Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 07:46 PM

Default Re: *Official* WSOPE London

from P5's:

Adam "A_Junglen" Junglen (right) is sitting with Jimmy "gobboboy" Fricke on his immediate left. Both play a style that involves being involved in a lot of pots and have been very active at the table. In a short sequence of hands around the table Adam or Jimmy were involved in almost every pot for 10 hands.

To start Adam opened for 3,300 from late position, was called by the big blind and on the QdiamondJheart9spade flop he bet 5,500 when it was checked to him. The other player then went all in for over 40k and Adam folded his hand.

Next hand Adam was back at it again, opening for his standard 3,300 with the blinds at 600 / 1,200 and a 200 ante. He was again called by the big blind and both players checked a 9 high flop. On the Tdiamond turn the big blind player led out for 5k and Adam folded.

When Adam was the player under the gun he raised to the usual 3,300 and Magnus Persson, in the cutoff position with around 200k, made the call. Adam started the hand with around 40k, and bet 5,500 of it on the AheartJdiamond8club flop and was called. With the 6heart on the turn Adam fired 14k and was called again. The 3heart was the river card and with only 16,800 left Adam pushed it all in. Persson went into the tank and finally counted out the chips to call. Once they were in the middle Junglen showed a flopped top two pair with the AspadeJclub and raked in the chips when Magnus mucked his hand.

After winning the pot Junglen had 82,600 and stayed active reraising preflop to take the next hand from the big blind position and then calling a raise to 3,600 when he was in the small blind the next hand. On the A-K-5 rainbow flop Adam check folded to a 5,100 bet.

While Adam was able to double up and pick up some chips in this sequence the next few hands weren't kind to Fricke. First he called a raise of 3,300 from the small blind and with 3 players to the Theart5heart3diamond flop Jimmy check called a 6k bet. The 7heart turn and 4diamond river were uneventful as Fricke and his one post flop opponent checked the hand down. Fricke showed the 8spade5spade for a pair of fives but was shown the QclubQdiamond by his opposition.

Adam then opened to 3,300 2 out of the next three hands to pick up pots uncontested, while Jimmy opened the other pot to 3,500 and had to fold when another player came over the top for 13,500.

After that sequence a few hands went by before Jimmy lost a chunk of chips to Matt Carter. After preflop betting Jimmy put out a stack of pink 5k chips that more than had Carter covered. Carter called with the flop showing Qheart6spade5club and showed his KclubKspade for an overpair while Fricke turned up his AheartKdiamond. The board filled out with the Jclub and the 4heart and with that Fricke matched the 25,300 all in bet and saw a large pot sent Carter's way.

After the hand Fricke looked to have around 70k left, well below his peak for the day of well over 100k.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:51 PM

48,100 at end of day. I had 135k at the dinner break. Got QQ once today and won a medium pot. TT twice and lost both. Nothing else above 66. I get repopped every time I open, never flop a pair... so frustrating. I have an insane image but never get the cards to make the most of it.

In adam's bustout hand I would've flopped top boat with 66. The guy slowrolled adam too.

I'm so frustrated right now.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:57 PM

i was on life tilt railing this.

actually, i'm still on lifetilt
Old 09-13-2007, 08:01 PM

what were the details of the junglen ak bustout hand? was it a standard calloff or was it pretty bad? style of other guy? those spots just always seem so clear live in person
Old 09-13-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm so frustrated right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

you have a day to get yourself together. You can do it.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:09 PM

gobboboy limps, 2 more limpers very aggro dude makes it 6k at 600/1200/200 AJ 3-bets to 22k with 65k behind, folds to aggro dude who shoves AJ tanks a little and calls.

villain slowrolls smiling at the crowd. i sigh really hard cos he has to have aa.

or the pokernews report: AK vs AA AI PREFLOP. ZOMG ZOMG JUNGLEN BUSTS OUT!!!!!!!1111111111
Old 09-13-2007, 08:12 PM

[X] adam called off 100 x BB with just A-K?

I know you're all supportive here but will someone say something other that "ul man"?
Old 09-13-2007, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I know you're all supportive here but will someone say something other that "ul man"?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I called off 50bbs getting > 2:1.

*shrug* *eyeroll*, oh well.

I'm pretty confident in how I played all day.

gl guys, I'm flyin home tomorrow
Old 09-13-2007, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ ] math
Old 09-13-2007, 08:17 PM

gg junglen live poker sucks.

me connor and schaefer heading out now connor won a little tourney on ftp so the youngin buying drinks.