View Poll Results: What would you do with AA here
All-in 7 43.75%
Fold 8 50.00%
Call 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 10:09 PM

Default Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

Well dsl in Thailand is overloaded. They split a line and share it with 50 people. If you pay $500 a month they will give you your own line.

On my dsl line I get SUPER FAST speeds at really strange hours when nobody else is using my line. I imagine that if you paid the $500 then these speeds would be all day long.

I dont think you can get it on Koh Tao though. Everything is kinda shaky there. Koh Tao is very nice. Samui is decent as well and very close so you can hop over there anytime you want.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:11 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 09-28-2006, 10:12 PM

HAha great story.

After comming to Thailand I had no interest in western women.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could you get 10 lines for 100 a month and have 20% of the bandwith?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kind of. You can pay $100 and get a line that is shared by less people so you will get higher speeds.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:30 PM

Ah, i have finally read the whole thread.
Great info, thanks Degen!

Me and four friends are planning a vacation down there and i have a questions for you.

Where in Thailand do you recommend us to live? I think my friends prefer to rent a house, or live in a hotel at the same place the whole time(1 month at least) and then take trips from there to see other places. We need internet to play poker.

Do you got any specific houses or hotels to recommend? How do we get in touch with them if you do?

We are not only looking for nightlife, it would be cool to try things like surfing, diving and stuff like that if you know what i mean.

Thanks,
Per
Old 09-28-2006, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am certain he was joking about the abuse, or at least mostly joking.

Also however him and his wife are in their own home, as long as she is happy, is none of your [censored] business. Lay off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was that a joke? Forgive me but when people demonstrate terrible character it tends to agitate me. I don't like wife beaters either, I guess that might make me out of line too.

But on more pleasant notes, this has been a really good thread that I've really enjoyed reading. <3 Degen.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it was not a joke. I'm sick of people giving him [censored] for that. The guy is about to have his one year anniversary with his wife but people keep talking about him like he mistreats her or something...if she wasn't happy i'm sure she would leave.

Your welcome for the thread, but please leave grandgnu alone about that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Bill, no big, but thanks for sticking up for me. Most of the people who bring up that past thing are just giving me a hard time, in a joking way.

The person in this thread calling me disgusting is entitled to their puritanical views, however misguided they may be compared with the way things are across the world.

Anyway, sorry for the thread-hijack.......back to Thailand:

QUESTION FIVE: The club scene. The wife and I enjoy bump n' grind music, not really into dancing to the hyper-techno stuff. I'm assuming that bump n' grind music would be difficult to come by at Thailand clubs, yes, no?
Old 09-28-2006, 10:39 PM

Its hard to tell someone where to live.

Your best bet is to travel around different areas and see what you like. I have stayed in some cool quiet areas and also in the middle of bangkok. now im living on an island. Whatever your tastes tou will find somewhere you will like. Interent is availavle everywhere.

Also, there are clubs almost everywhere in thailand so you wont have trouble finding somewhere to party.

Time to drag my American Consumer ass to Burger King and Starbucks...
Old 09-28-2006, 10:39 PM

Old 09-28-2006, 10:55 PM

Old 09-28-2006, 10:57 PM

Ok, thanks again! Friends and family that have been to Thailand also recommend me to travel around.

Do you know any sites where i can look at houses that are for rent?

Lets say me and my friends fly down there and decides to travel around at the beginning, how do we find a place to rent when we are down there?

Thanks,
Per
Closed Thread