Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 03:38 PM

Default Re: AC question

[ QUOTE ]

Is mr force going to make an assertion connected to 'force is part of the dispute resolution process, or at least potentially is' connected to this thread and AC at some point or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

I originally brought it up only because you said in this post that AC would use "no force".

I think we've all long since agreed that the use of force would exist in AC, and it's been nothing more than semantical arguing since by pvn over my choice of the words 'essential' and 'process'.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Adolf Hitler got a higher proportion of votes in 1932 than the Labour party in the UK did in 2005. Exactly how was this not democratic?

[/ QUOTE ]

During his entire reign, Saddam never got less than 99% of votes in their elections. Was that democracy too?
Old 10-07-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Sure. Did you get the point I was making?

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the one based on flawed knowledge, biased opinion and childish stubborness? No I didn't get it.

If your big point is 'states suck, look at cambodia' then please make it.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Might makes right?

[/ QUOTE ]No.. I'm describing the reality of a specific situation.

I'm baffled at the responses I got. Do you actually disagree with me? You act as if I was making some sort of esoteric argument, when I was making a simple statement of fact.

[/ QUOTE ]It was a simple question. Yes, you described the status quo. I asked what you thought about it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know where your question came from or how it's relevant, but no, "right" is subjective.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I'm asking you for your personal subjective opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's strange....when I answered the same question from the same post with a simple answer, you said you weren't asking a simple question for my opinion, but were intending to make a normative argument.

But when he answers the same question, the intent of your question suddenly changes to "asking for a subjective opinion" and you were looking for an answer to a simple question.

It's funny how you change around the intent of the same question based on the answers you get, so that you can then say..."you didn't answer my question". [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Might makes right?

I'm baffled at the responses I got. Do you actually disagree with me? You act as if I was making some sort of esoteric argument, when I was making a simple statement of fact.

[/ QUOTE ]It was a simple question. Yes, you described the status quo. I asked what you thought about it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know where your question came from or how it's relevant, but no, "right" is subjective.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's strange....when I answered the same question from the same post with a simple answer, you said you weren't asking a simple question for my opinion, but were intending to make a normative argument.

But when he answers the same question, the intent of your question suddenly changes to "asking for a subjective opinion" and you were looking for an answer to a simple question.

It's funny how you change around the intent of the same question based on the answers you get, so that you can then say..."you didn't answer my question". [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, no. Nothing has changed. Your answer did not address your personal subjective opinion of right or wrong. There is no inconsistency.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps you could actually explain why my analogies are bad, or what arguments I'm using that are strawmen.

[/ QUOTE ]

This post does both.

[ QUOTE ]
Or you could just continue with the ad hominem and the smug little smileys.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't calling you a douchbag for the purpose of disputing any claim, thus it isn't so much ad hominem.

Just a simple observation. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Open trolling?
Old 10-07-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps you could actually explain why my analogies are bad, or what arguments I'm using that are strawmen.

[/ QUOTE ]

This post does both.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it did neither, as my response to that post demonstrated.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Might makes right?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Where are you going with this? If you have a point to make, please just make it. If you ask me "does might make right?" and I say "no" (you can take that as my answer btw, if you wish) it's still irrelevant to what I said. And remember, I said "fair or not", i.e. whether it's "right" has nothing to do with it.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Might makes right?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Where are you going with this? If you have a point to make, please just make it. If you ask me "does might make right?" and I say "no" (you can take that as my answer btw, if you wish) it's still irrelevant to what I said. And remember, I said "fair or not", i.e. whether it's "right" has nothing to do with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just wondering where you stand.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Adolf Hitler got a higher proportion of votes in 1932 than the Labour party in the UK did in 2005. Exactly how was this not democratic?

[/ QUOTE ]

During his entire reign, Saddam never got less than 99% of votes in their elections. Was that democracy too?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course a critical difference was that Hitler won the hearts and minds of the public and got elected freely.

Sadam held a meeting with hunrdreds? of key people in Iraq when he was appointed/elected and after he gave a speech he had dozens upon dozens of poeople whom he consisdered a potential threat round up and executed. I think that is how he stareted off running Iraq. It was from the very beginning quite clearly a situation in which everyone knew they needed to be devoted to sadam or be executed. From pretty much day one of his reign of command.

Hitler started off much differently, didn't he?