Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 12:20 PM

Default Re: lolz super accountz

I just don't think getting the story out will have a positive effect for anyone. Odds are the thieves will remain uncaught, and all that happens is that another mark is notched for the 'online poker is rigged' crowd.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:23 PM

Wild guess:

Does absolute write the tourney HH excel file in real time? Could someone have the access to the same excel file that waco recieved while it was being written in real time?
Old 10-15-2007, 12:46 PM

What do you get if you request hand histories from them right now?

Could Marco ask for the rest of the hh's from that tourney?
Old 10-15-2007, 12:47 PM

Random thoughts:

1) Awesome work Nat and Snaggle.

2) When floating this story to news outlets, there needs to be an emphasis on the fact that other sites haven’t had this problem.

3) I think AP or Reuters would definitely carry a story like this in their Technology sections.

4) Can someone demonstrate mathematically/logically why Absolute’s response re sample size is total bs? I think it's important to address that point.

5) teddyFBI, I sympathize with your interest in keeping this scandal focused, but the "recant" of the Mark Seif story strikes me as weak.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:11 PM

Old 10-15-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Random thoughts:

1) Awesome work Nat and Snaggle.

2) When floating this story to news outlets, there needs to be an emphasis on the fact that other sites haven’t had this problem.

3) I think AP or Reuters would definitely carry a story like this in their Technology sections.

4) Can someone demonstrate mathematically/logically why Absolute’s response re sample size is total bs? I think it's important to address that point.

5) teddyFBI, I sympathize with your interest in keeping this scandal focused, but the "recant" of the Mark Seif story strikes me as weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you people still want to publicize this in the mainstream? It's going to be awful for the public's trust of online poker. Average people can't differentiate between one site or another, they'll just think they're all cheating. Half the B&M fish already think this.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:21 PM

Alobar-

The goal isn't to put Abso out of business, it is to compensate aggrieved players and to work to have better security at the site. While I appreciate your concern for me playing at Abso, I play there because it would be wrong to let all those suckers keep there money. I have little faith in people like you or "the poker community" to gt my money back so the only thing i can do is to grind it back
Old 10-15-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alobar-

The goal isn't to put Abso out of business, it is to compensate aggrieved players and to work to have better security at the site. While I appreciate your concern for me playing at Abso, I play there because it would be wrong to let all those suckers keep there money. I have little faith in people like you or "the poker community" to gt my money back so the only thing i can do is to grind it back

[/ QUOTE ]

The goal absolutely should be to put them out of business or hugely damage them.

There needs to be consequences for something like this to ENSURE other sites don't allow it. THAT is the reason this should be discussed, passed around, etc.

This thread REALLY needs to be renamed - something like 'new more damning absolute evidence' would be way better.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:46 PM

man - do you guys who think this will dry up the games have any idea who you are playing against?

your money comes from sick gamblers. sick gamblers have to gamble - they don't care about it being fair. they know BJ is rigged and yet they pour billions into it. "recreational players" don't feed the poker economy, addicts do. addicts can't quit.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This thread REALLY needs to be renamed - something like 'new more damning absolute evidence' would be way better.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT, good thinking.
Closed Thread