FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: K-fed
yea 2 15.38%
nay 11 84.62%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2007, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Bonds bitter over departure from Giants

[ QUOTE ]
If Player A at this very second is injecting into his ass a substance that is on the MLB banned substances list and he does not have a prescription/release for it is he cheating?

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, now we're getting somewhere.....one more question though.....are we assuming that it is absolutely certain that Player A is in fact doing this, beyond all doubt, and it isn't just mere allegation?
Old 11-01-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ahhh, but you see, there is evidence outside of that testimony. If I was basing this just on a handful on paraphrases from a couple of reporters I would agree with you. But there is much more than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lemme guess...such as pictures, stats, and the "little things"?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Gary Sheffield quote, Greg Anderson sitting in jail rather than testifying, Andersons history, his mistress's alleged quotes, etc. The pictures are meh. He certainly looks bigger to me, but that does not mean anything. The stats by themselves are not damning, but when the two other people associated with that run are tainted (Sosa and McGwire) that certainly does not help his cause.

The bottom line of it all is that any of these things dont singularly indicate anything, but taken all together there is a lot of smoke to be no fire.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Player A at this very second is injecting into his ass a substance that is on the MLB banned substances list and he does not have a prescription/release for it is he cheating?

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, now we're getting somewhere.....one more question though.....are we assuming that it is absolutely certain that Player A is in fact doing this, beyond all doubt, and it isn't just mere allegation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, in this hypothetical situation we are watching him in person injecting into his ass a substance that is on the MLB banned substances list.

Is he cheating?
Old 11-01-2007, 03:39 PM

RedBean- I am on your side like a [censored], but this little "one more question" nonsense makes you look terrible, FWIW.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ahhh, but you see, there is evidence outside of that testimony. If I was basing this just on a handful on paraphrases from a couple of reporters I would agree with you. But there is much more than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

The "much more evidence" you cited is:

-the two authors told me he did.
-the two authors told me that Gary Sheffield said he did..
-Greg Anderson hasn't told me anything.
-his alleged mistress told me that Bonds told her that he did.
-Sosa and McGwire hit a lot of homeruns too.

And yet, despite the credibility and applicability of any of this evidence, as you admit in each case.....you somehow "add that all up", and decide that it becomes credible evidence, "as a whole"?

I mean, seriously....

Let me get this straight:

You're saying that reckless, unproven allegation does NOT equal credible evidence......in small quantity.

But...a BUNCH of unproven allegations suddenly and magically constitutes credible evidence, when taken as a whole.

Jesus Jumping Christ....

So the media blitz of allegations towards Bonds over the last 4 years...the allegations themselves have not been proven and are deemed to be unable to be viewed as factual......yet, because they are repeated over and over in large quantity......suddenly they are to be believed as true....

Yikes...
Old 11-01-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, in this hypothetical situation we are watching him in person injecting into his ass a substance that is on the MLB banned substances list.

Is he cheating?

[/ QUOTE ]

Definately.

And if me and you can prove what we saw, he'd be up to his elbows in trouble with MLB.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
RedBean- I am on your side like a [censored], but this little "one more question" nonsense makes you look terrible, FWIW.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's generally what hypotheticals are constructed to do, which is why I usually prefer to deal with the facts rather than oddball hypotheticals that aren't analagous to the actual situation.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:24 PM

From you:

[ QUOTE ]
Show me where I have said in definitive terms that Bonds did not use PED's, and I'll give every member of this forum head while doing handstands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some direct quotes from you:

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting...riddle me this...do you think Bonds cheated?

Because he didn't... but the media seems to have been pretty successful in solidifying that perception in the minds of many, despite it being far from the truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Aside from the fact that Barry never cheated

[/ QUOTE ]

So Barry never cheated. No chance of it.

But then, if he never cheated, it must be impossible for to have Bonds ever used a PED?

[ QUOTE ]
It's most definately possible.....hell, I've said that a million times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I guess Bonds could have been using PED's but not have been cheating, right?

Oops...I guess not:

[ QUOTE ]

Is he cheating?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Definately.

[/ QUOTE ]

So even if not caught, someone could theoretically have cheated.

So if you admit that their is a possibility that Bonds used PED's then you are admitting their is a chance that Bonds cheated, which seems to go against your previous comments.

Start doing handstands.

Because: possible PED use= possible cheating= BJ's for all.

Prediction: RedBean will break out the "it wasn't explicitly listed on the MLB banned substance list at the time" excuse.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If Player A takes PED's, but never gets caught, did he cheat?

[/ QUOTE ]

If Person B alleges Player A took PED's, but it has not been proven, did Player A cheat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just answer the question please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Psst...I answered yours, can you answer mine? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If Player A takes PED's, but never gets caught, did he cheat?

[/ QUOTE ]

If Person B alleges Player A took PED's, but it has not been proven, did Player A cheat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just answer the question please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Psst...I answered yours, can you answer mine? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. If that is the only evidence I don't see how you could come to a solid conclusion.