yea 2 15.38%
nay 11 84.62%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2007, 10:16 AM

Default Re: Bonds bitter over departure from Giants

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Also, please tell me your name is based on the Mexican steroid. I dont know why I didnt catch it before a couple days ago but that is awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1937594

From the article:

[ QUOTE ]
...I know I've seen Greg give Barry the same thing I was taking," Sheffield said. "I didn't see him taking those red beans, but I seen him taking this (clear) and this cream here."

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Strange...I don't see anywhere in the linked article where Sheffield said anything about <u>my username</u> being based on a mexican steroid.

Like I said, not even close. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

It's based on the stuff I like to eat with rice, if you really must know....you know...redbeans and rice....but I am somewhat flattered that you're linking ESPN articles and quoting Gary Sheffield in an attempt to ascribe an alternative motivation of origin for MY NAME.

Oops..

And I take it this is the point in the thread where you really aren't interested in sincerely discussing the issue any longer, and instead just want to resort to silliness like the above secret conspiracy regarding my username.

Sweet.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:22 AM

Redbeans and rice...never used to like them, but then I worked in a Mexican restaurant. Now I really do enjoy those red beans and rice, yes sir red beans are fiiinneee by me. All this red bean hate has to go!
Old 11-01-2007, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A direct quote from you:

[ QUOTE ]

Aside from the fact that Barry never cheated....I bet you couldn't even name those who actually did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems pretty definitive to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very definitive, considering that the rule in which you allege he broke is very, very clear in it's description, and Barry Bonds does not meet the criteria needed in order to violate that rule.

[ QUOTE ]

And dont give us the whole MLB policy crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, right...of course. You want to talk about Bonds breaking the rule, but then you don't want to talk about the actual rule itself, and how he didn't break the rule.

Sweet...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the second time you have avoided this question.

If I drive down the highway where the speed limit is 55 and I am driving 65, am I speeding?
Old 11-01-2007, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Strange...I don't see anywhere in the linked article where Sheffield said anything about <u>my username</u> being based on a mexican steroid.

Like I said, not even close. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

And I take it this is the point in the thread where you really aren't interested in sincerely discussing the issue any longer, and instead just want to resort to silliness like the above secret conspiracy regarding my username.

Sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said the article included that. I just used my reasoning skills to infer that someone who spends a ton of time defending someone accused of using "red beans" might have the an awesome sense of humor and use that as his SN.

If anything I think you are the one who is not interested in discussing the issue. You have reduced the conversation to one of semantics.

I await your response to the speeding question....it is very relevant to this discussion.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just used my reasoning skills to infer that someone who spends a ton of time defending someone accused of using "red beans" might have the an awesome sense of humor and use that as his SN.

[/ QUOTE ]

The same reasoning skills that had you concluding that an assumption on your part constituted an admission of guilt on Bonds part?

Careful with that axe, Eugene.

[ QUOTE ]

If anything I think you are the one who is not interested in discussing the issue. You have reduced the conversation to one of semantics.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll discuss the issue as long and as far as you want to discuss it, hoss. And I'm sorry if you get aggravated by the semantics....those pesky details like facts....but when we're talking about the legal burden of proof in the grand jury, or about the explicit language of the baseball rule you allege he broke...then yeah...it's kinda important to bring up the actual language of the rules and laws....and not so much ignore them for what you want to believe they mean and then holler and scream "semantics!" when I point out that you're dead wrong.

[ QUOTE ]

I await your response to the speeding question....it is very relevant to this discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Refresh my memory here...how is you driving along at 65mph relevant to whether or not Bonds violated the MLB steroid policy?

If you wanna talk about Bonds, lets talk about Bonds.

If you wanna impress me with how fast your car goes, send me a PM or something and ask me out on a date.

I mean, seriously.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just used my reasoning skills to infer that someone who spends a ton of time defending someone accused of using "red beans" might have the an awesome sense of humor and use that as his SN.

[/ QUOTE ]

The same reasoning skills that had you concluding that an assumption on your part constituted an admission of guilt on Bonds part?

Careful with that axe, Eugene.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please find where I did this. I have never said Bonds admitted to using PED's.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll discuss the issue as long and as far as you want to discuss it, hoss. And I'm sorry if you get aggravated by the semantics....those pesky details like facts....but when we're talking about the legal burden of proof in the grand jury, or about the explicit language of the baseball rule you allege he broke...then yeah...it's kinda important to bring up the actual language of the rules and laws....and not so much ignore them for what you want to believe they mean and then holler and scream "semantics!" when I point out that you're dead wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are missing the forest for the trees. Nobody is arguing if Bonds has tested positive. The argument is did he use a substance, that if tested, would have led to a positive test.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Refresh my memory here...how is you driving along at 65mph relevant to whether or not Bonds violated the MLB steroid policy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? If it is so irrelevant you would just answer it.

Let me lay it out real clear:

Barry Bonds never violated the MLB steroid policy does not equal Barry Bonds never took steroids.

Just like...

manbearpig never got a ticket for speeding does not equal manbearpig never sped.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:54 AM

Old 11-01-2007, 11:55 AM

Again, this is a direct quote from you:

[ QUOTE ]
Aside from the fact that Barry never cheated

[/ QUOTE ]

I am going to ask two yes or no questions, should be simple enough to answer.

If Player A takes PED's, but never gets caught, did he cheat?

If Player A drives 65 in a 55, but does not get a ticket, did he speed?
Old 11-01-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Please find where I did this. I have never said Bonds admitted to using PED's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too easy.

Excerpt from one of your previous posts:

[ QUOTE ]

BB has leaked grand jury testimony where he admits to using PEDs.

[/ QUOTE ]

To which I countered as false in this post.

To which you then replied that you felt I messed up and were expecting me to admit I was wrong.

To which, ultimately, you admitted you were wrong, and conceded that Bonds had not in fact admitted PED use to the grand jury.

Notice how it kinda went full circle there, just as I had predicted and Pudge did in forecasting the three-round TKO?

Sweet..

[ QUOTE ]
You are missing the forest for the trees. Nobody is arguing if Bonds has tested positive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh....so you aren't arguing that Bonds violated the MLB steroid policy?

Good then, we agree on that.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Barry Bonds never violated the MLB steroid policy does not equal Barry Bonds never took steroids.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree.

But it also doesn't mean he did.....that's merely speculation at this point, and unproven allegation, as I've said.

All we know as FACT is that Bonds has never violated the MLB Steroid Policy.

The rest is speculation, allegation, assumption, and opinion.

[ QUOTE ]

manbearpig never got a ticket for speeding does not equal manbearpig never sped.

[/ QUOTE ]

Minor nit, but manbearpig did admit in his irrelevant analogy that he sped, which would translate to an explicit admission in our MLB discussion, and thus constitute a clear violation.

Just to clarify, Barry Bonds has never admitted PED use. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]