Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 01:41 PM

Default Re: \"Jesus\" advises Yang to stiff dealers?

yup fair enough.

I'm pretty kean on the electric machines though. No tips, no misdeals, fasters, and harder to collude. Once you get over the thing of not having cards in front of you, it'll be ok. I may just bring two aces to hold in my hand [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2007, 01:43 PM

I have never been a dealer, but it looks pretty easy to me, and I have noticed that the dealer gets $1-3 after almost every hand, sometimes more for a huge pot.

I would imagine the average dealer in a cash ring game gets $30 per hour in tips alone. I'm sure pkrpine is going to say that's "misleading" too, but whatever.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:47 PM

The problem here is Yang can figure out how to win a trny with 6k+ people but he needs advice on what to do with a tip afterwards. Why was CF there in the first place.When Yangs agent asked him to be there He could and should of said Yang figured out a way to win now he can figure out what to do with your $$. Goes to show these pro poker players dont have much of a life outside of gambling. I wonder if Tiger asks Mickelson what to tip his caddy after he wins a trny. Highly doubt it.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:52 PM

Go to school, work a full week, get paid what you deserve. There's no charity in life, and I applaud Ferguson for telling Jerry as much...
<font color="blue">whose rules are they? school/done, full week of work/check, get paid what i deserve/i think so, why dont you? just because i chose a job that makes me happy and pays me very well, you feel the need to put it down....i still dont understand.. so you must have a boreing job with horrible pay cause that proves you are more socially acceptable than i am and it must mean that you are a better human being than me right? Is that why you belittle my career choice?</font>
Old 07-20-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have never been a dealer, but it looks pretty easy to me, and I have noticed that the dealer gets $1-3 after almost every hand, sometimes more for a huge pot.

I would imagine the average dealer in a cash ring game gets $30 per hour in tips alone. I'm sure pkrpine is going to say that's "misleading" too, but whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is pretty easy to be a dealer in a room that is forced by market conditions to hire less than qualified dealers. Generally the dealers that are the very best are also the most likely to leave poker because they are able to do other things.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Go to school, work a full week, get paid what you deserve. There's no charity in life, and I applaud Ferguson for telling Jerry as much...
<font color="blue">whose rules are they? school/done, full week of work/check, get paid what i deserve/i think so, why dont you? just because i chose a job that makes me happy and pays me very well, you feel the need to put it down....i still dont understand.. so you must have a boreing job with horrible pay cause that proves you are more socially acceptable than i am and it must mean that you are a better human being than me right? Is that why you belittle my career choice?</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm making fun of the idea that you can complain about tips for throwing cards around the table, yes. And you'll notice that most people in this thread aren't disagreeing with me. It's not impossible to imagine that I could get a 13 year old to deal poker well. I think in 3 months I could get the average 13 year old to deal most poker games. It stands to reason that in a job that is so simple and requires so little schooling, it's very bad karma to complain about anything above and beyond 30$/h. I don't know how many other ways I can spell it out to you.

[ QUOTE ]
yup fair enough.

I'm pretty kean on the electric machines though. No tips, no misdeals, fasters, and harder to collude. Once you get over the thing of not having cards in front of you, it'll be ok. I may just bring two aces to hold in my hand [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
and you are supporting long lines at the umemployment office too, bravo, what a great guy you must be

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, you were acquitting yourself so well when you first got into this thread. You really shouldn't have let things degrade to this point [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yup fair enough.

[/ QUOTE ]
and you are supporting long lines at the umemployment office too, bravo, what a great guy you must be

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it takes people to build those machines, service them, and assist with them. And the people building them and servicing them will have degrees. It's like parking lots. Eventually people knew you wouldn't need to have a guy there all the time. It's called progress.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yup fair enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it takes people to build those machines, service them, and assist with them. And the people building them and servicing them will have degrees. It's like parking lots. Eventually people knew you wouldn't need to have a guy there all the time. It's called progress.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about those jerks who invented cars?? They put all the horse 'n' buggy drivers out of business!
Closed Thread