Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2007, 12:34 AM

Default Re: Best friend slept with girl of my dreams, what SHOULD I do?

wow diablo pwned this thread so hard.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Question:

What do you do as a guy to avoid being perceived like this once you are in the friend zone? I straight up asked a friend out and she said no. I still like her, so I'd either like to:
A) get over her and then be good friends with her, which is tough because everytime we hang out we have an amazing time and it makes me want her,
or
B) [censored] her brains out.

I guess the standard advice will be to ignore her/be cold to her. Which seems dumb since I enjoy being with her so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

you stay friends with her, but start sleeping with her friends/coworkers/roommates/neighbours/anyone really. don't ever talk about it with her, except vaguely like, 'it was awesome having lunch, but i gotta run, i've got to meet your sister in an hour'. then she'll want you.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:52 AM

someone post a pic of a hot naked girl in this thread... this emo [censored] is pathetic
Old 06-23-2007, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
El D,

We were sitting around in the dorm room with a girl he was seeing, a friend of hers who I was trying to get to know better, no one was under the influence of anything, but he had been on some sort of high doing battle-rap challenges around our dorm lately. I flowed with him once in awhile, nothing hostile though. He kept challenging me to battle, and not wanting to look like an [censored], I declined. He went through it anyway. Girl I was trying to hook up with never gave me the time of day after. Not a huge loss in terms of her, but that really pissed me off for a few days.

Nath,

Good burn!

Others,

I suck at photoshop, the pic was just cropped differently on other sites. Scarily similar pick of Paul Heyman at his worst, don't think I really look like that I hope!

Also got a long email from "John".

The gist of it is:

- Bring up fond memories
- Apologizes for how careless he is with my friendship
- He just wanted to bang both sisters
- He thought he could get away with it (nope, his ex knows now)
- One of his biggest regrets
- Will try to keep in touch, hopes I do too eventually

The getting away with it part really sickens me.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm not sure if I interpreted this right, but I think he wanted to "get away with it" meaning he didn't want his ex-gf to find out. If that's the case, why is that so sickening?
Old 06-23-2007, 03:57 AM

This really should have been "Trip Report: I Eiffel towered the girl of my dreams"
Old 06-23-2007, 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
She's only slept with one other guy before (her last boyfriend of 8 months), so even when drunk she hasn't pulled a thing like this before

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. If you believe this, I have some oceanfront property in Arizona I will sell you cheap.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:55 AM

Tonight at a bar I used OP's story on a girl, pretending it happened to my friends, and asking her opinion (she said friend who banged the girl is really bad, but we didn't go much into it).

Eventually we got around to talking about the Adventures of Pete & Pete, but before we could finish talking about the seminal Papercut episode, she had to go. I got her number obv. When do I call? Do I start discussing Pete right away when I call? Should I ask for her Myspace/AIM so that it's easier to expand on our conversations (we didn't talk long at all)?

Obviously if she lived close we'd watch Pete & Pete on DVD at my house and then I would SIIHP, but she lives about an hour away (NYC is middle ground).

I know this is fairly basic stuff, but I figure I'm allowed to ask since it's not its own thread.

PS My roommate's sister made out with Little Pete on the set of the Baby-Sitters Club movie.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:34 AM

tl;dr ummmmmmmmmmm... friend zone!!
Old 06-23-2007, 06:54 AM

Furniture humping FTW.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:02 AM

You don't get to 'call dibs' on women in the real world. Women will sleep with who they like and its your job to be appealing enough that its you. Complaining when its somebody else, even a friend, is totally missing the problem.

Your clearly the kind of guy who is going to get put in the friend zone a lot if you don't do something about it. Want to know the secret of that never happening again? Openly tell women your interested in you refuse to be their friend, that you have enough friends, etc. Be cocky and arrogant about it if you have to, it doesn't matter, there is no single way to make sure you never have anything romantic happen with a woman like allowing yourself to become her friend. So just refuse, flat out. Its a 100% dick move, but it works.