Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2006, 04:58 PM

Default Re: How about IGM Pay???

[ QUOTE ]
You know, if they were to do a supernova only tournament, how about a supernova only cash game for those who don't like tournaments?

Give everyone some FPP to dollar conversion, make the blinds and antes known from the start, let folks convert as much as they desire. Have them all gather at say the Bike and film it for LATB.

In order to prevent folks from just ditching the game and taking the cash, require that the money be at the table for a certain length of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey HSB,

I think you have hit on something here. Instead of a SuperNova free roll tourney, it would be billed as the Super Nova "party".

SuperNovas would receive a 3-4 day all expenses paid trip for two somewhere in the Caribbean or some place simlar and then they would have the following options:

1. Play in a free roll with the value being set at say 1k per entrant provided by Stars. If 250 Novas elect this option, this would be a 250k free roll.

2. Play in a cash game (limit or no-limit)with an intial buy-in of the 1k provided by Stars. As you indicated a player could not just leave with the money, they would have to play for so many hours or lose a certain percentage before being able to walk away feom the table. After a specified time period, stakes would be raised, players could continue to play at the higher stakes or walk away. Players would have the option to put their own money at risk as well. Stars could keep records and a cash player "king" of the Novas could be crowned for both limit and NL as well as the winner of the free roll tourney.

These winners would be publicized at their site as well as the "party" itself and I would think you would see the number of Novas increase dramatically so they could play in next year's event. A good time for all, a great marketing tool for Stars and a very nice thank you for their highest volume players.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:05 PM

I really doubt that Stars makes enough off of every supernova to be tossing around Bahamas vacations like that (including to Europeans and Australians).
Not to mention that not everyone would be able to participate at the designated time obviously.

I mean, I like the idea in general and would go in a heart-beat.
But I would also like it if Stars gave me $1000 for every 200 hands I play on their site.

It was mentioned recently that there will be additional bonuses for reaching 200k VPP's, 300k VPP's and so forth.
I guess they'll be announcing these in 2007?? Maybe we'll find out about them before then.

If one of those bonuses at 100k or 200k or whatever works for them financially is an OPTION to join-in at the 'Ultra-Awesome Bahamas SuperDuperNova Fiesta' at such-and-such date then you better believe I would be going for it.
And it would be way cooler if they actually called it the 'Ultra-Awesome Bahamas SuperDuperNova Fiesta' but that might be asking too much of them.

But they would probably have to have some sort of other prize at 200k or whatever level it is at for those who weren't able to go to this or simply weren't interested.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:12 PM

Let's assume I have a small shop in town that sells fruits. Let's also assume that in 2 weeks, I am going to get a shipment of the juiciest, nicest, tastiest oranges that can be found. The only downside of this oranges is that they have to be enjoyed no later than 3 days after I get them.

What is my best strategy to sell ALL of my oranges? To put an add in the local paper and tell everybody about the oranges and when they will be in stock, knowing that people will be queuing in front of my shop the day of their arrival or tell a customer every now and then about some nice product I will be getting sometime in the future and probably see half my stock gp to waste after 3 days?

Same thing about Stars, people that are expecting the new "additinal bonuses for 200/750K hands" are going to be disapointed. It can impossible be otherwise. If it was some fantastic bonus offer, Stars would be advertising about it everywhere in details, so players would play all they can to make SN this year and not regretting next year that they didn't make it and it is too late by then anyway.

Just a question of common sense.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:08 PM

Default Re: *Official* Suggestions for Stars Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Lee please change the payout structure for the million guaranteed for the one played today there are 6500 people and 900 people pay out very few multis pay out that high a percent of people and the biggest online multi should follow this. Most people would rather make a good return then break even more often. Please look into changing this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree strongly, the one thing that really sucks about huge field tournaments is the ginormous amount of variance in them. I'd like to see them payout at least 15% if possible.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:12 PM

Remove some of the horse sitngo options. These things do not have a very large player pool, and since all of the new options have been added it is even harder to get one started than it was before. The 15+1s have made the 32+3s harder to start, and the non-turbos take 2 hours to finish.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lee please change the payout structure for the million guaranteed for the one played today there are 6500 people and 900 people pay out very few multis pay out that high a percent of people and the biggest online multi should follow this. Most people would rather make a good return then break even more often. Please look into changing this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree strongly, the one thing that really sucks about huge field tournaments is the ginormous amount of variance in them. I'd like to see them payout at least 15% if possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me 2.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me 2.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dont think its the 10/15/20 as the final table is very topo heavy in all of the formats. I personally dont mind the 10% format, but to see less go to the final table.
Old 10-24-2006, 04:05 AM

Have the option to auto-position the table so that I sit at in the bottom-center, regardless of the seat number in SNG's.

Full-Tilt has this option and it helps when I'm playing a few tables at the same time.

Thanks
ICMoney
Old 10-24-2006, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Have the option to auto-position the table so that I sit at in the bottom-center, regardless of the seat number in SNG's.

[/ QUOTE ]
Right click and "sit here", this option has been there for a long time now.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:03 AM

Sweet Deal

Thanks for the tip

ICMoney