Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 12:59 AM

Default Re: Absolute Cliffsnotes (Mod edit: AP thread, part 2)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ok abot 1/3rd through the new thread....

but has anyone pointed out yet that if this guy is doing coverplay he definitely reads 2+2? and if he reads it he probly posts here?

which means....

DOUBLEDRAG IS SOMEONE IN THIS ROOM RIGHT NOW!

[/ QUOTE ]

erm... this story is pretty much the top story on every poker forum right now.

Fell

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. but has he posted in this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

How would you ever know without being able to trace IPs from absolute and here?

Fell
Old 09-17-2007, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With names like potripper greycat etc hes pretty much broadcasting what hes doing. Wasnt greycat or greyfox the name of the european thief in Oceans 12?

[/ QUOTE ]

nightfox

and no, your comment is stupid
Old 09-17-2007, 01:07 AM

mob mentality is really taking over this thread.

if they lose, its obvious coverplay
and if they hopped on a table and won, its obvious cheating

what i find surprising is that we've already assumed that these people are complete idiots and know nothing about poker. and yet we're also assuming that they are on the ball on less-than-day-old poker forum threads?

ask any donk on AP if he knows about this, and i bet pretty much everyone will ask you wtf you are talking about. but THESE donks stay up to date on the latest happenings and are already trying to cover their tracks?
Old 09-17-2007, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With names like potripper greycat etc hes pretty much broadcasting what hes doing. Wasnt greycat or greyfox the name of the european thief in Oceans 12?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but Greycat is the treasonous villain of Five Hundred Years After, which also fits pretty well. Now we just need to find out who's a fan of Paarfi of Roundwood.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:13 AM

Isn't the high winrate for NL partially due to AP tables being 200bb buyins and him playing like an idiot? I still think he's cheating. Today he seemed genuinely tilted by everyone accusing him.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:15 AM

Default Re: Absolute Cliffsnotes

If it's a trojan - or a backdoor - it's installed on their server (perhaps acting as a proxy), not on the individual player's computers. If this is the case, it would be done with the assistance of someone in their systems department.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
mob mentality is really taking over this thread.

if they lose, its obvious coverplay
and if they hopped on a table and won, its obvious cheating

what i find surprising is that we've already assumed that these people are complete idiots and know nothing about poker. and yet we're also assuming that they are on the ball on less-than-day-old poker forum threads?

ask any donk on AP if he knows about this, and i bet pretty much everyone will ask you wtf you are talking about. but THESE donks stay up to date on the latest happenings and are already trying to cover their tracks?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, the original hi-stakes LHE thread is now out of the mod forum and has been for awhile. Could all the dumb-dumb please read that before posting here?
Old 09-17-2007, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have a firm date for the patch?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure it was 8/23. Either that or 8/22.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But look at what evidence we have here, it's all circumstantial over VERY small sample sizes.

[/ QUOTE ]

People who say LOL SMALL SAMPLE SIZE when the standard deviation is RIDICULOUS are [censored] idiots, and this obviously includes you.

Just because the sample size is small DOES NOT MEAN THE DATA IS NOT VALID YOU IDIOTDAGNSLKHHSD HSLH
Old 09-17-2007, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but Greycat is the treasonous villain of Five Hundred Years After, which also fits pretty well. Now we just need to find out who's a fan of Paarfi of Roundwood.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the literature reference makes it more likely that AP or some developed created this account as a 'superuser' to help develop the software because this often something computer nerds would do (my dad is a programmer and he and his co-workers often make these kind of references in their naming choices) furthermore this particular reference is in a genre of literature that fits the stereotype of what I would expect a programmer to be reading in my personal experience.

I would also add that I think someone else is probably abusing the account at this point because the recklessness or stupidity shown by their actions does not coincide well with the necessary intelligence to do things like program, hack or even read. Probably one of the greatest earning opportunities in history wasted (thankfully) because of this.
Closed Thread