Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 08:42 PM

Default Re: NCAA Football Week 11

[ QUOTE ]
What is this going to do for an already strong Illinois recruiting process? Anyone think (hope) they can steal a few Chicago Catholic school recruits from under ND's nose?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've hoped that, but it looks unlikely

for some reason, Filer really loves the Irish

this game might be the extra shove to get commitments from OL David Young out of Edwardsville and DE Brandon Harold out of E St. Louis, who are the top players still officially available in the state of Illinois.

I hear rumblings of Illinois making ground on Ford who verballed to Iowa but opened up his recruitment again. Wisky had the lead last time I knew

Definitely might be the push to help get Illinois from the #20 area to the #10 area overall.

The biggest issue right now is closing out on Cory Liuget...the DE from the Miami area.... who verballed to Illinois, but will still be a dogfight to land.

The problem is that the Chicago Catholic schools are essentially raised from the getgo to love Notre Dame. It's a tough barrier for Illinois to overcome. Also, unlike other states, Illinois doesn't have the support of the whole state community. Among Big11Ten schools, Illinois has the lowest percentage of people in the state with a close tie to the university (alum or close relative of an alum).
Old 11-10-2007, 08:43 PM

Does Tebow have a chance to get back in it with Dixson with a win + huge night tonight?
Old 11-10-2007, 08:43 PM

I feel naked without Percy Harvin. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What scenario does OSU you need to still make it to the NC game? Any chance?

[/ QUOTE ]
If Kansas loses to Oklahoma State, but then beats Missouri, and then beats Oklahoma in the Big Twelve Title Game, while LSU loses (either to Arkansas or in the SEC Title Game) and Oregon loses (@UCLA? Or in the Civil War?), then #2 Ohio State probably plays #1 West Virginia for the title. I don't think the Buckeyes drop behind BC. I promise I'm not mocking you with this response, it really is your most realistic scenario, and the odds of it happening are probably at least 0.1%, it's not *impossible*, so start pulling for the *other* OSU tonight.

Re: if Kansas/LSU/Oregon win out, I'm pretty sure the final BCS standings will be in that order, with Oregon stuck in the Rose Bowl to demolish OSU or Michigan.

Also [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Illinois!!!

I really want to see an Oregon/LSU national title game, certainly more than I want to see Oregon/Kansas. Why? I want Oregon to win the national title and I think we have a better shot against LSU, Kansas scares me.

<font color="green">G</font><font color="yellow">O</font> <font color="green">D</font><font color="yellow">U</font><font color="green">C</font><font color="yellow">K</font><font color="green">S</font><font color="yellow">!</font><font color="green">!</font><font color="yellow">!</font><font color="green">!</font><font color="yellow">!</font>
Old 11-10-2007, 08:47 PM

Illinois' last long drive must have been excruciating for OSU fans to watch, talk about a slow death
Old 11-10-2007, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Illinois' last long drive must have been excruciating for OSU fans to watch, talk about a slow death

[/ QUOTE ]

An underdog basically never closes out a game like that too. That's what made it so awesome.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:52 PM

Tebow is looking like he is... what's the word... oh yeah, SANE. He is not seeking out, and trying to run over linebackers.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:55 PM

tebowwwwwww
Old 11-10-2007, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Re: if Kansas/LSU/Oregon win out, I'm pretty sure the final BCS standings will be in that order, with Oregon stuck in the Rose Bowl to demolish OSU or Michigan.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd prefer to get demolished by Arizona State and will accordingly be hoping that all the B12 teams and West Virginia lose so that Oregon makes the Dorito Bowl instead of the Rose Bowl.

Actually, what I'd really like to see would be LSU-Michigan, but the odds of that happening are about the same as those of Mark Mangino becoming a pitchman for Slimfast.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:02 PM

nice punt lolz