View Poll Results: Would You Participate in a weekly Prison Break discussion
Yes 21 77.78%
No, I watch the show but wouldnt participate 4 14.81%
No, Don't care! 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2007, 11:28 PM

Default Re: Stars VIP Wild speculation

[ QUOTE ]
I think it would make more sense to offer the cash-bonuses for the SN's only.
"Get to SN level and receive a free $100 cash-bonus each month."

On the regular cash-bonuses that people purchase it is my 100% uneducated hunch that they will keep them exactly the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was also assuming the FPP rates for the cash bonuses would remain the same, thanks for your thoughts MicroBob.

As a part-time player, I'm considering maaaaayyybbeee making a run at SN next year, although it might take a good chunk of the year for me to get there (maybe as much as 10 months).

As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, will there be any adjustments on the FPP prices of some of the things in the store (electronics come first to mind) anytime soon?
Old 10-09-2007, 11:48 PM

You can get electronics through the one-call gift-card or through the concierge service assuming they lept that. You do not have to pay the over-inflated FPP prices on the monitors and what-not in their store.

SN really is not that hard to get. If you play low enough stakes or not enough tables so that is fine too of course.

But obviously the value of SN lies in the accrual of FPPs AFTER you get there. Just getting there alone is not that big a deal although it does carry into the next year while you keep earning them of course.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:53 AM

I really like my Supernova + idea.

In the other thread most of the players suggested and got extremely excited about the idea of having a higher multiplier somewhere in the 600k-800k range.

IMO if the freerolls were completely scrapped and the value were added to the existing items in the program as follows:

<font color="blue">Supernova Elite 1,000,000 VPP
500% FPP bonus
2 12k live tournament packages
WCOOP Main Event seat</font>

<font color="green">Supernova Plus 750,000 VPP
400% FPP bonus
1 12k live tournament package</font>

<font color="orange">Supernova 100,000 VPP
350% FPP bonus
3 seats in the ($215) Sunday Million</font>

And the milestone bonuses could be redone as follows:
200,000 VPP &gt; $2,000
300,000 VPP &gt; $3,000
400,000 VPP &gt; $4,000
500,000 VPP &gt; $5,000
<font color="purple">600,000 VPP &gt; $6,000 </font>

IMO this would be $$$ much better well spent by Stars.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:01 PM

I like this. I'd vote for it even if we lost the 3 Sunday Million seats.

In order of importance.

1. Increased multiplier at 500k
2. Extra milestone at 600k

3. Plus tournament package (I think this one would be hard to get as a lot of people make it to 500k so it is a pretty big cost. I think a WCOOP ticket is more realistic)
Old 10-10-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like this. I'd vote for it even if we lost the 3 Sunday Million seats.

In order of importance.

3. Plus tournament package (I think this one would be hard to get as a lot of people make it to 500k so it is a pretty big cost. I think a WCOOP ticket is more realistic)

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you missed that there's not an extra milestone at all.

The $7,500 at 750kVPP has been replaced by the $6,000 at 600kVPP. IMO, this probably won't change the cost of the milestones at all. A few more players might reach that mark, but the fact that the bonus is worth less will probably even it out.

The increased multiplier is pretty big and will enable those that reach the same mark the next year an additional $5,625. Sexy.

The tournament package would be for 750kVPPs, as is the multiplier, so there would probably be less players reaching that point than you thought if it were 500k. IMO this is where a chunk of the freeroll money is going. And the marketing appeal would be pretty huge. I guarantee you would see players really pushing themselves over this (although most probably won't make it). Plus Stars wins when all of those shirts and hats are on T.V. I haven't seen the EPT, but if it is presented similar to the WSOP (with all the player interviews and whatnot) Stars would win big. (I got a free entry that cost me $0 just for playing at PokerStars!!!)
Old 10-10-2007, 12:23 PM

Henry (and others),

In your humble opinion, how many players do you expect to reach the 750k mark if this structure was implemented?

My wild guess would be be about a hundred. But even if it were more, Stars is still making money off of all the players that reach this level because the rake paid is still much &gt;&gt;&gt; the promtional rewards.

Also, I'm down with scratching the Sunday Million seats for regular Novas.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd vote for it even if we lost the 3 Sunday Million seats.

In order of importance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes sense. Eliminating the freerolls, scrapping ALL SuperNova incentives for those between 100k-200k, then re-allocating the $s saved exclusively to Novas in the 500K+ VPP range probably doesn't benefit you, but it is clearly the most fair and equitable solution for the majority of SuperNovas, as well as the best way for Stars to spend marketing $s . (New players and SuperNovas below 200k are not that bright usually, so they probably wouldn't notice anyway.)
Old 10-10-2007, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Makes sense. Eliminating the freerolls, scrapping ALL SuperNova incentives for those between 100k-200k, then re-allocating the $s saved exclusively to Novas in the 500K+ VPP range probably doesn't benefit you, but it is clearly the most fair and equitable solution for the majority of SuperNovas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Players who are reaching 750k+ VPP are paying A TON more rake than the 100K VPP guys, so what is wrong with more rewards going towards them?
Old 10-10-2007, 12:32 PM

I didn't realize the 750k milestone was gone. That is a pretty big gap with no milestone. The added multiplier would make up for that though.

The big benefit from sending that many people to an event is that with so many people it increases the odds of someone making it pretty deep in the tournament which would be great publicity. I think Moneymaker's win was a big windfall for Stars and online poker in general.

I don't work and and am too young to have a family so I like the idea. What about people who have families and jobs? I don't know enough to comment but something that would be a concern.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The big benefit from sending that many people to an event is that with so many people it increases the odds of someone making it pretty deep in the tournament which would be great publicity. I think Moneymaker's win was a big windfall for Stars and online poker in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding!

Chris Moneymaker turned $40 into a WSOP ME win.

Imagine the publicity Stars gets when one of their players wins a major from a free seat.

Interviewer: "So how much did you spend to get into the tournament?"
Player: "Nothing. Stars gave me a free seat because I play at their site so much."

This year I'm gonna make about 500,000VPP. And I play a lot. But if Stars had a package like this for the 750 mark I would try my hardest to get there.