View Poll Results: QB
Brees @PIT 3 50.00%
Brady vs. NYJ 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2007, 06:26 PM

Default Re: Colts Pumping Artificial Noise into The Dome

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok I just watched the Faulk play and there is no angle shown on TV coverage that shows anything near as conclusive as you guys make it sound. Its all shown froim the line of scrimmage and the Pats are claiming there was contact with the back arm but you cant even see that arm on the TV coverage. If you have something conclusive I'd love to see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll watch it again when I get home, but I remember seeing the arm pulled, and the announcers agreeing that Brady was justifiably pissed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Simms definitely thinks its a penalty, and says so. The live shot and the one replay they show don't provide any conclusive evidence.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you're about right, somewhere around the 40.

i don't see how you can say a penalty is not a big deal when it directly impedes a likely scoring opportunity in a close football game. the basketball analogy has no place in the thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it does (BBall analogy). It's the same issue. In close spots, it takes more to get a penelty, that's as old as sports.

Lets put it this way (and I know this makes me the next Hitler) I'd say "Yeah you gotta throw that flag" if it was 10 yards closer. I know I know, I'm evil, but I think it's pretty obvious that almost all penelties are situational.

To relate this to something we all remember. In the 2003 AFCC game, a few Colts WRs (this play in particular it was a TE) got mauled and didn't get calls on the last drive of the game. Those calls were in close spots with the team driving, but if it had happend with 3rd and 20 (with Pollard about 5 yards past the LOS) I'd say the same thing I'm saying now "Eh I'm not upset with a no-call there". That is, I'd say that once I'd calmed down from yelling "OH THROW THE DAMN FLAG HE"S ALL OVER HIM". [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Cody
Old 11-06-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No one remembers a very obvious holding the refs let go uncalled on a 3rd down play that kept a patriots drive alive? That was worth 3points btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

viewing at home, it's awfully tough to nitpick holding calls. I'm sure there are plenty that go uncalled, it's nearly impossible to view in the jumble of lineman.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:30 PM

cody,

the reason your argument is wrong is that it IS a close spot. if he makes that catch we get a FG attempt. if he doesn't make it, we have to punt. that's a huge swing in a close football game.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No one remembers a very obvious holding the refs let go uncalled on a 3rd down play that kept a patriots drive alive? That was worth 3points btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

viewing at home, it's awfully tough to nitpick holding calls. I'm sure there are plenty that go uncalled, it's nearly impossible to view in the jumble of lineman.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, that one stood out (there were some comments on the game thread) because it was very close to where the play was developing and the two players involved were pretty much by themselves.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know if this is the one he's talking about, but there was one blatantly obvious holding non-call that favored the Pats. This was in (I think) the 3rd Quarter, when Brady scrambled around left end for a first down, and there was a defensive holding penalty that tacked on 5 yards. As Brady approached the line of scrimmage on the left, there was a Colts lineman (or possibly LB) who was roughly between Brady and an offensive lineman. He tried to run towards Brady (and away from the O-lineman) but literally could not move from the spot because he was being flagrantly held.

Of course, that was the only obviously bad call I noticed which favored the Pats, and I saw at least three that favored the Colts (though they weren't quite as ridiculous as some people are making them out to be).
Old 11-06-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I never do this, but the Patriots fans come off poorly in this thread. First of all, it should have been obvious that that noise was most likely a problem with CBS' audio -- I've heard the exact same problem (audio gets stuck in some kind of feedback loop, repeating itself and getting louder and more distorted with each pass) several times before. Usually all of the audio gets stuck, and sometimes it's accompanied by a similar problem with the video, but this is not a new problem, and I'd be surprised if you guys have never seen it happen before.

Second, how many non-Patriots fans in this thread were accusing the Colts of pumping in noise? Zero? One? How many Patriots fans in the thread were saying that it probably wasn't pumped in noise? Zero? One? How many of you guys who were all over the Colts as if the case were closed have come back and said something along the lines of "Sorry for jumping to conclusions, that was kinda foolish"? None, right?

Please, guys, examine your biases. I mean it, because this is not an isolated event. Remember the fallout from the cameragate nonsense? Every Patriots fan insisted that it was not a big deal and that it was getting blown out of proportion, while the vast majority of non-Pats fans thought it was a big deal. I happened to agree with you guys in this case that it was overblown, but I never once saw a Boston defender acknowledge that bias might have something to do with his opinion or that of other Patriots fans. Instead, most of them seemed to imply that everyone else was biased against the Patriots because they win so much.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-06-2007, 06:42 PM

Varlos have you seen those DPAR/DVOA #'s lately? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2007, 06:45 PM

Oy, why'd you have to go and bring that up? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] I thought I was making such a smart bet. . .
Old 11-06-2007, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when Brady scrambled around left end for a first down, and there was a defensive holding penalty that tacked on 5 yards. As Brady approached the line of scrimmage on the left, there was a Colts lineman (or possibly LB) who was roughly between Brady and an offensive lineman. He tried to run towards Brady (and away from the O-lineman) but literally could not move from the spot because he was being flagrantly held.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's the one