Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 05:58 AM

Default Re: ***July LC Thread*** - Yeah it\'s late...

Thanks for the advice. Like I said I'm relatively new and probably tighter than I should be in HU cash. I'm still trying to fine tune some aggression just so I dont feel overwhelmed when the table runs bone dry or some huge fish decides to sit with a full stack. The biggest thing I'm probably trying to learn and get past is with my aggression oop.

He had K5s on the hand I posted above.

My thought process for this hand was: "I got an ace, I probably have the best hand so I'll raise. Flop, its okay. I might still be good here and his bet is too weak for me to fold to. I also cant be giving up so easily on hands here when I raise and miss. I'll float and see what he does on the turn." Then I hit on the turn and decide to go for a check raise that fails. To be fair this guy was very aggressive postflop, at least more so than I probably was and shouldve been. River I obv try to valuebet and get raised.

He's repping a 6 right?
Or a busted draw like 57/78?
Do I fold/call/raise?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 2 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

Hero (BB): $47.00
SB: $159.50

Preflop: Hero is dealt 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, SB calls $1.50

Flop: ($4) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">SB bets $1.50</font>, Hero calls $1.50

Turn: ($7) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, SB checks

River: ($7) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $13.00</font>, Hero ?
Old 07-28-2007, 06:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the advice. Like I said I'm relatively new and probably tighter than I should be in HU cash. I'm still trying to fine tune some aggression just so I dont feel overwhelmed when the table runs bone dry or some huge fish decides to sit with a full stack. The biggest thing I'm probably trying to learn and get past is with my aggression oop.

He had K5s on the hand I posted above.

My thought process for this hand was: "I got an ace, I probably have the best hand so I'll raise. Flop, its okay. I might still be good here and his bet is too weak for me to fold to. I also cant be giving up so easily on hands here when I raise and miss. I'll float and see what he does on the turn." Then I hit on the turn and decide to go for a check raise that fails. To be fair this guy was very aggressive postflop, at least more so than I probably was and shouldve been. River I obv try to valuebet and get raised.

He's repping a 6 right?
Or a busted draw like 57/78?
Do I fold/call/raise?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 2 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

Hero (BB): $47.00
SB: $159.50

Preflop: Hero is dealt 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, SB calls $1.50

Flop: ($4) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">SB bets $1.50</font>, Hero calls $1.50

Turn: ($7) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, SB checks

River: ($7) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $13.00</font>, Hero ?

[/ QUOTE ]

an ace is usually the best hand pf but A rag is hard to play OOP so I probably check.
When you do decide to raise OOP you should generally be cbetting.

On the turn I like a lead, the ace is a scare card and might make him check.

river...
it looks like a 6 a good % of the time. I like a fold, I dont think you see too many bluffs here but I guess that depends on the villian.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:24 AM

Anyone know if "DiggerAtWork" is a 2+2'er? There's something I recognise about the name, but I can't put my finger on it.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:13 PM

This forum is getting big, cant wait to see the traffic numbers for this month.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:26 PM

Yes, headsup seems to be getting really really popular. Ive been meeting 6 max players testing headsup all the time lately.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:25 PM

Is it just me or are PLO Hi SNGs like printing money?

Everyone I've played has been either a terrible calling station who stacks off with AA every time or a gigantic LAGtard who ... stacks off with AA every time.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

an ace is usually the best hand pf but A rag is hard to play OOP so I probably check.
When you do decide to raise OOP you should generally be cbetting.

On the turn I like a lead, the ace is a scare card and might make him check.

river...
it looks like a 6 a good % of the time. I like a fold, I dont think you see too many bluffs here but I guess that depends on the villian.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks I dont know why I didnt c-bet this flop though. I was c-betting probably 9/10 times before this and I must have had a gigantic brain fart or something.

On the turn, like I said, I was trying to go for a c/r that failed.

River is something I wasnt too sure of and I kinda paid him off with his 67o :/ Do you think that this is the majority of the time a spew? lets say my kicker was a J/T. Would it still be a call or a fold the majority of the time?

Like I said I'm still learning and its still very hard to find people playing at 50NL HU with a 70+bb buyin and not some retarded $13.27 amount thats probably their entire roll. I dont really want to jump into games that are higher even though my roll would be able to support the losses and swings. Playing with people that are better than myself or having to prove my e-poker-dick is bigger than someone elses isn't my MO. I'm playing poker to make money from it. Nothing else.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:29 PM

i don't think a turn c/r is a great idea there honestly. there's no real need to get fancy just bet turn and bet/fold river for value.

and yes, i think calling that river is a leak even with a bigger ace.

see if you can get somebody to sweat you next time you play a good hu session, it can help expose problems you were completely overlooking. the irc channel can be pretty good at times.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:08 AM

decided to take a break from 12 tabling 50nl 6max and try some 4 tabling HU SNGs. these results are not based on my skill but on the retardation of my opponents

probably hard to read. 32 sngs since midnight. 75% ITM lol

Old 07-29-2007, 05:49 AM

this last week has been wonderful.

most of this is 200nl, mixed with 100nl and two sessions in the 1.5/3 deep 6 max game on ftp

i always set a goal of 5-10k, and this month wasn't looking like i'd get there...but right now i'm at just under 6k, with my 1.8k in mtt losses, so hopefully the next few sessions keep going like this and i break to the 7k mark. would be kewl.
Closed Thread