Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2007, 09:23 PM

Default Re: Another stupid ethics question

Dali,

You thought he was "kidding" about no flips? wtf.

There is a clear difference in the blind give back situation where CTS asks for his blind. He is asking for a blind that he is about to give away back before he gives it away. This occurred at the breaking of a table, not the starting of a table. The other guy clearly didn't intend/want to post against CTS. You posted when he was sitting down with autopost clicked, alone. Your reasons for posting, whatever they are (getting his attention to ask him a question?) really don't matter. Why you would have clicked autopost is similarly beyond reason. When you join a game with a player alone on a table, and post blinds, the assumption of the other player not only should be, but must be, that you intend to play poker.

This is all without even the incredibly common public knowledge that CTS does not do flips. To attempt to impose such ridiculous "rules" about these situations would be totally ridiculous, for reasons beyond just that you are wrong. Whether or not you give back blinds in "similar situations" to friends or randoms is also totally irrelevant - though I find it hard to accept that you've been in many situations where someone accidentally joined your table where you've been sitting alone with auto post checked.

Also, I'm gonna go out on my own here and say that I have no problem with CTS putting the fact that it was you in the thread title. I don't believe this "outed" you, since I didn't see him posting your screen name. I also don't believe he can be held responsible for the "troll fest and whatever" that follows in to posts about you. That's the problem of the trolls or whatever. The mods of this forum should, in my opinion, be loose with their words and bannings when people are doing nothing more than harassing.

However, for a guy who constantly harps on the immaturity of everyone who detracts from you, you clearly need to grow up quite a bit yourself. The thing that you have going for you is that you at least know that.

citanul
Old 01-19-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
for a guy who constantly harps on the immaturity of everyone who detracts from you, you clearly need to grow up quite a bit yourself. The thing that you have going for you is that you at least know that.

[/ QUOTE ]
how has he demonstrated in any way that he "at least know[s] that"?
Old 01-19-2007, 09:34 PM

mike,

he's posted to the effect many times. does that mean it stops him from behaving immaturely, or mean he is working on his problem? no.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Thought he was kidding.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? Dude, you are a [censored] RETARD.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. Thought he was kidding.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? Dude, you are a [censored] RETARD.

[/ QUOTE ]

see, for instance, this should result in a temporary banning.

c
Old 01-19-2007, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dali,

You thought he was "kidding" about no flips? wtf.

Citanul,

Dali thought CTS was kidding about not giving the blind back, not about flipping. There's a huge distinction there and it makes a big difference.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

dali, cts was doing triumph the favor, do you understand that? it was triumph who didn't want to play, so instead of raising triumph's blind and stealing it, cts agreed not to play.

and stop being a judgmental, holier-than-thou a-hole. what aspect of coke/hookers/underage-gambling is "immoral," exactly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, now I KNOW you're kidding. if not, here's the definition of "immoral";, and since necessary, "moral"

immoral-Contrary to established moral principles.

1. Of or concerned with the judgment of the goodness or badness of human action and character: moral scrutiny; a moral quandary.
2. Teaching or exhibiting goodness or correctness of character and behavior: a moral lesson.
3. Conforming to standards of what is right or just in behavior; virtuous: a moral life.
4. Arising from conscience or the sense of right and wrong: a moral obligation.
5. Having psychological rather than physical or tangible effects: a moral victory; moral support.
6. Based on strong likelihood or firm conviction, rather than on the actual evidence: a moral certainty.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he's been photographed doing blow off a hooker's breast in LV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh...

to be young.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:40 PM

i was gonna type out a lengthy response to try to explain to you how prostitution, recreational drug use, and gambling under a certain age are all arbitrarily designated "wrongs"; how, depending on locale and era, various forms of the aforementioned are or may have been completely fine and dandy. i was gonna ask if my playing pai-gow with my grandfather and uncles when i was 8-yrs-old made me immoral, if my smoking pot in college made me immoral, and if those things now make me somehow less competent to comment on the ethics of gambling brought up in this thread, but you know what, this pretty much sums it up:

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, you are a [censored] RETARD.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-19-2007, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i was gonna type out a lengthy response to try to explain to you how prostitution, recreational drug use, and gambling under a certain age are all arbitrarily designated "wrongs"; how, depending on locale and era, various forms of the aforementioned are or may have been completely fine and dandy. i was gonna ask if my playing pai-gow with my grandfather and uncles when i was 8-yrs-old made me immoral, if my smoking pot in college made me immoral, and if those things now make me somehow less competent to comment on the ethics of gambling brought up in this thread, but you know what, this pretty much sums it up:

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, you are a [censored] RETARD.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Paigow for pennies with gramps =/= Felony underage gambling in LV
smoking pot =/= doing cocaine
you had no "comparison" to a hooker, but maybe you once bought a girl dinner to get her in bed, so
finger banging Mary Jane Rottencrotch after a burger =/= a hooker
Mikech =/= intelligent