Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Where Would You Go?
Olive Garden 47 66.20%
Chipotle 24 33.80%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2007, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Dating: If you\'re short, you better make $$$$$$$

I think a good part of it is that I'm just older than you, and have spent less time around immature, silly girls. That and I just have a much less cynical outlook on life. If you go around looking for the worst in people, you'll find it more often than not. I kidna do the exact opposite.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:37 PM

kkf,

lol.

To clarify my position on women, I just wish that on this particular issue that they would be honest with the public and men in general. Men make it no secret that we are idiotic morons that like boobs and non-fat women, so wtf is the big deal if you say you like men with money? It's just as superficial, and even arguably less so!

As a smarter man than I once said: "Game recognize game and you lookin' real familiar."
Old 04-13-2007, 01:38 PM

Blarg,

I think your attitude towards women is far more repugnant and cynical that kyle's is by a long shot.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm just so confused with OOT.

How can so many people say women aren't about money, and then turn around in the recent thread where the guy failed to pay for his date and say WTF MAN YOU GOTTA PAY FOR THE DATE OR THE GIRL WON'T GO OUT WITH YOU.

Just makes no sense to me

[/ QUOTE ]

FTR, the wasn't the situation at all. That douche El Duque took her on a date that was more expensive than they had originally planned, and then embarrassed her by having her throw down her last $20 to cover her half.

I don't think anyone thinks that "dutch" dates are out of line in this day and age. But El Duque pulled a bait-and-switch, and then embarrassed her, then acted confused as to why she may not be into him. Completely different situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll admit that situation is different, and El Douche sucks anyways, but the rest of my post still stands
Old 04-13-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a good part of it is that I'm just older than you, and have spent less time around immature, silly girls. That and I just have a much less cynical outlook on life. If you go around looking for the worst in people, you'll find it more often than not. I kidna do the exact opposite.

[/ QUOTE ]

RE: Silly, immature girls

You are probably right on this one.

RE: Cynical outlook on life

I used to have the exact opposite outlook on life, actually, but it wasn't until that I started realizing that I was not special did I finally get anywhere with my life. I have very strong views on people who are elitist-minded in any fashion, or people who like to lie about stupid personality flaws, or people who are passive-aggressive. Unsurprisingly, this leads to me disliking a lot of people who don't communicate their feelings directly for fear of being unable to cope with the consequences.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Blarg,

I think your attitude towards women is far more repugnant and cynical that kyle's is by a long shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

This must be why I love Blarg.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems to me like most people understand that women are somewhat attracted to men with money, but when it's verbalized, everyone gets defensive, like it's taboo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, this is a taboo subject, and its discussion can be pretty easily socially punished. There's a good amount of fear around honesty of this type.

[ QUOTE ]
Women have so many men to choose from, that it only makes sense that most are going to rule out those with little money, both because it means they are probably of low value, and they won't be able to provide for her in the future.

It's just how it goes.

Money is an easy indicator of value. If you are able to show value in other ways, then it really becomes a non-issue. If you're unable of showing value in other ways, then of course it becomes a large factor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't go with you on money being a fair measure of all value. Money is a fairest measure of, well, money.

And having more money or less money doesn't necessarily impact whether you will be able to provide for someone. It also begs the question of whether one adult person providing for another is really appropriate. If a child is born, sure.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna have to go with kyleb on this one. Dids tends to be willfully naive and positive about anyone he likes and pretty much drops his judgment by the wayside in order to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]
I consider this a waste of your 20,000th post, even if I agree. Maybe they can have it deleted and you can try again.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:44 PM

Another thought:

[10:39] <B_Dids> why the [censored] don't people grasp
[10:39] <B_Dids> that if they think women are pieces of [censored], and act accordingly
[10:39] <B_Dids> that smart nice girls probably are going to avoid them like the plauge
[10:40] <B_Dids> and thus the subset of women to which they are exposed is going to be a bunch of stupid chickenheads who can tolerate somebody being an [censored]

Kyle,

I think there's a difference between what I do, which I call "assuming the best of people" than anything you describe. A lot of what you say seems like you're making a lot of negative assumptions about people, and that's just throwing up roadblocks to getting along with folks.

I'd love it if people were more direct too, but I think projecting a set of reasons as to why they're not is a step in the wrong direction.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:50 PM

Dids,

Again, I don't think women are pieces of [censored]. I said they are not honest about their actual desires, which is fairly annoying at the bare minimum to me. (This crosses over to men as well.)

Here's my general outlook on friends: I don't need to act differently or suppress my feelings/viewpoints in order to make friends, nor do I think anyone should do this for me. To use a business analogy, I would much rather deal with the jerk who is a straight-shooter and gets to the point immediately rather than the nice guy who is always making up excuses on why he didn't do something or skirting around a real conflict he has with me.