Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2007, 09:37 PM

Default Re: PGA Championship Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I did start to like the AMEX rocker girl a bit tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

this may be the first thing we've ever agreed on, Bill. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

however, the other Amex commercial with Shaun White. that is [censored] awful. Man Utah's STILL gettin' dumped on. Word is, this is just the tip of the storm, Canada's getting POUNDED.

What're you doing here, eh?? I hear there's a HUGE storm in Japan!

[chinawoman speaking chinatalk] Norway???

Yo there's a huge storm in Italy.

[surf's up in maui c u tmrw]

worst [censored] ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, that [censored] commercial was on at LEAST 100 times during the week.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:02 PM

Was Tiger wearing a bathrobe during his press conference?

Sure looked like it.

Just once I want to hear him respond to a retarded question with "no, playing on Sunday in a major is not hard. Sitting here answering dumbassed questions like that, that's hard."
Old 08-12-2007, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know haters hate but how can you not enjoy watching greatness. It will be a very long time before someone like Tiger comes along again. We are lucky just to be able to watch Tiger play.

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh, Tad Fujikawa says hello.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's funny.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ET,

Your Tiger Woods hatred is unhealthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

MY Tiger Woods hatred? I don't hate, baby, I just call it like I see it. I acknowledge his consummate skill and all that, so where's the problem?

if you want haters, just look for the esads, Bitchos and Clarkmeisters of the forum who are all members of that anti-Phil crowd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it started off like that, but I think it's driven you to hate him. I don't think the Phil haters are any better.

[/ QUOTE ]

nah, I don't hate him. I just would rather see anybody else win. the Phil-haters are very different in their mission statement.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope I'm not alone in thinking that Oosterhuis and Feherty are the absolute two best broadcasters they have (well, Faldo now too.)

[/ QUOTE ]
Euro bias FTW, it appears. Very befitting of your username.

One of the first threads I started in this forum addressed the announcers. Link. I was surprised by the support that McCord got, and poor Bob Murphy, LOL. I like the guy a lot but not enough to vote for him. In general I like all the non-McCord announcers, and even despise him less the last year or two. Dottie Pepper should have been in that poll too, she's really done a nice job for NBC.

Also, surprised at all the Clampett hate that's been in this forum, and the lack of Gary Koch love. Sure "better than most" is totally played out, but the guy knows his stuff big time.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Phil-haters are very different in their mission statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are lots of golfers I would rather have lose than Phil. For example, in last year's US Open had there been a playoff with Phil and Monty, I would've been 100% rooting for Phil. Granted, he's not top on my list, but he's not at the bottom either.

Frankly, my dislike for him is the same as when I disliked Greg Norman. Ooodles of talent wasted due to thickheadedness with respect to course management. As much as he knows about golf history, and then watching Tiger firsthand as Tiger put on clinic after clinic on how to get around a major course setup, it shouldn't have taken as long as it did for Phil to finally figure it out. And once he did figure it out, which by his own admission he did, something like the 06 Open should've been impossible.

By comparison, I never disliked Freddy because Freddy openly didn't really care so his wasted talent isn't a big deal. But Phil with all his talent and all his wins obviously did, but then just pissed away several great opportunities (like Norman) because he was going to prove he could win "his way".
Old 08-13-2007, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I never disliked Freddy because Freddy openly didn't really care so his wasted talent isn't a big deal. But Phil with all his talent and all his wins obviously did

[/ QUOTE ]

This is where you crossed from silly to wacko-rama, imo. You don't need a reason to hate, and sometimes the less you try to explain the better.

He's had a pretty nice career. Probably end up top 10 all time career wins. Window of opportunity is still open at Augusta, PGA and to pick up an open. Chance to join only five others with a career slam isn't out of the question. Played well enough to win a couple US Opens and got beat. Beat himself once, yes (I guess you woulda hated Arnie and loved Jack?) Put himself in contention many times. But just a huge underachiever.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm interested to know why Elin and Sam were in the scorer's hut, a location off-limits to everybody except players, caddies and officials.

BO

[/ QUOTE ]

the same reason Tiger's ball never gets jailed behind trees and movable obstructions somehow become immovable when Tiger's ball finds one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Euro,
you are now more annoying than Butcho. I know you are severely incensed cuz' your boy, Tiger has just won, just now please STFU.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:39 AM

anyone notice tiger mark his ball while it seemed to be on the fringe on like no 6 or round abouts??

he was really really close to the fringe, but i guess he is tiger so he can cheat if he wants.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I never disliked Freddy because Freddy openly didn't really care so his wasted talent isn't a big deal. But Phil with all his talent and all his wins obviously did

[/ QUOTE ]

This is where you crossed from silly to wacko-rama, imo. You don't need a reason to hate, and sometimes the less you try to explain the better.

He's had a pretty nice career. Probably end up top 10 all time career wins. Window of opportunity is still open at Augusta, PGA and to pick up an open. Chance to join only five others with a career slam isn't out of the question. Played well enough to win a couple US Opens and got beat. Beat himself once, yes (I guess you woulda hated Arnie and loved Jack?) Put himself in contention many times. But just a huge underachiever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got the same complaint about Phil that he does. He's lost a lot more majors than just one US Open from over-aggressive play. When he pin-seeks with a 3-iron into a guarded pin and then talks about bad luck when he misses the green, I can't root for him. It looked like he was starting to play smarter a couple of years ago and I liked watching him play, even rooted for him a bit, then the US Open disaster showed that he'll never change his stripes.