Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2006, 12:57 PM

Default Re: *Official* Suggestions for Stars Thread

Keep the "autopost blind" checkbox always up so i have the option to uncheck it.

It should never be replaced by a 2nd "sit out next hand" checkbox.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:22 PM

Don't knwo if this has been said yet or not (I don't think it has)

But I'd love to see some HU cash games for all games / all stakes. 2-max or perhaps 3-max.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:09 PM

Default Re: How about IGM Pay???

[ QUOTE ]
I really doubt that Stars makes enough off of every supernova to be tossing around Bahamas vacations like that (including to Europeans and Australians).
Not to mention that not everyone would be able to participate at the designated time obviously.

I mean, I like the idea in general and would go in a heart-beat.
But I would also like it if Stars gave me $1000 for every 200 hands I play on their site.

It was mentioned recently that there will be additional bonuses for reaching 200k VPP's, 300k VPP's and so forth.
I guess they'll be announcing these in 2007?? Maybe we'll find out about them before then.

If one of those bonuses at 100k or 200k or whatever works for them financially is an OPTION to join-in at the 'Ultra-Awesome Bahamas SuperDuperNova Fiesta' at such-and-such date then you better believe I would be going for it.
And it would be way cooler if they actually called it the 'Ultra-Awesome Bahamas SuperDuperNova Fiesta' but that might be asking too much of them.

But they would probably have to have some sort of other prize at 200k or whatever level it is at for those who weren't able to go to this or simply weren't interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Bob,

I would like to see them take some (not all) of the weekly free roll values in use it towards the SupercalifragilisticexpialidociousNova Fiesta!

The Novas are generating a ton of revenue for Stars and I think Stars could pull off such an event costwise. I truly believe such an event would pay off for Stars for the longterm in loyalty building and also in encouraging many other players to play more to reach the SuperNova level.

You are right about any Novas that could not participate in the event would have to be offered some sort of equivalent value in it's place to keep everyone happy.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Keep the "autopost blind" checkbox always up so i have the option to uncheck it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't uncheck it in fast tables, that's why there is no autopost box.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

B2B had a "sit out next blind" checkbox, which would be a nice addition to those tables.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

B2B had a "sit out next blind" checkbox, which would be a nice addition to those tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you people ever played on Stars? Are you just totally retarded, or what?
Old 10-24-2006, 04:03 PM

Some other things on my wish list:

FPP SNGs that can be played for cash prizes. For example, SNGs that start at an 1500 FPP entry would translate to approximately to a $ 200.00 prize pool. Pay four places - First $ 100, Second - $ 50.00 Third & Fourth - $ 22.50

(Stars should charge their SNG fees out of the FPP value on these FPP SNGs so as not to cause them a loss of revenue on their regular SNGs.)

FPP "cash game" tables - players should be able to play on FPP only tables with their FPPs being the "cash". Stars could charge an FPP rake so it works for them costwise. This would give players the ability to accumulate FPPs for some of the larger ticket items.

FPP MTTs that pay out in cash on a very flat basis - For example, a 1500 FPP entry fee MTT that is limited to 250 players that pays out very flat. Prize pool would be in the $ 5,500 range. (allowing for Stars to charge an FPP fee for the tourney)

Payout could be as follows:

1st - $ 1,000
2nd - $ 500
3rd - $ 300
4th thru 9th $ 150
10th thru 27th $ 100
28th - 36th $ 50
37th - 58th $ 25

Naturally a wide variety of FPP tournies, SNGs and FPP "cash games" could be offered for varying FPP entry fees and FPP buy-ins to allow for larger payouts.

Could you imagine two Novas playing a $ 50,000 or $ 100,000 FPP HU match?
Old 10-24-2006, 04:28 PM

FPP tourneys sound decent to me.

Here's a bunch of others I thought of:

-- double-rebuy option in the rebuy tourneys. After you bust-out, it is very difficult to get in both rebuys before the next hand is dealt.

-- a checkbox for add-ons would be nice.
It's annoying to have to sit there and wait for the hands on all the other tables to finish before I am allowed to rebuy. I'm just stuck sitting there at the screen waiting for it to come up, and then I finally get to go pee.

In a real-life B&M tourney I can just say, "Double-rebuy" when I bust out.
and I can just leave my money on the table for my add-on and take my break when I'm out of the hand.

-- Live-straddles in cash-games could be a decent way to help induce action.

-- A check-box on the table for auto-mucking.
I always use this option by default. But every once in awhile I decide I want to show my hand. On Stars it is too complicated sometimes to have to go into the lobby and find the check-box for this in order to do this for just one hand.

-- Show one card is a feature that I think all sites should have.

-- SNG's and MTT's should have how much time is remaining at a given level ON the table itself, not just in the lobby.

-- A seperate lobby for 1-table SNG's is kind of silly as others have pointed out.

-- More than one SNG should be open at certain limits so you can sign-up for more than 1 at a time. The option, "Auto-register for next 8 $55 NLHE SNG's" or something like that would be HOT!!!! There might be some programs out there that do this for you though. I have only started to get back into SNG's again.

-- Main-lobby should NOT minimize every time you sign-up for an SNG.
If I want to 8-table SNG's then I am always having to re-open the main-lobby because it keeps minimizing every time I sign-up. Annoying!!!

-- Fix the structures in the turbo MTT's. Usually the stalling gets so bad that there is often-times only 1 or 2 hands per 5-minute level. It gets pretty ridiculous.
If you can analyze the situation properly it can be +EV for the thinking player. But it sure doesn't feel like real poker when it becomes such a stall-a-thon.
Instituting hand-for-hand play earlier would help solve this.
Or not allowing maximum stalling for each player somehow would also solve this.

Once again Stars, you're my favorite site and you guys do WAY more right than you ever get wrong.
And the stuff that you may be a little bit wrong about you are always looking to fix.

Thanks as well for the extra FPP bump and keep up the good work.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lee please change the payout structure for the million guaranteed for the one played today there are 6500 people and 900 people pay out very few multis pay out that high a percent of people and the biggest online multi should follow this. Most people would rather make a good return then break even more often. Please look into changing this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree strongly, the one thing that really sucks about huge field tournaments is the ginormous amount of variance in them. I'd like to see them payout at least 15% if possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me 2.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dont think its the 10/15/20 as the final table is very topo heavy in all of the formats. I personally dont mind the 10% format, but to see less go to the final table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, I think the most important thing I'd like to see is flatter payouts at the top three tables or so. Although, I suspect that's not what the fish want, and what attracts them is the most important thing.

I play a lot of sats for that reason, much lower variance.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you people ever played on Stars? Are you just totally retarded, or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been about 18 months since I was on a high-speed table, since it's been that long since I played holdem there. At the time it was a painful guessing game if you wanted to end a session on your blind. If they've already implemented a solution, then that's nice of them.

If they had high-speed (or "fast" now I guess) HORSE tables I'd be on them.