Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Ask me about Starbucks

[ QUOTE ]
What are the best ways to create alcoholic drinks with SB coffee?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if you were asking about coffee specifically, but a blended strawberry-lemonade mixed with some rum is awesome in summer.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What are the best ways to create alcoholic drinks with SB coffee?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if you were asking about coffee specifically, but a blended strawberry-lemonade mixed with some rum is awesome in summer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean that when I get an alcoholic kind of coffee drink in restaurants, it's created from regular coffee which doesn't have as much of a kick as SB coffee does, because SB coffee has much more caffeine content. So I'm curious if there are good recipes for combining alcoholic goodness with the high-caffeine SB coffee.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:43 PM

Chai is a drink made of a blend of herbs + spices, which may or may not include actual tea. I brew up my own blend at home, and it includes anise seeds, bay leaves, cardamon pods, cloves, cinnamon sticks, allspice, peppercorns, ginger, vanilla, + black tea. You can also get chai tea bags, which is just all of that stuff ground up + put into the paper seep bags.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:44 PM

heh yea I figured that, i thought I'd give a nod to the strawberry-lemonade/rum combo anyways.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Chai is a drink made of a blend of herbs + spices, which may or may not include actual tea. I brew up my own blend at home, and it includes anise seeds, bay leaves, cardamon pods, cloves, cinnamon sticks, allspice, peppercorns, ginger, vanilla, + black tea. You can also get chai tea bags, which is just all of that stuff ground up + put into the paper seep bags.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that's complicated. How much do you make up at a time, and how did you decide on that lengthy list of ingredients? Or did you see it as a recipe somewhere?
Old 08-01-2007, 03:54 PM

Validity of Carlin's New Rule? IMO it's spot on.

[ QUOTE ]
New Rule: The more complicated the Starbucks order, the bigger the ass hole. If you walk into a Starbucks and order a "decaf grande half-soy, half-low fat, iced vanilla, double-shot, gingerbread cappuccino, extra dry, light ice, with one Sweet-n'-Low and one NutraSweet," ooh, you're a huge ass hole.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-01-2007, 03:56 PM

I make up 2 quarts at a time and store it in the refrigerator. I usually mix it 50/50 with milk + add some sugar or honey when I drink it. The recipe has a lot of ingredients, but it's not that hard as it's just throwing a bunch of stuff into a pot of water + simmering for 20 minutes (save the tea for the last 5 minutes off heat, then strain the whole batch). I got a recipe off of some web site, but it's pretty easy to make adjustments/substitutions for your own tastes (which is what I did).
Old 08-01-2007, 03:59 PM

Has anyone ever pulled a Larry David?

Larry: I'll have a vanilla...one of those vanilla BS things. You know, whatever you want, some vanilla BS latte cappa thing. Whatever you got.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that's complicated. How much do you make up at a time, and how did you decide on that lengthy list of ingredients? Or did you see it as a recipe somewhere?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I just toss a bag of Stash Chai Green into a mug and it works for me.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Validity of Carlin's New Rule? IMO it's spot on.

[ QUOTE ]
New Rule: The more complicated the Starbucks order, the bigger the ass hole. If you walk into a Starbucks and order a "decaf grande half-soy, half-low fat, iced vanilla, double-shot, gingerbread cappuccino, extra dry, light ice, with one Sweet-n'-Low and one NutraSweet," ooh, you're a huge ass hole.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't understand why people take issue with this. People know what they like, they order it, the end. Sometimes you're trying to hit that perfect combo of tasty/slightly healthy.