Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: % of your income from HLH?
Less than 10% 14 16.47%
10%-20 2 2.35%
21-50 15 17.65%
51-80 13 15.29%
80-99 13 15.29%
100 28 32.94%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-06-2007, 11:21 PM

Default Re: Full TIlt account frozen, stolen from genuine player.

Alan, be lucky that you got out of this deal with some of your bankroll. You're a crook and didn't get the punishment you deserved.

All of it should have been taken.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:26 PM

Actually, I am an partner in a commercial law firm with 17 years experience of commercial contracts and banking law.

I had written out a lengthy post on the English based jurisdictions rules on penalty clauses, cost indemnities, relief against forfeiture, unfair contract terms, equitable relief, money-laundering legislation and tipping off etc..

but on reflection if it boils down simply to this - if you seriously think OP could turn up in front of a judge in whatever jurisdiction FT has set out in its TOS and claim 'his money back' when the account is tainted by fraud (assuming FT can show criminal fraud by OP) then you haven't met many judges.

It is one thing to go to court to try to rely on a clause that permits confiscation of the entire account for a trivial breach of TOS (that is likely to fail), it is another to have a clause that applies to serious and intentional breach of TOS/cheating (like ZJ) - that is more likely to be upheld - and finally it's easy to go in front of a judge with evidence of money-laundering and involvement in actual criminal activity and convince the judge to uphold a clause that provides that the criminal gets none of his money back.

Even if there was some rule in the relevant jurisdiction that ruled out strightforward confiscation by the site, it's trivial to make sure that OP doesn't see a penny.
The smart way of doing it would be to carry out a full internal investigation to differentiate clean and dirty funds in the account and to obtain all required evidence and then to hand over verification to some very reputable and expensive outside law or accountancy firm.. then charge back all the costs to OP's account under a costs indemnity clause - anyone with any experience of insolvency practitioners will realise that they will happily work until all the 'spare'cash is gone..

As for the sarcastic question about signing a contract making your killing 'legal' the answer is yes, in certain jurisdictions that permit euthanasia and assisted suicide.

OP is very very lucky to get any of 'his' money back at all and I would far prefer it if he didn't..
Old 01-06-2007, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Alan,

There is a 100% chance that your "friend" called his CC after you beat him and canceled the transactions. Weather you knew this or not seems to be the question.

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]

i deposited with epassporte...nice try

[/ QUOTE ]

Gizzmouth: So this was a lie too?

Alan: You were directly involved with the scam. People don't go to great lengths to steal money and then just give it away cause they feel like it. You and your friend came here and told us a story that turned out (shockingly) to be lies. You continue to post as if we all think you did nothing wrong. We all know what you did.

I have no idea why FTP is giving you a penny back, consider yourself the luckiest scammer in the poker world.

Tuco.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My unsubstantiated gut feeling:
Batmanalan is usually honest. One day his friend contacts him and proposes a chip dump (for reason like i.e. "my mom can't know"). Batmanalan doesn't think of the fraud possibility. Batmanalan does not actually pay his friend, he plans to do that when the cash out has been processed. FTP finds out. Batmanalan gets worked up, since he feels innocent, but can't really say he knew it was a chip dump and feels he should keep his own money. FTP takes only his friend's money which he thus does not have to pay him. Batmanalan realizes he was stupid and is very happy he did not lose a dime.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, sound reasoning; this certainly is a realistic scenario
This would solve the mystery why batmanalan did not make a huge cash-out before the dump; because he did not know that risk was involved!
I'm moved, deeply moved; water come to me eye!
Old 01-09-2007, 11:09 PM

lol FTP is a joke. The "Friend" deposits money with the wrong routing number for 600.

Plays like a donk vs this guy, the guy wins but doesn't cashout.

FTP detectives say that have to audit(due to no funds from the e-check)

Closes e-fund guys account and takes 1/2 of the players funds when only 600 was involved in the initial transaction that shouldn't have went through to begin with.

Does FTP let any retard deposit money without verifying the account is legit?

And, did FTP give the rest of the money that the initial e-fund depositor won back to the people who lost to him?

I doubt it, now ftp is up a few grand.

Standard.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, I am an partner in a commercial law firm with 17 years experience of commercial contracts and banking law.

How about United States Law of online gaming? lol