i've completed my research. i'm voting for rudy.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:40 AM

I admit to being a total political knucklehead, but a friend just linked me to the website for Obama's church. Some may find it interesting. I'll let you form your own opinions:

http://www.tucc.org/about.htm
Old 03-05-2007, 01:51 AM

If Rudy doesn't win I'm crossing my fingers for El Diablo.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:44 AM

I love this idea below, anyone think public funding = 85 million per person is crazy though?

McCain, Obama Reach Fundraising Agreement
Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) joined Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) on "in promising to accept a novel fund-raising truce if each man wins his party's presidential nomination," reports the New York Times.

A spokesman for McCain said that he would agree to Obama's "proposal for an accord between the two major party nominees to rely just on public financing for the general election. Such a pact would eliminate any financial edge one candidate might have and limit each campaign to $85 million for the general election. The two candidates would have to return any private donations that they had raised for that period."

The Politico writes that "their pledges will also put some pressure on the other leading candidates from both parties to follow."
Old 03-05-2007, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I love this idea below,

[/ QUOTE ]

so transparent though dude.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:13 AM

Man are Republican's screwed in 08. They realize it too because they're focusing on taking back one of the congressional chambers over maintaining the white house in 08.

There are really only 3 Republican contenders for the nomination, and all of them have very serious problems with turning out the Republican base. The current frontrunner has pictures of himself in drag for chrissake. Contrary to media hype, swing voters only make up a very small portion of the population (and they don't vote as often)- to the degree that many times it's more important to turn out your base than appeal to swing voters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IrE6FMpai8

If one of those 3 Republicans wins, he's going to sign into law some liberal social policies. The only chance conservatives have of stopping them now is retaking one of the chambers of congress. Now you see why they didn't abolish the filibuster in the Senate after threatening to for 4 years.