Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2007, 07:24 PM

Default Re: College Football Week 5

MT2R,

Are you hating on USF too? Or was that you not minding the Big East last year a fluke and you hate the conference?
Old 09-29-2007, 07:27 PM

Crazy week in CFB:

Oklahoma goes down -- I thought they were too good to blow a 2 touchdown lead to Colorado, but I guess not.

West VA loses to a solid USF team. I'm not that surprised as I never thought they were that good.

Rutgers -- eh. Maryland was okay against VA Tech earlier in the year, so not a HUGE upset. SUNJ was likely overrated as well.

LSU got a first half startle from Tulane. Purple jerseys = bad luck as every Tiger fan knows.

UF and USC have opponents they should beat the hell out of too...
Old 09-29-2007, 07:27 PM

nope...I'm just saying that no props to Auburn for their scheduling...way to mix in two teams predicted to be middle of the pack in their conferences at home along with the WAC and FCS team at home

no props for scheduling that
Old 09-29-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nope...I'm just saying that no props to Auburn for their scheduling...way to mix in two teams predicted to be middle of the pack in their conferences at home along with the WAC and FCS team at home

[/ QUOTE ]

Auburn has one of the toughest schedules in the country. Scheduling USF and KSU after they beat WVU and UT last year, both with returning QBs when Auburn already has road games against LSU, UF, UGA and Arkansas...well that's pretty strong. Auburn opens @ WVU next year by the way.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:30 PM

Gregatron,

I agree that SUNJ was overrated and I'm sure NCAA had alot to do with that, they want the New York market watching. I kind of felt that losing Clark Harris and Brian Leonard was going to be a bigger hit than people realized and last year was just a magical year for the team.

MT2R,

That's very good to hear, I love the college football talk we have and I love the Big East too much. Not to many people defend them. I enjoyed the Illini win today though, keep most of these PA kids off my back this week.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:35 PM

Is this OSU vs Minnesota game going to be a joke? I'm trying to figure out which game I want to put money on, just so I have a rooting interest in one of these night games.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:41 PM

Here's some logic chain fun for you:

Wyoming > Virginia > Georgia Tech > Clemson > Florida State > Colorado > Oklahoma
Old 09-29-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

West VA loses to a solid USF team. I'm not that surprised as I never thought they were that good.

Rutgers -- eh. Maryland was okay against VA Tech earlier in the year, so not a HUGE upset. SUNJ was likely overrated as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maryland hasn't played Va. Tech yet; you're thinking of West Va., who pounded them pretty bad at home. So . . .
Old 09-29-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Auburn has one of the toughest schedules in the country. Scheduling USF and KSU after they beat WVU and UT last year, both with returning QBs when Auburn already has road games against LSU, UF, UGA and Arkansas...well that's pretty strong. Auburn opens @ WVU next year by the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, sorry. Scheduling 8 home games and 4 road games doesn't give you any props whatsoever. Its a joke.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, sorry. Scheduling 8 home games and 4 road games doesn't give you any props whatsoever. Its a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's college football, why wouldn't a top program want 8 home games? I'm not entirely sure how the money works but a president of a university is going to tell his AD to get as much money as possible and home games = money usually.