Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 04:34 PM

Default Re: Halo 3 Chatter and XBL Gamertag Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know why I cant join open games or accept invites? Just started having this problem a few nights and its [censored] annoying since several of you have tried to invite me to games. The standard Xbox Live support answer to this problem of course didnt work so I'm waiting to hear what they come up with next.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is your NAT open? This has been known to cause issues w/ parties & matchmaking if not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you not read the part where I said the standard Xbox Live answer didnt work? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Yeah NAT is open, using a compatible router..also keep in mind that this isnt something that has been happening all along. I had no problem accepting invites until about 2 nights ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I obviously work for M$ and know that is the standard answer...

[/ QUOTE ]

Relax man, just a friendly little jab..
Old 10-19-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know why I cant join open games or accept invites? Just started having this problem a few nights and its [censored] annoying since several of you have tried to invite me to games. The standard Xbox Live support answer to this problem of course didnt work so I'm waiting to hear what they come up with next.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is your NAT open? This has been known to cause issues w/ parties & matchmaking if not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you not read the part where I said the standard Xbox Live answer didnt work? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Yeah NAT is open, using a compatible router..also keep in mind that this isnt something that has been happening all along. I had no problem accepting invites until about 2 nights ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU RELAX!!!!

Naw I'm just kidding, it was just a little jab back...
Old 10-19-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU RELAX!!!!

Naw I'm just kidding, it was just a little jab back...

[/ QUOTE ]

Teh internets is serious business..... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Anyhow, I just went and checked my router and sure enough I didnt have the necessary ports forwarded. This is actually really weird since I have no problems playing on Live at all and up until about 2 days ago I had no problem accepting invites. I'll see how it works later.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Okay, I massively suck. I'm like a .5 kill ratio. I think it's time for me to sit down and watch some of the video. A couple of my buddies kick pretty ass pretty well (although they have like 100x the FPS experience) so I think I'm going to study their video for tips. We played Team Slayer all last night and went on an 8-2 run after a mediocre start in our first dozen or so games. If I was even slightly better, we probably would have done much, much better. I'm glad they put up with my sucking, but I at least need to hold my own a bit more and have some positive kill ratios (maybe had 2 last night).

[/ QUOTE ]

DK,

Think you and I are in the same boat. My K/D is only .66, pretty sucky LDO. Let me know if you find any good vids. If you're ever on when Im on we can jump into some doubles to practice. Like you, I think I'm losing too many 1 v 1 battles. Many times its literally by a hair as I see the guys shields go down about a half second before he gets the killing blow/shot off on me.

I havent been on the last few nights because I've been putting down some new flooring in my house and been hella tired at night as a result. I should be on tonight though. Not sure when you are usually on but Im usually on about 10pm PST, which is pretty late obviously if you arent on the west coast.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, my K/D has crept up to .7 which is actually a pretty good increase considering how little I've played the past few days. My best map is High Ground, I usually pwn faces pretty hard on that one. Have no idea why, I just seem to do well there. Pit and Isolation are also pretty good to me. Narrows and Construct are pretty ho-hum for me and I flat out stink at Guardian though I'm getting better at it. But my absolute worst map is Snowbound. I basically turn into a Halo 3 retard on that map...

Anyhow, I should be breaking into the officer's ranks here pretty soon.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:08 PM

you better n00b! Bout to be a Captain!
Old 10-19-2007, 05:11 PM

I still outrank you in real life. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2007, 05:57 PM

What? You're higher than a captain in the military?!
Old 10-19-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still outrank you in real life. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]only in some circles!
Old 10-19-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What? You're higher than a captain in the military?!

[/ QUOTE ]

He said he is about to be a captain, which means I outrank him in real life. And next summer I will be a higher rank than a captain (Army / USMC / Air Force Captain, not a Navy Captain [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ). [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2007, 06:03 PM

colonel right?

You playin tonight Slim?