Espresso etc 3 6.98%
Girly Coffee 6 13.95%
Herbal Tea 2 4.65%
Tea (milk..) 7 16.28%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2006, 09:02 AM

Default Re: Bears 2006 Season Thread

Nice win, defense and special teams.

The offense was ugh, as seems to be the norm lately. Benson got some quality yards...that was a helluva effort to get the score.

Anyway, nice job locking up the division.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:12 AM

As I said earlier, Grossman is going to cost the Bears a chance at the SB. Even against a horrible pass D with a great defensive front he played horrible at home.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As I said earlier, Grossman is going to cost the Bears a chance at the SB. Even against a horrible pass D with a great defensive front he played horrible at home.

[/ QUOTE ]

The conditions had a lot to do with that. The winds were whipping like crazy there. Brad Johnson stunk it up so bad he got benched. The conditions had a lot to do with it.

Grossman did make some pretty bad mistakes, not saying he didn't, but I still feel he is better than Griese. Grossman has upside, Griese does not. It's gonna be funny if Smith does bench Grossman, you all will get to see just how [censored] bad Griese really is. I remember, do you?
Old 12-04-2006, 09:22 AM

I'm not saying Griese is the answer. But if the Bears want to win the SuperBowl or atleast get there, they need to instruct him to be more like Trent Dilfer on the Ravens in 2001 rather than be like Brett Favre from last year. The D and Special Teams are very good on the Bears. What's costing the team, time and time again are Grossman's horrible turnovers. The team doesn't need to score that much and shouldn't need to force it down the field, but he keeps trying to do it for some reason.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:23 AM

Len P., I think it was, wrote that Tommie Harris may be out for the season. anyone else reporting this?

EDIT: It was John Clayton

"It's a good thing the Bears clinched the NFC North because the price they paid for their victory over the Vikings was steep. The buzz in the Bears locker room is that defensive tackle Tommie Harris may have suffered a potentially season-ending knee injury. Lovie Smith didn't say how bad the knee was hurt, but Harris told teammates after the game he might be seriously hurt. They had his knee in a cast. Cornerback Nathan Vasher suffered a hamstring injury toward the end of the day. And if that wasn't bad enough, Rex Grossman had a 1.3 quarterback rating."

here
Old 12-04-2006, 09:26 AM

No. It's not on ESPN, CNNSI, etc.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:42 AM

Thanks for having my back there Rex [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img].

Well there was the preview of what happens when the Bears run a conservative offense. That second half was just tough to watch. I think there was one pass over 7 yards and they were basically just running into the line. I know the wind was a factor and it was a good idea to shut down the O with how horrible the Vikings were playing, but that was just pathetic. Maybe it could work as a tool to show Rex that you can win games with a conservative offense. But I am really just grasping at straws. Calling those plays through the second half will wear on almost anybody's confidence. Of course, then again so will three picks every week.

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Hester. Even if he can be scary he is just a beast when he wants to be. The defense played well and Harris's injury doesn't seem to be all that bad. Vasher should be fine, as his injury was cold related. They really played well against the run before Harris went out. They stuggled a bit after he left and did allow another big run, which is really their biggest problem on defense. They must find a way to stop that from happening. I keep blaming it on the loss of Brown, but Harris has been solid on run support.

After watching the rest of the NFC one thing is clear, The NFC is awful. The Bears could go through the NFC playoffs with no problem with just telling every team the only thing they will do is run the ball on every play. The biggest problem is that they can't win a SuperBowl like that. The AFC is too good. They need to find a way to get Grossman to what they need.

The defense while great, is not dominant. They still have a chance to give up points. The offense will have to bail them out at some point. That is where it stands, where it has stood the whole year. These last four games are almost like the preseason. They need to find out an offensive formula that works and I still don't think that has to do with Brian Griese.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bears DT Tommie Harris left in the third quarter Sunday with a sprained knee. Harris, who made the Pro Bowl last season, was hurt on the second scrimmage play of the second half, a 6-yard run by Taylor. After staying on the ground for several minutes, Harris was helped off the field. ... Vasher suffered a hamstring injury. ...

[/ QUOTE ]

From the game notes. Tommie is obviously a huge part of the D, if he's out they'll be a lot weaker on that side of the line. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I actually agree with you capone, on the fact that throwing bombs down field all the time is not the way to win for this team. RUN THE BALL DOWN THEIR THROATS AND LET YOUR D DO ITS THING. I think the early season success of throwing the 40 yard strike to Berrian has Turner thinking they can do it still. Teams adjust to what they see. The Bears offense isn't adjusting. How about starting Grossman off with a simple screen pass or something?
Old 12-04-2006, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Len P., I think it was, wrote that Tommie Harris may be out for the season. anyone else reporting this?

EDIT: It was John Clayton

"It's a good thing the Bears clinched the NFC North because the price they paid for their victory over the Vikings was steep. The buzz in the Bears locker room is that defensive tackle Tommie Harris may have suffered a potentially season-ending knee injury. Lovie Smith didn't say how bad the knee was hurt, but Harris told teammates after the game he might be seriously hurt. They had his knee in a cast. Cornerback Nathan Vasher suffered a hamstring injury toward the end of the day. And if that wasn't bad enough, Rex Grossman had a 1.3 quarterback rating."

here

[/ QUOTE ]

Not acording to the Chicago Sun-Times

[ QUOTE ]
Bears optimistic about Harris injury

December 4, 2006
BY BRAD BIGGS Staff Reporter
All Tommie Harris can remember is his legs spreading apart under him. The Pro Bowl defensive tackle had to be carted to the locker room after the second play of the third quarter when he tackled Vikings running back Chester Taylor at the bottom of a pile.

''I don't know what happened,'' he said. ''It felt like I was doing the splits. That's all I remember.''

Harris is scheduled to undergo an MRI on his left knee today, but the injury is not believed to be season-ending. That's good news for a defense that needs him. In his third season, the former first-round pick has yet to miss a game and the Bears will be in a tough spot without him.

''I've never been hurt,'' Harris said.

One scenario would be for Ian Scott to get his starting job back until Harris returns. Scott lost his gig after the first three games and was replaced by Tank Johnson. But it figures to be a mix-and-match with Israel Idonije and potentially Alfonso Boone getting into the action.

''If [Harris] misses one play we miss his presence,'' Johnson said. ''We just hope he gets back as fast as possible because he's a dominant player in this league.''

The news was good for cornerback Nathan Vasher, who was forced out with a pulled right hamstring in the fourth quarter. The hope is it was a product of the blistering cold -- it was 20 degrees at kickoff, with a wind chill of 6 degrees.

''It felt like I had a tug,'' said Vasher, who said the cold could have something to do with it. ''I don't know the severity of it yet.''

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-04-2006, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the early season success of throwing the 40 yard strike to Berrian has Turner thinking they can do it still. Teams adjust to what they see. The Bears offense isn't adjusting. How about starting Grossman off with a simple screen pass or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Watching yesterday's game I couldn't agree more. Everyone loved Rex at the start now he is terrible? I think Rex will be fine as their starter. Alot of this has to come down on coaching not making the correct calls. QB's don't just randomly throw down field cause they 'feel' that they can make every throw. That's game planning. NFL teams spend an entire week just watching tape.

Remember that to start off a game the first 2 or 3 drives are scripted. It looked yesterday that the Bears were looking deep on the Vikings SS who seemed to be cheating alot. I think he made 1 or 2 tackles in the run game inside 10 yards. That means that the Bears saw something in tape. Yeah Grossman made some bad throws, but maybe they should have been worrying about getting him warmed up and decided on crossing routes instead of deep balls.

Just an unbiased look at the situation. I'll admit I haven't seen much of the Bears and might just be spitting BS but it's just what I saw.