Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 04:14 PM

Default Re: AC question

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Adolf Hitler got a higher proportion of votes in 1932 than the Labour party in the UK did in 2005. Exactly how was this not democratic?

[/ QUOTE ]

Previous threads in this forum addressing this question have included such brilliant tactics as arguing that since it produced a "bad" result, it isn't democratic.

[/ QUOTE ]

And yet another one. Nazi Germany was not democratic, it was even based on an ideology that the tyranny was a better form of rule than democracy. The only 'democratic' election in 1932 was held in the Weimar Republic.

Do anyone know history around here before they make statements?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know much about history. Please tell me this. Was hitler elected after skillfully manipulating the hearts and minds of the people and then over time his reign mophed into something more and more tyrannical or did he somehow step into a dictatorship from day one?
Old 10-07-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm just wondering where you stand.

[/ QUOTE ]
k, well you got my answer. might does not necessarily make right (whether or not it does is dependent on how "right" is being defined/interpreted).
Old 10-07-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
k, well you got my answer. might does not necessarily make right (whether or not it does is dependent on how "right" is being defined/interpreted).

[/ QUOTE ]

So if 'right' is defined by me as sadistic sexual pleasure and I rape someones daughter in a particularly sadistic way, then that is 'right' (assuming I have the power to do so).
Old 10-07-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Um, no. Nothing has changed. Your answer did not address your personal subjective opinion of right or wrong. There is no inconsistency.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could just borrow one of your tricks, and claim the 'intent' of my answer was to articulate my personal subjective opinion.

After all, how do you know that it isn't my personal subjective opinion?

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Adolf Hitler got a higher proportion of votes in 1932 than the Labour party in the UK did in 2005. Exactly how was this not democratic?

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people just can't see the forrest for the trees.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny when flawed objections get echo-fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Prior to Hitler's initial election, was there a dictatorship in place?
Old 10-07-2007, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So if 'right' is defined by me as sadistic sexual pleasure and I rape someones daughter in a particularly sadistic way, then that is 'right' (assuming I have the power to do so).

[/ QUOTE ]
Obviously. It's right by your definition. Why are we going on a pointless tangent about moral relativism? I've already said that whether it's "right" has nothing to do with it.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In your mind....sure, it's right.

After all, 'right' is subjective, and you've specifically defined sadistic sexual pleasure as 'right' in your mind.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Obviously. It's right by your definition. Why are we going on a pointless tangent about moral relativism? I've already said that whether it's "right" has nothing to do with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well lets assume Me, pvn, and you 2 guys are all to the left of this hypothetical sadistic rapist as definging might makes right in this situation. I suspect we all fall in different places as we explore power and might in different area's though.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Previous threads in this forum addressing this question have included such brilliant tactics as arguing that since it produced a "bad" result, it isn't democratic.

[/ QUOTE ]

And yet another one. Nazi Germany was not democratic, it was even based on an ideology that the tyranny was a better form of rule than democracy. The only 'democratic' election in 1932 was held in the Weimar Republic.

Do anyone know history around here before they make statements?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know much about history. Please tell me this. Was hitler elected after skillfully manipulating the hearts and minds of the people and then over time his reign mophed into something more and more tyrannical or did he somehow step into a dictatorship from day one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Both of those would be a complete misrepresentation of the events that took place, if that is what you are asking.

But anyway:
It isn't something you can make clever points around, you can even make some bold claim that 'a' hitler couldn't have come to power without democracy (which would only need a glance at history to prove you completely wrong).

The net result is the same:

Germany after 1933 was not a democracy.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well lets assume Me, pvn, and you 2 guys are all to the left of this hypothetical sadistic rapist as definging might makes right in this situation. I suspect we all fall in different places as we explore power and might in different area's though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh?